420 Magazine's Photo of the Month: July 2024

The leftovers from my Spring 2024 harvest.

END OF GROW
While there are so many good shots, I absolutely LOVE this. If I was Admin, this would be my vote. I love the colours, and the story it makes my mind create. The time it took to grow them, the training, the harvest. Then stillness. Because the grow is now complete. The end.

I also love how this competition brings out the artsy side of members. While they are all great shots I think Janluna’s beautiful seedling shot, Gee’s fireworks looking bud, Preston’s grinder, and Carcass’s bushfire shot are like art form good. The older I get the more I appreciate and see art…. Or maybe I’m just going bOnKeRs lol.

On the advice of a certain Australian ⬆️ I won’t name, I’m entering this 4th of July Pic I shot.
full

Good luck to everyone!

While there are so many good shots, I absolutely LOVE this. If I was Admin, this would be my vote. I love the colours, and the story it makes my mind create. The time it took to grow them, the training, the harvest. Then stillness. Because the grow is now complete. The end.

I also love how this competition brings out the artsy side of members. While they are all great shots I think Janluna’s beautiful seedling shot, Gee’s fireworks looking bud, Preston’s grinder, and Carcass’s bushfire shot are like art form good. The older I get the more I appreciate and see art…. Or maybe I’m just going bOnKeRs lol.
I agree it’s like modern wild Wild West :) I’m sure there is a fancy term for that like post modern something or another.

But there are sooo many great entries this month. Going to be a tough one!

Not sure if I can enter this month since I came in 3rd place last month if not please ignore

Outdoor autos patiently waiting for the chop 7 gal soil pots

On the advice of a certain Australian ⬆️ I won’t name, I’m entering this 4th of July Pic I shot.
full

Good luck to everyone!
tugging at my national pride here bro, great shot

High noon in central California (ChemDawg#4)
The Cave Fire, 2020...
High noon -Cave fire 2020.jpg

Hi @Carcass, that's a very cool picture, but it was brought to my attention that this may not be considered a "rather recent" photo like our contest guidelines state it needs to be. What does everyone think? Maybe we need to be more specific in the guidelines and state a time frame, such as "less than a year ago"?

Hi @Carcass, that's a very cool picture, but it was brought to my attention that this may not be considered a "rather recent" photo like our contest guidelines state it needs to be. What does everyone think? Maybe we need to be more specific in the guidelines and state a time frame, such as "less than a year ago"?
My thoughts are that if it's an original and it's that cool that any timeline is great, but thats just me being selfish to see more cool pics. It's a pretty cool shot.

But rules are rules so if we are going to change them I think we should let this submission be resubmitted for next month instead, IF you deem a rule change is acceptable.

For this month I think we should follow the rules for the sake of fairness.

But then my selfishness kicks back in lol and I think ," It's a great pic! It deserves to take a run at the win!"

I have no idea how my entry will do, but I would gladly lose to this pic, its a great pic.

I’ve have literally just trimmed this plant. This is how she looked when her stakes came out. She poured forward like a waterfall of green.

Women will understand why I call it:-

Critical Kush
Barney’s Farm
When The Spanx Come Off

IMG_20240715_093419_edit_40233599840735.jpeg

Well I think he only entered it because I bullied him lol. I loved the pic, and thought it was too beautiful not to share. Not to win, but to share, to appreciate.

I want to see people entering these contests not to win, but to support Rob, and his message. We all sit at his dinner table and enjoy the platform of goodies he provides. It’s rude not to show your thanks. We can thank him by contributing. Well that’s what I think anyway.

I’d like to see this portion of the contests be about the artzy side of growing. Like think outside the box. My opinion since you asked lol I think as long as it’s your pic, you took it, and it’s not been used before anywhere online - anything goes. I’d personally love to see some vintage pics from back in the day. For me I’m loving seeing the more artistic contributions. I think this month has been so fabulous! Thank you to everyone who shared.

Back
Top Bottom