Seedsman Sponsored Grow: Peyote Wi-Fi By Beez

What I remember about identifying mites and thrips was the distinctive markings they each leave as they eat the leaves up.

Thrip markings look lacey. Mites leave those tiny little white spots that scare the crap out of every one of us. Consistent treatment is the way to eliminate either.

Nice seeds beez. :high-five: You ever planning on running those Carnivals?

At some point I would like to. Did you need them back?

Absolutely not! They were for you to play with, hoping I could save some funds on seed stock later in life when I find the way back to growing. There’s no rush, I was just curious, and I’m looking forward to watching you grow them out. Vicarious gardening is all I have these days, and I can smell your house in my mind. :circle-of-love:

Absolutely not! They were for you to play with, hoping I could save some funds on seed stock later in life when I find the way back to growing. There’s no rush, I was just curious, and I’m looking forward to watching you grow them out. Vicarious gardening is all I have these days, and I can smell your house in my mind. :circle-of-love:
Sue you shut the garden down?? Why??
:oops:

I started harvesting my Jellium S1 seeds today. I did a modest seed run with the Jellium. Hoping for 100-150 seeds which will be enough for my personal use, some to give to friends, and some to trade with friends in my area.

Sue you shut the garden down?? Why??
:oops:

I relocated to a place that doesn’t support gardening at this time Chef. I’m devoting the time to learning more about the ECS and how cannabis interacts with it.

One day the opportunity will arise to throw up some tents and lights. Right now I’m content with where the cosmos dropped me. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier to live anywhere, and that’s without growing.

I travel, and visit member’s gardens. It takes the painful edge out of this life choice. :circle-of-love:

I took a few cuttings today from the plants I have been treating for pests. I'm hesitant to treat such vulnerable plants with any chemicals and probably won't until they have established roots. At that point I can check them for pests and start to treat them accordingly. Cleaned my little cloning box up today and sanitized it. Hoping whole heartedly that these cuttings are bug free.

Now you shouldn't say that @ChefDGreen (not slapping your hand) . If you grow in organic soil at some point you're going to have bugs/pests. And if someone is kind enough to share their genetics with me then it is my responsibility to quarantine incoming plants and check them closely for pests and treat them accordingly. I had these separated for over two weeks and didn't see any pests or signs of pests so they joined the general population. I blame myself for having a problem. And it's actually not a terrible thing as I've gained knowledge for how to handle this in the future. Prior to this I never had any pest problem.

@InTheShed If I ever have a bed bug or flea outbreak here I'm prepared. Well if the whole neighborhood has an outbreak I'm prepared to treat it.

And @ChefDGreen I now know to treat incoming plants as if they did have a pest problem and to do that for three weeks and then introduce them to the other plants. Not just quarantining them...…...they need to be treated too.

And finally with regard to treating pests. @Van Stank uses what proved to be the very best and most effective method for treating the bugs. He fills a 5 gallon bucket with his pesticide of choice (Neem oil in my case), flips the plants upside down and submerges the plant in the solution for 5 minutes agitating and swishing the plant around during those 5 minutes.

There is no missed spots with that method. You soak every single inch of every single leave.

Nearly finished with the Jellium seed harvest. I'm always amazed that two seeds, side by side on the same bud can be so different in their level of maturation. One can be dark brown while right next to it is a seed that is an olive green color. Anyway, this is the haul so far.

The Peyote Wi-Fi grown in my organic soil has all been trimmed. A grand total of 139 grams which doesn't include a few test nuggets. This was in a 7 gallon pot harvested at flip + 59 days.

The second Peyote Wi-Fi which is being grown in ProMix BX and being fed Mega Crop nutrients should be ready in about 5-7 days. She's slowed her water uptake the last week or so. She is not as big as the organic Wi-Fi and her buds aren't as dense but she still looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom