circaura

Thanks for stopping by! I've already got one journal following my rec grow, but I figured since I haven't seen a Tangerine Dream grow journal, (link me up if you know of one!) I figured I would make one for our indoor personal grow.

Fox Farms ocean forest soil.
they're in 1 gallon pots now, but they're getting transplanted into 25 gallon plants in 3 days.
We're using GH Flora series nutrients.
They're under a 600W MH at the moment. Adding another 400 a week after the transplant, plus the SCROG, then a week after that we're slamming another 1k (depending on how they're doing) and switching to HPS for flower.

My pops Grew the TD last year outside, but it took a long time to flower and we had to chop them down early to prevent mold, so we haven't gotten a chance to do the strain justice.
This time around, we're going to ripen these beauties the their maximum potential, and it might be a permanent addition to our garden. I loved the premature TD last year, so I'm pretty excited for this little experiment.

We just moved, and we're still getting settled in, so you'll probably see our grow room come together over the course of this grow as well.

ANYWAY

Here are the girls. Just topped them all.

IMG_093141.JPG

Stay tuned for more glorious Tangerine Dream!

We got our girls transplanted today...
We were a little bit behind schedule with this, so they were all showing slight signs of nutrient deficiency when we transplanted, but they seem to be doing pretty good now.

I'm gonna show you guys how we set up our SCROG, and what we're using for pots.
Originally we were going to use 25 gallon fabric pots, but the trays we would need to use for drainage are 15$ a pop.
EFF THAT
We went to Wal-Mart ( bring on the hate!!!) and bought some 18 gallon storage containers for 5$ drilled some holes in the bottom, and put them on top of their own lids. Bam, 4 18 gallon pots and drainage trays, for 20$
It's also worth noting, that we're using FFOF with 4/1 perlite mixed in.

Here's how we built the SCROG

First get some self tapping screws
unnamed_3_9.jpg

The 30ft of class 200 PVC ( about 16 cents per foot)
Cut into four, 4 foot sections, and mark a spot for a hole every 3 inches in a straight line.
unnamed_1_12.jpg

Use your self tapping screws and a drill and slap a screw on with about an 8th inch of clearance between the pvc and the screw head.
unnamed_2_9.jpg

unnamed_4_7.jpg

You can get this string at home depot for 99 cents for a hundred feet.
Starting at one corner, tie a not around the screw, and lace it straight across, go around that screw one time, then directly across to the adjacent screw, wrap once and then go across again. Keep doing this to the other corner, then repeat for the other side.
Eventually it looks like this.
unnamed_5_4.jpg

Here are the containers we used
unnamed_6_1.jpg

With the holes drilled
unnamed_7_1.jpg

After the plants were transplanted, I measured from the mats, to about 2 inches below the highest point of the canopy (honestly it was an arbitrary number, it just seemed to be a good height based on the size of our plants) and then carefully put the scrog onto our plants.
unnamed_8_1.jpg
unnamed_9_1.jpg
unnamed_10_.jpg

We waited a bit long to scrog them, but it's all good. They're going to fill the screen, then we will flip them to flower.

The light is about a foot above the canopy, and the canopy temperature is about 76 degrees. Once we get the fan installed on our hood, it's coming down farther.

It's coming right along!

So, to summarize; if you are having a hard time keeping your price low, these are two good options. We have a nice Reusable SCROG which we can cut, and restring for 1$ per grow.

The SCROG was a grand total of 10$ to assemble, and will last. (assuming you already have a drill)
If you look online, companies sell scrogs for a SINGLE POT for 80$
Pre fab'd reusable SCROGS for over 100$

The pots and trays were 20$ total.
Compare that to 6-10$ per pot, plus 6-10$ per tray, you're saving money there too.

30$ total, for some of the gear required to grow high yielding plants.

Hope that helps anyone who likes to D.I.Y, I know I like to.

Not much news. These girls haven't really been thirsty. Saturated the containers after transplant, and fed once after, and they've been good on that. Great growth so far. Another week or so and the screen should be pretty full. Still under a 600w. Not sure if we're going to be able to get 1000w in there anytime soon.
update_41.jpg
update_61.jpg
update_51.jpg

They're bursting at the seams. Honestly I didn't expect them to grow this rapidly.
update_112.jpg

Here's a shot of the center of the scrog
update_122.jpg

Finally got around to lollipopping. I'm not sure how effective this actually is. Some people swear by it, but I have also read a lot about how it doesn't really make a big difference. Doing it anyway.

update_141.jpg

update_132.jpg

Great growth so far. They're still just under a 600, and the scrog is about 4.5x4.5
Once they gain a little more height, we're going to flip them.

Back
Top Bottom