Are these female preflowers?

5B365585-14B8-425B-85BA-37C9BFC0C1B6.jpeg
Female.

:passitleft:

I was going back, and looking at my plants just now and I realized those single calyx's (showing in sheds diagram) showed up lower down on my plants a few weeks ago. There was only one on the main stem on either side of the leaf at the node so four altogether. The appearance of these might indicate that it's ready to flip if you are done with your vegetation period. Now I dont mean to say that, it's a female just yet. It's like a clue that could lead to knowing within a week to ten days of 12/12 on/off.
But here's the thing, the males as a rule will always show first and it doesn't take 12/12 to force it. Do you remember exactly how old that plant was when it started showing any sex signs and then when you culled it. That will give you a good estimate of exactly when it would happen on your next crop. I hope this is the right thread lol

I was going back, and looking at my plants just now and I realized those single calyx's (showing in sheds diagram) showed up lower down on my plants a few weeks ago. There was only one on the main stem on either side of the leaf at the node so four altogether. The appearance of these might indicate that it's ready to flip if you are done with your vegetation period. Now I dont mean to say that, it's a female just yet. It's like a clue that could lead to knowing within a week to ten days of 12/12 on/off.
But here's the thing, the males as a rule will always show first and it doesn't take 12/12 to force it. Do you remember exactly how old that plant was when it started showing any sex signs and then when you culled it. That will give you a good estimate of exactly when it would happen on your next crop. I hope this is the right thread lol
All the plants on this thread are sexed and only mid veg stage but good info either way lol

All the plants on this thread are sexed and only mid veg stage but good info either way lol
So I got some seeds from a bag I got from a friend just to see if they would grow. Well they did. And I wanted to know if anyone could tell the sex yet and why do they grow one leaf then 3 and then the 5 what happens if they miss a level and keep growing 3 leaves up past the first set of three leaves? Super new to this just ordered a 2x2 complete kit so don’t laugh at what I got I didn’t think they would grow. I use a very good living soil mixture with coco and all the other spongy goodness mixed with lots of worm castings only use filtered or rain water that’s gathered in my watering cans. Do small humidifier and small heater to keep them warm during winter. Yes this is dirt weed but now they are my plant project. Let me know if you guys want some photos

Hey Busyflower,

Welcome to 420! It’s an old thread but that’s cool too. Sadly Bracer hasn’t logged on in almost a year now.

Since you are starting from seed no need to worry about structure much for now. But the 2 round leaves are cotyledons, part solar panel part fuel tank to help her launch, after that yes it’s sing,es then 3 bladed fans then later still 5 blades or fingers on the fans but again that’s based on genetics and maturity

She will do as she pleases or show it’s a male so buckle up and hang on!

Hey Busyflower,

Welcome to 420! It’s an old thread but that’s cool too. Sadly Bracer hasn’t logged on in almost a year now.

Since you are starting from seed no need to worry about structure much for now. But the 2 round leaves are cotyledons, part solar panel part fuel tank to help her launch, after that yes it’s sing,es then 3 bladed fans then later still 5 blades or fingers on the fans but again that’s based on genetics and maturity

She will do as she pleases or show it’s a male so buckle up and hang on!

I’m going to try and up load I have no clue have only gone off of on line. I have a 24in t8 large tree led grow light plus each planter has its own led large tree grow bulbs with the correct range of the type of photosynthesis it needs to grow. I order my tent and kit a few days ago waiting on it .

Cool, cool coo, looks great!!! Yeah way too early to tell but it’s all good. Growing takes lots of patience nothing good happens fast

for future reference just 1 plant per container…. they like their elbow room.

Hey is that soil or coco? Are you feeding anything? Do you have cal-mag?

also watch your temp & rh and for that you will need hygrometer. the more you dial in enviro the better off your crew will be…. see VPD chart below use color key to match plant stage of growth

To know anything about that light look for true wattage draw from wall

1645499772676.jpeg

Cool, cool coo, looks great!!! Yeah way too early to tell but it’s all good. Growing takes lots of patience nothing good happens fast

for future reference just 1 plant per container…. they like their elbow room.

Hey is that soil or coco? Are you feeding anything? Do you have cal-mag?

also watch your temp & rh and for that you will need hygrometer. To know anything about that light look for true wattage draw from wall
I have living soil in the pots with coco and some other very sponge soil no only feeding bottle water or rain water I have a hygrometer

Ok crap my bad you said coco & soil mix but yes prolly need additional nutes before long…

I would suggest splitting them up or culling a few so it’s only 1 per container.… you will either have several tiny plants or one larger plant, they are competing for nutrients and roots will get intertwine.

good job on having hygrometer but don’t put all your eggs in 1 basket!! :cool:

I can’t wait for my tent to come In the light wattage I believe was 1000. With dimmer. This started as just to see we’ll I see. And now I got. I’m already feeling sad I’m only going to keep 2 of them but just not ideal to keep any more

Hey I gotta sign off in a few but more folks will jump in soon.

Do you have access to some nutrients? Pretty soon that soil will dwindle, you may need to upcan to larger container perhaps. It’s all good since by losing a few the remaining ones will grow larger.

If you are US or North America based then Geoflora Organic dry mix is an easy to use all in one nutrient. They have 2 products 1 for veg and 1 for flower since the NPK ratios are different, and they are a sponsor here.

it’s just a tray with 5 hygrometers all giving different readings of the same grow room.… there are great variances with their measurements is point I was going for

Back
Top Bottom