BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madness!

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

I don't really see the point in saying you can test an LED light without owning a $20 KillaWatt meter so you can give people real useful information about it the actuall wat draw s one of the most useful data bits and impossible to get from the manufacter, anyway this is a good ideal the testing just very poorly performed, sorry.

In what way is this test being poorly performed? He is a grower not a electrician why would he have such a meter. The manufacture does give such information. Guess what...No one really cares about the "actual pull" we care about YIELD number.

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

yes, I agree with curso, I think people care more about grow result, price, quality and afterservice. and the light power. it is not so important if the lights work well. but we have responsibility to tell people what they want to know .

Yep, I could almost care less what the actual draw is. Things I need from my grow lights:

1. They work
2. They don't break (of course weak mounting hooks or user brain-farts are NOT the mfg's fault)
3. They are comparatively quiet and cool (as compared to more traditional lighting solutions)

That's about it. If the site said they draw 240w, and I check it and it's actually 255w, what then?...nothing. Just grow.

Yep, I could almost care less what the actual draw is. Things I need from my grow lights:

1. They work
2. They don't break (of course weak mounting hooks or user brain-farts are NOT the mfg's fault)
3. They are comparatively quiet and cool (as compared to more traditional lighting solutions)

That's about it. If the site said they draw 240w, and I check it and it's actually 255w, what then?...nothing. Just grow.

:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

happy Munchday Bid

Im thinking BID just lost out on a way to get $20 bucks from this guy... :rofl:
"please ship me $20 to buy one and ill include data" followed by "Its on backorder" :):):)

Im thinking BID just lost out on a way to get $20 bucks from this guy... :rofl:
"please ship me $20 to buy one and ill include data" followed by "Its on backorder" :):):)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess the guy figures people wanna test wattage and lumens coming out for themselves
if the lights cheap enough and you get good results what else do you need to know
if you wanna verify the wattage use just check you electric meter one month without its use check it one month using it then do the calculations you need per kilowatt hr you have in you area land kingdom or whatever it may be you should know how much more just but simple subtraction then you know what it burned for the month then from there you can figure out whatever you need to if you really wanna
I just say hey my bill isn't much worse and I look at my plants and say hey it works really well I have great plants
what else is there?

did I rant ?
sorry
lol

BID I hope you don't mind me chiming in here :)

I don't really see the point in saying you can test an LED light without owning a $20 KillaWatt meter so you can give people real useful information about it the actuall wat draw s one of the most useful data bits and impossible to get from the manufacter, anyway this is a good ideal the testing just very poorly performed, sorry.

AZ when you say "I don't really see the point...You people...poorly performed." etc. How do you expect this to be taken? To me it came across as abrasive and undiplomatic. Perhaps you did not mean it this way, but this is the way I read it. Perhaps next time you might want to simply ask a question without being critical. Something like "Hello, I am interested in LED, what are your thoughts on XYZ...?" I am also new to this site and to be honest am surprised at the way people bend over backwards here to answer questions, support one another, and to welcome new people. BID puts his heart into growing, he happens to be a very accomplished grower on here, but the reason he has so many followers and friends is because of his passion. I am afraid you are missing the real point here, as well as the culture of this site. I do feel that some of the responses you got were also harsh, but you have to understand that what you said was taken as mean spirited, even if you did not mean it that way. Imagine that I came into your home and said "Oh nice 40" TV, but you have no SOFA? What's the point in having this TV?" What would you think? Would you be offended that somebody came into your space and criticized you?

I hope that you understand my intentions here. I would like nothing more than for you to be a welcomed member of the culture and community here.

Kindly,
Rain

Sorry BID... anyone who bothered to read back a bit, or read the originating post by Sara would know both the fixed income thing and the limits of the test. Except for spammers, this is actually the first time I've seen anything even approaching a flame, hmmm, not war, but skirmish, on 420Mag in my time lurking and as a member, so I think this is a great place. And merde, look at the pictures, they speak for themselves, the lights are working great so far and BID can f$*&%ing grow some good cannabis ;) :Namaste:

everyone types long long long English, actually sometimes is hard for me to understand the real meaning, so maybe I will keep silent, which is better than making misunderstand.:peace:

Sorry BID... anyone who bothered to read back a bit, or read the originating post by Sara would know both the fixed income thing and the limits of the test. Except for spammers, this is actually the first time I've seen anything even approaching a flame, hmmm, not war, but skirmish, on 420Mag in my time lurking and as a member, so I think this is a great place. And merde, look at the pictures, they speak for themselves, the lights are working great so far and BID can f$*&%ing grow some good cannabis ;) :Namaste:
just harvested some 18 bx sourdiesel#2 & 17bx exodus cheese #1 omg i got some pics for you soon, im high just from touching and smelling

Gonna crash but tomorrow I'll post up in the 5.1 journal and close it, chemdawg will be reported on in this journal, the smells are crazy cheese is unlike anything I've ever smelled, sweet fruit,with a soft cheese undertone like Swiss or ricotta, the sour d is alot like chemdawg strong fuel,pinesol stings the nostril deliciously sharp, more later, I think if it had been cooler my yeilds would have been alot more but I will pull at least 2.5 each, ok IM toast 5 hrs of trimming kills my back g-nite homies

Back
Top Bottom