BeaverIslander's First Combo Grow - Grand Daddy Purple - PainKiller XL - Blue Blood

Yesterday I received the MarsHydro 192X5 for Flowering and immediately put the Grand Daddy Purple and PainKiller XL under it and flipped to 12/12 . They were 11 weeks in veg.
The Blue Blood (7.5 weeks) is as big as the GDP but I am taking SuperGroomers advice and letting her veg for awhile longer. There is also a Durga Mata ll that just sprouted a few days ago and several clones in the veg part to keep her company.
It feels like 1 have spent 2 days taking apart everything that took 3 months to assemble and reorganizing to make the flowering section available. It was a real P.I.T.A but I am sure it'll be worth it around the Holidays.

Update with 3 photos of each plant. the 3rd pic of each shows the bottom structure and I would like to know if you think they are OK or if they should be trimmed more. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.
The PainKiller-XL is at 12 weeks and I flipped it to 12/12 5 days ago.
PKXL11.jpg

PKXL21.jpg

PKXL31.jpg

The Grand Daddy Purple is 12 weeks also, and flipper to 12/12 5 days ago.
GDP135.jpg

GDP220.jpg
GDP316.jpg

The Blue Blood is at 8 weeks and I am keeping it in veg a little longer.
BB153.jpg
BB233.jpg
BB325.jpg

It is times like this when I realize how much there is that I don't know. All the ladies look good to me:thumb:

I know there are different theories on pruning and trimming. I usually err on the side of not heavily trimming. I usually trim older and darker fan leaves and rarely new growth. I might have trimmed the last grow more to help with ventilation.

;)

It is times like this when I realize how much there is that I don't know. All the ladies look good to me:thumb:

I know there are different theories on pruning and trimming. I usually err on the side of not heavily trimming. I usually trim older and darker fan leaves and rarely new growth. I might have trimmed the last grow more to help with ventilation.

;)

Tomorrow I am going to take the two lower branches off of the Blue Blood so I started soaking a couple of Rock-wool cubes in preperation for a couple of clones.

And speaking of clones, I thought I'd experiment with a GDP that has tucked away. I'll see if I can do it like the big guys :)
GDP_Flux.jpg

Today I moved the Blue Blood into the flowering area along with the GDP and PK-XL. It has vegged for 9 weeks, been topped, and is 22" tall.

Re: BeaverIslander's First Combo Grow - Grand Daddy Purple - PainKiller XL - Blue Blo

Just caught up on the goings on here and it's all looking great! :thumb:

As an aside to dealing with males and collecting some pollen. You can cut a branch off of a male and stick it in a glass of water. Put that in a box in a closet somewhere away from the grow room with a small 2700K CFL light over it and some tinfoil under the drooping branch to catch the pollen. Clean the pollen from any flower bits and save it in a jar, vial or even some more foil. Use a Q-Tip or small paint brush to dust a few buds at he bottom of some girls and leave that branch on the girl until you see seeds busting out of the calyxes about 6 weeks after dusting. I've done 4 strains off one mother like that and it's dead easy. Put a garbage bag over the plant and just leave one branch out for each pollination.

Chucking pollen is easy and fun and gets you lots of free seeds. Just a few popcorn buds can give you a few dozen seeds and not bother the plant as a whole. Why every grower doesn't do it is beyond me.

:peace:

Re: BeaverIslander's First Combo Grow - Grand Daddy Purple - PainKiller XL - Blue Blo

Thank you for checking out my grow OldMedUser, I appreciate your taking the time to read it.
I had no idea that you could just keep a single male branch in water for the pollen but in the future I will give it a shot.. you explain it very well and it does sound easy enough. I am slowly learning about this plant and gaining more confidence all the time. I do have a few free seeds left for next summer so I'm sure I'll have another male sooner or later. (Last grow it was 3 for 3 males :)

PainKiller-XL is about 3 weeks into flower. I think it's gonna be an interesting one.
IMAG2714-1.jpg

thought this was just over watering but it's getting worse (3rd day.) Does it look like a Nitrogen toxicity? I just flushed it, fingers crossed.
PKXL12.jpg

PKXL22.jpg

I asked this question on the frequently asked questions section but did not get any replies.

I try to put the pH @ 6. I use the pH up and down visually so can't guarantee it but that's what I aim for. Soil is FFOF/Perlite/PromixBX equal parts. Fox farm trio of neuts which I gave her for the first time.

Personally I don't think its n tox....the leaves would be way darker shade of green

I always water/feed just until I get run off. Do you think over watering could cause it and not clear up after 3+ days? If so, it's not gonna like the flush it just got.

It is possible...I'd say likely...the leaves look healthy...just droopy....and a touch of eagle clawing...which is associated with n tox but also overwatering. I guess the only thing to do is let it dry and see how it responds in the next 4 or 5 days. I'm guessing she'll snap out of it....evolution prepared her for this kind of stuff :high-five:

heard good things about painkiller xl, I will follow your progress

heard good things about painkiller xl, I will follow your progress

I'm glad to hear that. Information on some of these newer CBD strains is hard to come by. I probably have another month in flower.

Also, to explain the problem I had a couple days ago, the runoff pH got away from me. It was barely on the scale, down around 4. Hopefully that has been fixed. This painkiller was the same but tolerated it. Being up where it should I hope will help the flowering process. Here is the thread following that whole nightmare :GDP Leaf Problem - 2 Pics

I strayed away from this original tread for awhile because I had a severe problem with the Grand Daddy Purple and needed imediate help so I posted on the FAQ forum, and stayed there as that was where the support was coming from. Now she has been saved and is nearing the finish. While it will never produce what it was capable of at one time I am optomistic that she "WILL PRODUCE."
Here is the link to the problems, solutuions and the mountain of help I recieved when I needed it.
GDP Leaf Problem - 2 Pics
Grand Daddy Purple
4GPD.jpg

2GDP.jpg

PainKiller XL
PKXL24.jpg

PKXL14.jpg

Blue Blood is 15 weeks from popping.
BB156.jpg
BB236.jpg
BB327.jpg
BB418.jpg

The PainKiller XL is 18 weeks from popping.
PKXL15.jpg
PKXLb.jpg

Blue Blood is 15 weeks from popping.
BB156.jpg
BB236.jpg
BB327.jpg
BB418.jpg

The PainKiller XL is 18 weeks from popping.
PKXL15.jpg
PKXLb.jpg

That is looking GREAT!!!! My latest BB is only 3 weeks old. Had to break everything down and start over. I am glad things are going well for you with your grow!!! Keep up the good work. :thumb: :peace:

That is looking GREAT!!!! My latest BB is only 3 weeks old. Had to break everything down and start over. I am glad things are going well for you with your grow!!! Keep up the good work. :thumb: :peace:

Thanks supergroomer. I think I'm gonna be able to pull this off :)
I'ver had a few ups and downs but I'm heading to the finish line.
I had to get everyone out to feed and groom them this morning....so took a group shot as well.
Back row left to right Grand Daddy Purple, middle is the Blue Blood, right is PainKiller-XL. The front row is a Durga Mata ll CBD and the GDP clone that I almost lost but she has snapped out of it and doing very well.
Group166.jpg

I was following your grow when you had to break camp....I felt bad about that, can't imagine what was going through your mind. I hope it works out for you in the new location!

Back
Top Bottom