Be Aware of the European-Corn Borer

Hawk Moth caught!

2nd Hawk Moth caught, first kill for 2014. borrowed the net from a friend at 6:30 moth caught @ 7:05 pm :rip:

h_moth.jpg

Hawk moths are literally SWARMING right now 7:20, never seen 4, within 40 feet of each other. There is no way you did not see these if you were in your yard after sunset today. I don't know why these things intrigue me, thank goodness they don't land near my girls, keep on eye out on your veggie garden, they will be crawling out of the dirt in April. Imagine an inchworm/caterpillar bigger than your pinky. This is a very big year for these things, lots of chatter on line here in socal.:peace:

Give it a shot, see if you catch anything and let me know :surf: They weren't terribly expensive and worth it if you can catch something, I guess it's a good sign you don't catch anything because that means those things aren't in your area (those specific moths), however if you are catching things you know they're out and about. I think the pheromones only lure the mating males anything, so it tries to stop them from breeding... or it attracts the female, I can't remember. Either way there's still gonna be moths out there with that thing up regardless because it is only species specific pheromones being used.

Back
Top Bottom