Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

All my journals I guess. I always start everything under led. I only grow with leds
Hey Deville, will you go have a gander at my grow when you have some time? Seedlings are not liking the LEDs that I have, or perhaps how I have them. I need some help dialing them in.

In regards to drying, could you put your harvest into a vacuum (say using those vacuum bags you get at a hardware store) to quickly remove the moisture from them? The lower the vacuum the lower the boiling point of water thus "boiling" the moisture out of the buds.

Would that work or would that negatively affect the taste/flavor/ terps, etc??

Usually top at 3rd but considering topping at 2nd node first time with autos..
I'd top at the 4th node, then top the tops and leavem. That's what I did on my present grow. 14 healthy tops at this point on my small one.

My pocket microscope is lost in the mail. Any other way to tell how far away from harvest.I'm st the end of week 7. Is the difference huge if you cut early. I'm waiting the full 8 weeks but there's no telling if ill have my looking glass anytime soon.

Hay guys quick question i have a plant in 12/12 for almost 11 weeks she is in dwc with 600w cob led, ph 5.5-6, temp range between 21 and 23 c,
my issue or what I think might be an issue is the buds are tiny like popcorn buds even the main colars!!!
the trichs are still glassy with maby 5% cloudy what could cause the long flower period and or is this normal. Just want to learn so my next grow goes better
Oh it's a bag seed was from white rhino apparently

20171116_212541.jpg
20171010_203308.jpg

What light cycle are you using to flower your auto, 18/6?
Growch I changed my lights to 18/6 as / your hint lol. I've also somewhat eliminated nitrogen toxicity from the list as I have not given her any nitrogen in the past two weeks, other than the fact that she is being grown in ffof soil. All she's hot is bat guano and molasses for the past 2 weeks. Somebody else suggested wind burn so I have closed the door on that side of the cabinet allowing the fan to only hit the opposite side, see if that helps? I had that door open in order to try and bring temperatures down. Presently I sit at 81F at the canopy and 76 F at my soil level. Also I had a friend suggest over-watering, I guess it could be a bit of a problem seeing as I thought that they were under-watered as of yesterday and gave them a supplemental splash.

In regards to drying, could you put your harvest into a vacuum (say using those vacuum bags you get at a hardware store) to quickly remove the moisture from them? The lower the vacuum the lower the boiling point of water thus "boiling" the moisture out of the buds.

Would that work or would that negatively affect the taste/flavor/ terps, etc??
I've never heard of using a vacuum bag but I have heard of sweating bud. My interpretation of it is that you clip your buds off your plant and trim them, hang them up to dry for 3 or 4 days with lots of air circulation and out of direct light. After 3 or 4 days they will appear dry, put them into a bag roll it up and leave it for 24 to 36 hours, when you open the bag back up it will appear as though you are right at square one again ( bud will be quite wet again) Hang up your buds for another 2 to 3 days , again out of direct light but with lots of air circulation and you should be good to go as far as your drying is concerned. Your cure will take an additional 2 to 3 weeks after that in jars. Remember to burp your jars every 24 hours so that excess moisture does not build up inside. I recommend using small Boveda packs in each of your mason jars.

My pocket microscope is lost in the mail. Any other way to tell how far away from harvest.I'm st the end of week 7. Is the difference huge if you cut early. I'm waiting the full 8 weeks but there's no telling if ill have my looking glass anytime soon.
Try holding your hands really still and zooming in with your phone. It might be the best you can do given the circumstances. Take a picture of the trichomes as close as you can get them, then use your phone to zoom in.

11 weeks from seed? If that's the case, I would say that your buds are still immature. Take a picture of your trichomes (flash only) and let's have a look?

End of week four since flip, how does she look? She is a blue mystic from royal queen seeds, the last one turned out to be a polyploid, this one is looking much better, especially trichome developement at this stage. The full plant pic is a week 3 shot. I guess my real question is does the trichome developement look up to par for its age? By par I mean average, I'm not a pro like most of you just a hobbyist.
1badf8336c97b6747e7c94d57c250af0.jpg
364973dd0e07bef7fad2ab712091e95e.jpg
ddc389d628817d216c2ec2c69efb7a88.jpg

Back
Top Bottom