Bowl trimmers

After my nightmarish 10+hrs with 2 family members trimming wet my Fruity Pebbles plant last year. I decided to save the mental/wrist hassle and bought a TrimPro Motor Workstation. Almost went with their hand spinner but again this is less work/hassle for me. The trimmer does a pretty great job trim wise, but yeah you do lose some of the outer layers of frostiness/bag appeal. Still for the volume and relatively hassle free use I have had so far. It was worth every penny I spent on it so far

Try dry trimming. Its way easier. I chop the plant hang it upside down trim off all the fans and let it dry 4-5 days like that then start trimming.

Some strains are nugs and its a 45 minute trim job, some fatty colas and we are at the table for a while.

Choose your gear wisely if trimming is an issue.

here are some pics/results from my first Trimpro Motor run on my Alaskan Purple. Looks like I should clean up my blade as I’m not as clean looking after 7 plants before it. Sadly they say this is a wet trim only machine. All my harvests have been wet trim because of my paper bag drying method. Now I need them wet trimmed to bud size because of the freeze dryer. Not much space but don’t want anything touching the elements

A
4D7FBB30-B485-4BE1-9065-EC11B94202F2.jpeg
4BF058E7-906F-43F2-A3CE-90A467250825.jpeg
48D96793-D7FE-41DE-84A5-7D38B8D2034D.jpeg

I just used a bowl trimmer for my first time. It was on dry cured bud. My first attempt i went to ling n fucked up my bud. Second run was pretty good. I did 10 cranks one way, 10 cranks the other. Did 80% of the work. I have a trim bag showing up Monday or Tuesday I am going to try. Been hearing lots of good things.
What is a trim bag?

The Trimbag is like a big fabric barrel thing you place your buds in and bounce/roll around. It's supposed to work. I always assumed that the user would end up with a higher percentage of trichomes than usual in the trim. But, again, that was just an assumption. There are videos showing the product on YouTube (or were, back when I first read about the product).

Ima just give some friends some weed to trim.

That's fine as long as you don't mind them knowing that you are a cannabis grower.

The going rate for paid trimmers in my neck of the woods used to be $125 per 8 hour day (and/or pound, dry weight, of bud). Plus performance bonuses. This was some years ago, though, so it would probably be $150 to $200 per day now. If it was a great year and you harvested 20 pounds (dry) or more, you might offer someone a pound to take care of the job and you just return to pick up the manicured product. But you really had to trust that the person (a) wouldn't do a runner and (b) had his sh!t together. I've had people offer to help me trim (substantially less quantities) for nothing more than keeping them high all day and letting them have the trim. But I used to do (butane) extractions, so that wasn't necessarily a great deal, lol.

I'm just guessing, here, but I'm guessing that the "real world income" of the average trimmer has actually decreased in the last decade or two. It sure has for every other profession :rolleyes: .

I gotta wear them or I become like Clark Griswald from Christmas Vacation. Can’t get the sticky of the fingers, no matter what soap I use on my hands.

I use alky-hawl in a shot glass, dip my trimmers in there and dip my fingers in there every so often then towl off. Gets the sticky gone. Oh and wash my hands frequently specially if I touch something other than weed.

I think I will give them each a zip. And some bubble hash. That’s good for a few hours Of trimming right?

I do a hundy for a day trim and all the weed for that day and a go bag but not a zip like maybe an 8th of each strain we trimmed.

Gone are the days of hookers and blow.... lol

The Trimbag is like a big fabric barrel thing you place your buds in and bounce/roll around. It's supposed to work. I always assumed that the user would end up with a higher percentage of trichomes than usual in the trim. But, again, that was just an assumption. There are videos showing the product on YouTube (or were, back when I first read about the product).

That's fine as long as you don't mind them knowing that you are a cannabis grower.

The going rate for paid trimmers in my neck of the woods used to be $125 per 8 hour day (and/or pound, dry weight, of bud). Plus performance bonuses. This was some years ago, though, so it would probably be $150 to $200 per day now. If it was a great year and you harvested 20 pounds (dry) or more, you might offer someone a pound to take care of the job and you just return to pick up the manicured product. But you really had to trust that the person (a) wouldn't do a runner and (b) had his sh!t together. I've had people offer to help me trim (substantially less quantities) for nothing more than keeping them high all day and letting them have the trim. But I used to do (butane) extractions, so that wasn't necessarily a great deal, lol.

I'm just guessing, here, but I'm guessing that the "real world income" of the average trimmer has actually decreased in the last decade or two. It sure has for every other profession :rolleyes: .
Ok so how do you have the bag full of nugs and turn the knob? It’s has to be an electric one don’t it? I was looking last night and those things are crazy expensive!

Back
Top Bottom