Buds growing

darkdragon2451

Hello

I have 3 Photo plants outside my Garden. There almost 10 weeks old.
My question now is when do they start getting buds? They have literally No buds Not even Lil hairs. Did i do Something wrong cause i places them in a 16L bucket outside and they get about 8-12h of sun

Your location on the planet will determine when flowering starts .... well, each plant can go a little earlier or later too, as individuals. NorthEastern side of USA here, and flowering is just beginning for me. They start to flower based on number of darkness hours (typically they need 11-13), make sure your plant is not getting supplemental light after the sun goes down.
At ten weeks, they should be mature enough for you to see some pistils at the nodes on the stem at least, but you see nothing? Some pics would probably be helpful.

ETA: I have two plants outside right now, side by side, same conditions, one is already noticeably into flower, and the other one is just barely showing signs of stretching.

Your location on the planet will determine when flowering starts .... well, each plant can go a little earlier or later too, as individuals. NorthEastern side of USA here, and flowering is just beginning for me. They start to flower based on number of darkness hours (typically they need 11-13), make sure your plant is not getting supplemental light after the sun goes down.
At ten weeks, they should be mature enough for you to see some pistils at the nodes on the stem at least, but you see nothing? Some pics would probably be helpful.

ETA: I have two plants outside right now, side by side, same conditions, one is already noticeably into flower, and the other one is just barely showing signs of stretching.
I could send you fresh Pictures tomorrow. Its already dark Here in Germany but i have These pictures (3-4 days old)

1722542200718.jpg

1722542200731.jpg

1722542200723.jpg

8-12 is a pretty broad range, how much actual direct sun do they get? They (all?) are ten weeks old you say? I see healthy vegging plants, but they don't appear to be getting enough light (long stretchy branches and spread out leaves)

But aside from that, the one in the second pic looks much younger / less mature, as it doesn't even have alternating branches yet. That one tho, reminds me of a boy, with the straight lines and stretchy stem.

Anyway, I think you may need to get some supplemental lighting if you want to get any buds of substance.

8-12 is a pretty broad range, how much actual direct sun do they get? They (all?) are ten weeks old you say? I see healthy vegging plants, but they don't appear to be getting enough light (long stretchy branches and spread out leaves)

But aside from that, the one in the second pic looks much younger / less mature, as it doesn't even have alternating branches yet. That one tho, reminds me of a boy, with the straight lines and stretchy stem.

Anyway, I think you may need to get some supplemental lighting if you want to get any buds of substance.
Aight i did infact buy me a big grow lamp so i could technically give them Like 3-6 hours more sun or i could technically place them outside into the middle of the Garden (flat Landscape there)

For the one that Looks Like a Boy. I cant See the Balls and she has These 2 little Strips to Determinante the gender! For the question why she Looka Like that? I think that this rlly didnt get much light and started searching for it cause i planted her and 3 days or some later it started to storm for Like 1,5 weeks straight (maybe only 2h light per day and maybe 2 days where IT was Sunny in does 2 weeks)

Absolutely possible, I don't see balls either, just noting that of the males I have grown, they all had that sort of lanky, tough look to them /shrug. That plant in particular is not sexually mature, and that alone may be why flowering hasn't started, but they usually mature quickly once the dark hours have tipped the scale towards flowering times.

Personally I would opt for full real sun if that is available to you, 'more' light would only serve to make sure they don't begin flowering yet. I was thinking more along the lines of giving them supplemental light along with the light they were getting, so light on at the same time daylight happens. Full sun out away from the shade would be better for the plant. Depending on how much full sun they've been receiving tho, you may need to acclimate them an hour or two at a time for a week, just to make sure they don't fry.

Absolutely possible, I don't see balls either, just noting that of the males I have grown, they all had that sort of lanky, tough look to them /shrug. That plant in particular is not sexually mature, and that alone may be why flowering hasn't started, but they usually mature quickly once the dark hours have tipped the scale towards flowering times.

Personally I would opt for full real sun if that is available to you, 'more' light would only serve to make sure they don't begin flowering yet. I was thinking more along the lines of giving them supplemental light along with the light they were getting, so light on at the same time daylight happens. Full sun out away from the shade would be better for the plant. Depending on how much full sun they've been receiving tho, you may need to acclimate them an hour or two at a time for a week, just to make sure they don't fry.
I checked the time schedule today because its Sunny with No Clouds. They get direct sun from 8-15 o'clock (7 hours) and then another 3 hours of indirect sun

Hey Dark,

Your setup looks great but there’s a reason the plants are tall with a lot of spacing between nodes, they’re not getting enough light. Both the roof and the side wall are limiting access to full sun

What does a plant eat to grow? It’s primary food source is photons, that’s right it’s light… right now your crew is on a light diet caused by the roof and side wall. It’s getting indirect light and we need to switch that over to direct light. Either full sun out in middle of garden or full artificial light via your grow lights.

Best of luck my friend, keep us posted!!

peace out

OK imma try it Out👌 one quick question what do you mean by supplemental light along with daylight? Like when they get sun Put the plant lamp on too or how?
Yes that is what I meant, but full sun is a much cheaper and easier option as long as it won't cause trouble for you. (nosey neighbors, etc) Also, there are no grow lights that can even come close to the power the sun has, and it doesn't cost extra electricity :D

I checked the time schedule today because its Sunny with No Clouds.
Even on cloudy days any plant out in the middle of the garden is getting more light than your plants are getting right now if they are still in that alcove. Even if it is cloudy with light rain they would be getting more light. Only time they would not be getting a good amount of light would be when it is a strong storm with heavy dark cloud cover.

Except for the first hour in the morning and the last hour in the evening you are still getting 13 and a half hours of decent quality light just about every day anywhere in Germany from Hamburg in the north to Munich in the south. You might not get buds forming for another 3 weeks which is plenty of time to help build nice strong and healthy plants if you can get them out into a sunny part of the garden.

Even on cloudy days any plant out in the middle of the garden is getting more light than your plants are getting right now if they are still in that alcove. Even if it is cloudy with light rain they would be getting more light. Only time they would not be getting a good amount of light would be when it is a strong storm with heavy dark cloud cover.

Except for the first hour in the morning and the last hour in the evening you are still getting 13 and a half hours of decent quality light just about every day anywhere in Germany from Hamburg in the north to Munich in the south. You might not get buds forming for another 3 weeks which is plenty of time to help build nice strong and healthy plants if you can get them out into a sunny part of the garden.
Aight thx imma Put them outside in the middle of my Garden from now on! Hopefully that does the Magic (they are big enough (2 are 80-90cm (100-120cm max) and 1 is 55cm) so they should give some buds after few weeks

Yes that is what I meant, but full sun is a much cheaper and easier option as long as it won't cause trouble for you. (nosey neighbors, etc) Also, there are no grow lights that can even come close to the power the sun has, and it doesn't cost extra electricity :D
Yeah youre def right with that! F my neighbours If they have a Problem IT got legalized 3 months ago😃

Hey Dark,

Your setup looks great but there’s a reason the plants are tall with a lot of spacing between nodes, they’re not getting enough light. Both the roof and the side wall are limiting access to full sun

What does a plant eat to grow? It’s primary food source is photons, that’s right it’s light… right now your crew is on a light diet caused by the roof and side wall. It’s getting indirect light and we need to switch that over to direct light. Either full sun out in middle of garden or full artificial light via your grow lights.

Best of luck my friend, keep us posted!!

peace out
I can send a Pic tomorrow of how the light is in the morning/noon (evening is the same as morning only mirrored)

Hey i Just discovered Something today idk If my plants are Male now or If they starting to get buds? Could you Help me out (all 3 Pictures are the same plant)

1722705551059.jpg

1722705551065.jpg

1722705551070.jpg

Is the plant in these last three pictures the same one I said looked male earlier? I assume you have been giving them more light, this one in particular looks like it is making a flurry of new leaves, excited to see the sun I'd guess. If it is the same plant, I wouldn't count it out (as male) yet, as it was not yet mature enough to see clearly.

Back
Top Bottom