Big Buddha Cheese: Part Deux

Did the test on the drip system after it was installed in the pots.
Had one drip line that had a small split in it at the dripper and almost sprayed the 315W lamp, shut that down quick. Also had one dripper was not dripping, the line was shut off at the manifold. And had a hole in the feed line at the pump, was just dripping nothing major. Overall pleased with the startup of the system. Did not want to over do it as the pots were still damp but checking them with a moisture meter it read just moist not wet, so all is good.
Looks as if the pressure compensating dripper's were putting out the same at each dripper, so that is good also.
I think it is going to take some time to figure out how much solution I will be needing per cycle, but right now just operating it by hand. Will be feeding mostly by hand for the first week or so with Great White and SubCulture II to get a good root system established.

New
This evening I will hand water the lot, with < 0,9 EC solution and again add Great White and SubCulture II. This will be the third watering since they were put in the 1 gallon coco pots and just beginning to see roots growing through the Smart Pots. I really like both SC II and GW as the results are quickly visible. It is hard not to do a daily watering but I know that is not what is best for the plants at this stage of growth, get the root system in order and that will help you care for a massive amount of growth during the veg stage.
Have seen this on about half of the pots so things seem to be going well. Not to shabby for only just over 72 hours since they went into the Smart pots.
20190124_081251 (2).jpg

Should see a lot of this action following today's feeding.
icon_smile.gif
Now these little beggars should begin their full veg cycle.
I love my hobby!
GR​

Question!
Is anyone using ClearRez from EZ Clone in the regular rez, I used it in the cloner but think it would be beneficial in my standard reservoir?
Any thoughts?

Just a quick question, do you think she is ready to rock? Four days out of the cloner and sexy as hell! I love it. Of course I was never one to turn down a sexual adventure! :)
20190124_212118 (2).jpg

Let me know if this works please, it is something I am giving a shot. Coming off the 2 gph dripper, attached 1/4" hose to a 3 mm X 1/4" X 3 mm tee. Seems to work fine, giving me a wider application than the single point of entry.

20190126_103506.jpg20190126_103510 (2).jpg

Getting growth now, rooting must be getting it on.
Thursday 1/24 9 PM
20190124_212118 (2).jpg

Saturday 1/26 9 AM
20190126_084320 (2).jpg

This shoot has grown over an inch in 36 hours. Love it.

GR

Been 7 days since transplanting from Cloner to one gallon pots. Two watering's Sunday and Tuesday with <0.8 EC, Great White and SubCulture II, one watering with <1,0 EC on Thursday, then started twice a day watering on Saturday and Sunday with <1.0 EC. This evening with be a hand watering with <1.0 EC, GW and SCII.

1/20 20190120_125702 (2).jpg 1/23 20190123_160839 (2).jpg

1/24 20190124_212107 (2).jpg 1/25 20190125_104757 (2).jpg

1/26 20190126_210454 (2).jpg 1/27 20190127_071524 (2).jpg

Another week and hopefully should be at around 12 inches plus, so should begin flower then, but if not will wait until we are at least 12 inches.

1/2120190121_132040 (2).jpg 1/2720190127_071512 (2).jpg

Now comes multiple question, when do I begin trimming undergrowth, before start of flower, at start of flower, wait till day 21 of flower? Think I figured out from watching videos how to lollipop but just unsure of how high up to go.
Started using the auto drip system on Friday night, running manual till I get a feel of how much solution is needed to get adequate runoff. Will set timer after tonight's watering, two cycles @ 3 min. each and adjust as needed to get the needed runoff.

Found a home for the 10 clones I did not transplant, but will need to keep them in the Solo's for at least another week till they can pick them up.

GR

:cool: looking good.

When I lollipop I take the two lowest nodes off. I usually do that twice maybe three times depending on how they grow.

TB, so at this point, and then as they grow remove the two nodes from each additional shoot. That sounds reasonable, and adjustable to fit the needs.
20190126_084320 (2)_LI.jpg

Question,
Should I use this entire space and spread the pots some or keep them tight together? They would be a bit more bushy if I spread.​
20190127_071524 (2).jpg
I would only spread them side to side as the depth from the front to the back is 3 feet and don't want the plant out of the footprint of the lamps. Could possibly shorten the depth a bit getting better light to all plants.​
Any thoughts?​
GR​

Went ahead and spread the plants, I like it. Taking a space 48" x 32".
20190128_091120 (2).jpg

As suggested I removed that lower two nodes.
Plants are about 7 to 8 inches.
20190128_091110 (2).jpg

Love seeing the roots growing from the pots.
20190128_084433.jpg

Until there is a full root ball I don't think I am getting total saturation of the pots but the roots are getting there.
Everything back in the tent. The Solo's should be picked up this week, they need to go into their final pot, the 1 gallon smart pots.
20190128_092623 (2).jpg

Am very pleased, 33 of the 34 clones transplanted and the 33 are doing very well. The only one that I don't think will make it is the one on the far right in the solo. It is the one that I broke the stem a few days before I took the clones from the cloner. It still may make it.

Hope to go into flower within the next 10 days.

GR

Wow 10 days bud kinda quick huh? I veg mine for like 6-8 wks then switch maybe Im not doing this right ?

With that many plants I will be growing in a SOG.
When I grow Vertical I veg long, but if I vegged these that long they would totally out grow the tent.

I normally lollipop the bottom 1/3 of the plant. If you’re going for an SOG with single colas I would assess each plant as far as trimming the main colas.

I normally lollipop the bottom 1/3 of the plant. If you’re going for an SOG with single colas I would assess each plant as far as trimming the main colas.

Pin, I do not see this as a true SOG as there is formidable space between the plants so a single cola I don't think will work. Will investigate it though.
I see the room for a main and a few side colas. Similar to this pic. This is my apprentice's grow. He has 9 plants but not as close together as mine but almost.
123_1.jpg

I would probably need to do some Super Cropping of the mains depending on stretch and a lot of popcorn removal, or just let them go and see. I think the main stretch of the dominant cola would just dwarf the rest of the plant.

He should be harvesting this week, I am going by there today to check trichs, I think he is ready but he wants me to give them a look.

Back
Top Bottom