AAAH. I see, I forget we are so far away sometimes and our products are sometimes not in line! So with that said, I'm all for the FLUSH and REVISIT. If it's lockout, we will know and fix it and if it's something else, we can better experiment cause as of now, no matter what I think or what anyone does or says isn't really going to matter until we get her able to receive the goods again and make use of them. But positivism is key! I'm telling ya she can feel the anxiety aura! You got this Carmen, I am sure once you flush and start over, she will come around!

I would flush that bag until all water runs clear from the bottom then you will see the leaves lift more and green return but you must flush thoroughly then feed. If you flush and you see foamy water float around the top that foam is what you want to remove.
Ok between you and Shed, I was convinced and I have finished flushing. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks for persuading me to do it. I put 32 L through a 20 L pot. Is that sufficient? I didn't see any foamy stuff.

Must I feed straight away? I'd like to reintroduce microbes and mycos. My water needs to stand overnight before I can mix in microbes and mycos, to get rid of the chlorine.

AAAH. I see, I forget we are so far away sometimes and our products are sometimes not in line! So with that said, I'm all for the FLUSH and REVISIT. If it's lockout, we will know and fix it and if it's something else, we can better experiment cause as of now, no matter what I think or what anyone does or says isn't really going to matter until we get her able to receive the goods again and make use of them. But positivism is key! I'm telling ya she can feel the anxiety aura! You got this Carmen, I am sure once you flush and start over, she will come around!
Done, thanks for the positive vibes! I hope that this is going to rescue her.

Yes get food to them as soon after flush as possible.
This is what I was thinking of giving to the plant Otter:

Microbes, mycos and Nourish. First of all, does that sound right? Secondly, should I be giving calmag?

I put 32 L through a 20 L pot. Is that sufficient?
A true flush is typically 3x pot volume so more like double what you used, but the goal is to get the clear water coming out. If you haven't started the feeding cycle I would run the rest thru just to be sure. Then reintroduce the mycos, but be sure if you water them in that they are water soluble like Great White.

A true flush is typically 3x pot volume so more like double what you used, but the goal is to get the clear water coming out. If you haven't started the feeding cycle I would run the rest thru just to be sure. Then reintroduce the mycos, but be sure if you water them in that they are water soluble like Great White.
Hi Azi, thanks. I have followed your instruction and run a total of 60 L through the pot.

I have a few questions before I feed this plant anything.

1 - How much water should I give it?
2 - Should I be giving it calmag?
3 - Should I feed immediately or should I wait for the chlorine to get out of the water first?
4 - Are we happy that Nourish is the right fertilizer for this plant?

Thanks!

1 - Sorry, don't really know. About as much as you usually give in a watering?
2 - If you have been so far then I would.
3 - If you didn't dechlorinate the flush water I don't see any reason why you would now, unless there are active microbes in the new stuff.
4 - Looks good to me.
Good luck!

You can drop both chlorine and chloramine out of solution with a small amount of vitamin C from the drug store if you don't want to wait, and actually if you have chloramine in your water that doesn't off-gas overnight like chlorine does.

I have a few questions before I feed this plant anything.

1 - How much water should I give it?
2 - Should I be giving it calmag?
3 - Should I feed immediately or should I wait for the chlorine to get out of the water first?
4 - Are we happy that Nourish is the right fertilizer for this plant?
1. The medium will be saturated from the flush so really whater you need for the proper dilution of your nutes is the answer here.

2. Yes, standard operating procedures should resume immediately

3. You can feed immediately and maybe add the microbes in a day or so after your chlorinated water has sat for 24 hours

4. No clue. Others will have to weigh in on this one.

Thank you @Melville Hobbes and @Azimuth

1 - Must I not water to runoff? The dilution for this Nourish is 1tsp per L of water. Must I do 1 Liter or more?
2 - I have not been giving calmag. Should I start now? I thought @InTheShed said something about Calcium?
Doesn't have any Ca in it but I think you have some on hand.
3 - It's midnight so no Vitamin C on hand. The only way I can get the chlorine off is to leave it uncovered overnight. Microbes will have to wait until the next watering.

Thank you @Melville Hobbes and @Azimuth

1 - Must I not water to runoff? The dilution for this Nourish is 1tsp per L of water. Must I do 1 Liter or more?
2 - I have not been giving calmag. Should I start now? I thought @InTheShed said something about Calcium?

3 - It's midnight so no Vitamin C on hand. The only way I can get the chlorine off is to leave it uncovered overnight. Microbes will have to wait until the next watering.
You water to runoff to ensure the medium is saturated and to avoid buildup of nutrient salts. Neither is likely to be an issue right now.
Maybe Shed will weigh in on the calmag, but if you haven't been using it, and you want to see if your new nutrients solve the problem it might be best to leave it out this time.
What are the calcium and magnesium levels of the new nutes?

The watering until runoff is about making sure you've given the pot enough water to fully saturate the medium. Since you've already done that you probably need well less than whatever your normal amount is, but just be sure to mix up you fertigation liquid to the right dilution even if you don't end up giving it all to the plant in the first go.

You want some food in the mix since you flushed everything out in your previous round, but you'll soon be back on the normal schedule.

I thought you were already giving calcium. Canna is a cal/Mag hungry plant and it is often hard to give it too much. Too little is what usually causes problems.

That said, I would try a cycle or two on the normal nute instructions before I tried to change things up.

You can also help the evaporation by bubbling the water with an air stone or even stirring vigorously by hand. Depending on how precious your microbe supply is you might give them some now and then again after your water has sat.

Must I feed straight away?
Already answered and yes, absolutely.
My water needs to stand overnight before I can mix in microbes and mycos, to get rid of the chlorine.
Unless it's undrinkable as is you can use it as is.
This is what I was thinking of giving to the plant Otter:

Microbes, mycos and Nourish. First of all, does that sound right? Secondly, should I be giving calmag?
Nourish even more nitrogen. Skip it for sure. And since this is now a synthetic grow no reason to feed any microbes, though soluble mycos can help if you have any. I don't believe mycorrhizae will wash out in a flush.

In terms of cal-mag, use it if there isn't any in the new nutes.

Already answered and yes, absolutely.

Unless it's undrinkable as is you can use it as is.

Nourish even more nitrogen. Skip it for sure. And since this is now a synthetic grow no reason to feed any microbes, though soluble mycos can help if you have any. I don't believe mycorrhizae will wash out in a flush.

In terms of cal-mag, use it if there isn't any in the new nutes.
I thought Nourish was the name of the new nutes?
According to their website it only has 0.06 calcium, and 0.23 mag.
Screenshot_20230819_193219_Firefox.jpg

At least the N-P-K-C-Mg-S is in percentages on this chart.

Thank you. I have given the plant a Liter of water with Nourish, Calmag, Mycos and Microbes.

My Parmesan has a different urgent issue. This plant has been receiving Biobizz Bloom, with an NPK of 2:7:4 and recently Calmag. The plant continues to droop.
DSC_4582.jpg
DSC_4583.jpg
DSC_4585.jpg
DSC_4587.jpg

Guys I'm fed up and down hearted about this grow now. Am I blaming the soil for this, or the swick or my watering technique, or what??? Why am I running into all the problems?

Oh thanks Mel, I thought it was some microbe thing. Nourish good, cal-mag good!
Thanks Shed. I am feeling very disheartened about this grow. I could cry actually. I need to do things differently next grow.
Could be any combination of the soil and the SWICK and the additives. And for the record, cannabis does not need more P than K or N ever.

And I'd go with more than 1L of nutes in a newly flushed pot because of the amount of plain water still left in the soil.
How much more than 1 Liter? Will 2 Liters be enough? It all poured straight through the medium into the saucer.

Back
Top Bottom