1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Day 33 Updates

Didn't spend much time with the girls as we had company today. Will need to water them tomorrow and will do some more ponytail training. Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend! Happy early Easter!!

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Day 34 Updates

Watered all the girls today. Each one got about 33 oz of water with 6.5 pH. Did a little more lower defoliation on a couple of the little ladies. Also did some ponytail training to try and get some light down into the canopy. Going to leave them on for about 4 hours.

I am seeing some good tops popping up from the LST tie down training. The plants I topped are finally showing some better growth with the tops. Its definitely been slower than I thought it would be. The plants I tried FIMMING seem to be growing much faster but I am not sure I like FIMMING. I think in the future I will stick with topping

Day 34 ATF#4
041617_ATF4_1.jpg

041617_ATF4_2.jpg

041617_ATF4_3.jpg

Day 34 ATF#3
041617_ATF3_1.jpg

041617_ATF3_2.jpg

041617_ATF3_3.jpg

041617_ATF3_4.jpg

Day 34 ATF#2
041617_ATF2_3.jpg

041617_ATF2_2.jpg

041617_ATF2_1.jpg

Day 34 ATF#1
041617_ATF1_1.jpg

041617_ATF1_2.jpg

041617_ATF1_3.jpg

Day 34 Update for Blueberry, Durban Poison and Blue Kush
041617_Blueberry_1.jpg

041617_Blueberry_2.jpg

Day 34 Blue Kush with a little LST ponytail training
041617_Blue_Kush_1.jpg

041617_Blue_Kush_2.jpg

041617_Blue_Kush_3.jpg

Day 34 Durban Poison
041617_Durban_Poison_1.jpg

041617_Durban_Poison_2.jpg

041617_Durban_Poison_3.jpg

Day 35 (Yesterday) Update.

Some pretty exciting news. So as I posted on the very 1st journal entry, I am growing 4 Alaskan Thunderfunk regular seeds. So with this being my very 1st grow, I was a little nervous about the whole sexing of the plant and not wanting to screw anything up that would cost me my crop. So I went to they hydro store and bought this new toy to help me identifying my plants' sex.

I gotta admit, I am not the most technological person to be sure.....so it was a bit of a learning curve figuring out how to use this thing correctly and I was close to coughing it up as a 10 dollar waste of money. But as Ms Stank and I played around with it, SHE figured it out and we were able to make some exciting discoveries. Here are a few shots of the new toy and pre flowers we were able to find. At least 2 of the 4 ATFs showed themselves to have lady pre flowers (I am stoked....though the plant I really wanted to be a female, ATF #4, hasn't shown enough of itself to make a confident determination). So I will have at least 2 ATF plants that will continue in the full grow journal, ATF #1 and ATF #2. Without further blabbering!!

New Toy
Microscope_1.jpg

Microscope_2.jpg

ATF #1 showing her pre flowers!!
041717_ATF1_4.jpg

041717_ATF1_2.jpg

ATF #2 showing her stuff as well!!
041717_ATF2_2.jpg

041717_ATF2_1.jpg

Day 35 ATF#3 and ATF#4 Updates

So here are the shots of the ATF#3. It is the one that I am fairly confident is showing itself to be a male, though I will give it a bit more time and I might even experiment with cloning it and inducing flower on the clone to verify it actual sex to be 100%.

Now in regards to ATF #4, I am not able to make an accurate guess based on what he/she is showing. So if anyone out there has experience with a similar one and what it might be, please feel free to comment. I am still holding out that it will be a girl as well since it is easily the healthiest and fastest growing of the four ATF plants. I know the photos of #4 are a little redundant but perhaps there is something in one that might help someone see something I am missing. Thanks!!

ATF #3 Pre-flowers
041717_ATF3_1.jpg

041717_ATF3_2.jpg

041717_ATF3_3.jpg

ATF #4
041717_ATF4_1.jpg

041717_ATF4_2.jpg

041717_ATF4_3.jpg

Day 35 Group Shot

They are a motley crew but I love them dearly!!

041717_Group_3.jpg

Number three may surprise you with lady parts it looks more like a calyx forming than a nanner, don't cull early!

Thanks for hopping on board for the ride Growchy!

I have been hoping that ATF 4 would turn out to be a lady. 4 is growing so damn fast compared to the other ones. But I am still stoked that I got two out of the four. I think I am going to experiment with cloning the two that aren't showing, and induce them into flowering while I continue to veg the other girls....really just for the experience in doing it. I will check again today on both 3, and 4 to see if anything has changed.

Lol South African strains are all over now

I have heard great things about Durban Poison and had never tried it so figured it would be a good one to try. I tend to prefer Sativas over the heavy Indicas. Any other good South African strains you might recommend?

Day 37 Quick update

Took down the T5 light I had over the tomatoes that are sharing the tent until it warms up (which it better do soon cause they are starting to take up too much room) enough outside for me to start hardening outside during the day.

I added the 2nd LED over the tomatoes.

As for the girls, they are growing really fast now (at least to me). Seems like every time I open the tent, they are bigger and bushier.
041917_Tent_1.jpg

041917_Tent_3.jpg

I'm here van stank pulled up the swivel chair for this kindsoil grow.

Welcome brother! Thanks for stopping in!

So both lights have been running and with the cool weather out, I have been able to keep the grow room temps below 80 degrees. The RH has increased a bit over the last month. When I started the grow they were hovering in the 16-25% range. Today they are running 30-40%. The girls might need a watering tonight, its getting close (except for ATF 3....he/she isn't drinking as fast as the others). I will check back in later tonight.

Here are a couple pics of the non-ATF strains. I am pleased with the growth and health of all three of these, especially the Blue Kush. I hope that the smoke is as nice as the plant is!!

Day 38 Blue Kush
042017_Blue_Kush_4.jpg

042017_Blue_Kush_1.jpg

Day 38 Blueberry
042017_Blueberry_1.jpg

042017_Blueberry_2.jpg

Day 38 Durban Poison
042017_Durban_Poison_1.jpg

042017_Durban_Poison_2.jpg

Your Humidity is very low in my opinion. Increasing it will also increase grow rate. If you do not own a humidifier, you can simply hang a wet towel inside your grow area. Try to keep it arround 55% while in veg, and arround 45% when flowering. Low Humidity will increase resin production while flower, but also slows down growth in veg and in flower. Keep in mind, high humidity air will also help staying cool in your grwo room. Transpiration needs energy, same principal as AC´s work with. Humid Air is also capable of transporting more energy/heat away, making it easier for your exhaust to keep your grow room cool.

Looking good Van Stank, ill sub for this one.

Good advice Crocodoc, the wet towel method works great for small areas, I would advise you Stank to use a towel and bowl(or bucket) and use it as a wick and point a fan to it. That method has work wonders for me, and in a couple of days you will notice a huge difference.

Happy Growing!!!

Back
Top Bottom