1st Grow Attempt - NukeHead Seeds

11-21-17 update

So I decided to switch over to the coco/clay. Mainly because of the size difference in my dwc to coco/clay was to much. I couldn't figure out exactly what I was missing in my dwc, but being half the size of my 3 potted coco/clay, it wasn't a difficult decision.

I had to eliminate 1 of the gg#4 to fit 8 square pots, and it was a lot harder to do then I expected.

Plants 8 in coco/clay
2 - gg#4
4 - white widow
1 - nuke head
1 - gold leaf

6th week of veg (very small compared to what I've seen, so I still have a lot to learn)

Temp 72
Feed pH 5.8
Runoff pH 5.8
Humidity 40%
PPM - 1100

Nutrients for veg
Flora micro gro & bloom
Great white
Superthrive
Rapid start
Pro tek Silica
Cal mag
Diamond nector
Floralicious plus
And sm90 cocowet clearax as needed

Currently using xlhale bag CO2
But planing to purchase a co2 tank

Current light source is Hps150 watt which will be switched out to led or hps 600w to 1000w. Probably only need at most 600w.

GG#4 x 2

420-magazine-mobile59494948.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1425426708.jpg

Nukehead

420-magazine-mobile441410860.jpg

Gold leaf

420-magazine-mobile16569266.jpg

White widow x4

420-magazine-mobile1461715184.jpg

420-magazine-mobile632221078.jpg

Well Shan looks like you got off to rough start. For a newb I would recommend nutrients that are easier to work with in coco . That bein said the nutrients you have will work but it will take more effort on your part there are lots of good people here that will help and I too will do what I can to assist you . First off you will need some pots rather than baskets the larger the pot the less often you will need to feed and water .

A few questions you may have already covered but I'm to lazy to go back and check it out
1 size of your grow space ?
2 number of plants ?
3 Size and type of light ?
4 yield expected ?
For the record I'm an Air Force vet having served in Viet Nam 1969-1971
Peace Brother!

That HPS is what is/can causing them to stretch a bit... HPS is great for flower but not so great for veg... Metal Halide rocks for veg most people get a ballast that can run MH/HPS so they can switch them out. Either way they look great so far. Good job should end up great especially with all that power you'll have.

Well Shan looks like you got off to rough start. For a newb I would recommend nutrients that are easier to work with in coco . That bein said the nutrients you have will work but it will take more effort on your part there are lots of good people here that will help and I too will do what I can to assist you . First off you will need some pots rather than baskets the larger the pot the less often you will need to feed and water .

A few questions you may have already covered but I'm to lazy to go back and check it out
1 size of your grow space ?
2 number of plants ?
3 Size and type of light ?
4 yield expected ?
For the record I'm an Air Force vet having served in Viet Nam 1969-1971
Peace Brother!

Hey thanks for your service! Got a lot of respect for what you guys did so thanks!

My grow space is 4'x8' with 8' in height
Currently have 7 plants
Lights is now a 600w hps,
Yield Ill be happy with anything as this is my first grow, didn't expect this little suckers to make it this far

That HPS is what is/can causing them to stretch a bit... HPS is great for flower but not so great for veg... Metal Halide rocks for veg most people get a ballast that can run MH/HPS so they can switch them out. Either way they look great so far. Good job should end up great especially with all that power you'll have.

Thanks! Seeing how your name is LEDGuy can you recommend a led, the 600w how is making it to hot in my grow cab. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Hey thanks for your service! Got a lot of respect for what you guys did so thanks!

My grow space is 4’x8’ with 8’ in height
Currently have 7 plants
Lights is now a 600w hps,
Yield Ill be happy with anything as this is my first grow, didn’t expect this little suckers to make it this far

Thank you for your service as well I have alot of great buddies in the Marines

OK moving forward IMO I would recommend going with coco coir it is a form of hydro and very easy to grow in with great results. With 7 plants you could easily harvest 600 grams of flower if not more. Your grow room is plenty big enough and the light may need to be changed for a light better suited to veggin the plants as the hps is more commonly used for flower. If you are thinking about going LED I have just gone to a DIY COB light that is fantastic there are kits available.

Here's a shot of my grow room
IMG_287615.JPG

IMG_287715.JPG
IMG_287512.JPG

Thanks! Seeing how your name is LEDGuy can you recommend a led, the 600w how is making it to hot in my grow cab. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Quantum boards are great little lights that put off very little heat especially the QB120 models... I'd say an eight board build (480W) would outperform that 600W HPS... That is of course the DIY boards though because it helps keep costs down a ton... The QB120's do not require a heat sink just the board a driver and a power cord. A 480W build can be made for roughly 400$ give or take depending on the driver and overall build quality. That may seem pricey but these panels are capable of producing upwards of 2 grams per watt they are very efficient and getting that much LED light for under a dollar a watt is a great deal... Or you could always buy a couple boards as see how you like them you can build two boards for around 90-100$

DIY cob is also a very great route to go I just personally think it is more expensive especially with the heat sink needed but definitely amazing lights depending on the cobs used. But if you are interested in the QB's message me and I'll give you a couple links to some threads of the 8 board builds im talking about

Thank you for your service as well I have alot of great buddies in the Marines

OK moving forward IMO I would recommend going with coco coir it is a form of hydro and very easy to grow in with great results. With 7 plants you could easily harvest 600 grams of flower if not more. Your grow room is plenty big enough and the light may need to be changed for a light better suited to veggin the plants as the hps is more commonly used for flower. If you are thinking about going LED I have just gone to a DIY COB light that is fantastic there are kits available.

Here's a shot of my grow room
IMG_287615.JPG

IMG_287715.JPG
IMG_287512.JPG

Awesome setup! That's exactly the setup I want for my grow room. I might just copy you and paint the heat sink white and say I did it on my own!. haha jk! I appreciate the ideas, I am def all over that one.

Yea my plants seem to be digging the coco! I definitely need some better pots! 3 gal? I bought some 5 gal fab pots but they are way to big for my space. So this week I'm planning on getting the 3 gal fab pots along with a lot of medium to fill them. I might have to sell my body on my street corner because this hobby is getting pricey!

Quantum boards are great little lights that put off very little heat especially the QB120 models... I'd say an eight board build (480W) would outperform that 600W HPS... That is of course the DIY boards though because it helps keep costs down a ton... The QB120's do not require a heat sink just the board a driver and a power cord. A 480W build can be made for roughly 400$ give or take depending on the driver and overall build quality. That may seem pricey but these panels are capable of producing upwards of 2 grams per watt they are very efficient and getting that much LED light for under a dollar a watt is a great deal... Or you could always buy a couple boards as see how you like them you can build two boards for around 90-100$

DIY cob is also a very great route to go I just personally think it is more expensive especially with the heat sink needed but definitely amazing lights depending on the cobs used. But if you are interested in the QB's message me and I'll give you a couple links to some threads of the 8 board builds im talking about

I def am interested in the quantum board, give me a min to figure out how to pm and I'll shoot you a msg. I bought a set up for now on Amazon, the cree cxb 3590 200w to replace my hps 600w because it is just to hot and burns up to much juice. I appreciate the info!

A little update. My plants seem to be adjusting well to the hps, although I see signs of stress coming on as my hps raised the temps from 72 degrees to 85 90 degrees.

I have a 3 white widows that seem to be short and have a harder time growing, but one seem to be kicking ass, I think it's genetics? My one gg#4 is dominating, and the Nukehead is also one of the stronger plants. I really contemplated taking out the shorties, but common this is my first grow, I'll take anything! Here are some pics.

Group shot

420-magazine-mobile642612366.jpg

GG4

420-magazine-mobile710959366.jpg

Nukehead

420-magazine-mobile154657222.jpg

WW

420-magazine-mobile486684210.jpg

And I apologize for the pictures kind of hard to see in hps. On Sunday my LED will arrive to replace the HPS 600w to a CREE CXB 3590 200w, should be better pics then. I didn't bother taking pics of the 3 other white widow and the 1 gold leaf, you can see in the group shot they are smaller. I'm sure me stressing them the f*ck out didn't help. But I'm going to say some of it is genetics because the one white widow is a foot taller and growing great!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom