Pat's Small CFL Grow

Hey Pat, can't help with the PH liquids mate sorry :( .. But the biobizz ferts are awesome, I used exactly these last year, and using them again this grow .. The girl looks great buddy, keep up the good work !

Edit: Oh btw I used this chart last year, and used half of the recommended dose, and the plants loved it, I had 4 plants on the balcony, and they all came out pretty good, that was my first grow ever ;)
BioBizzfeedingchart1.jpg

Thank you!! I will definitely print out this chart and keep it next to my grow space to see how it handles it. :Namaste: I was sitting there today mixing the PH up and down, at one point the PH was off the chart into the red :thedoubletake: Got it to about 5.5 after some fiddling but will just add those nutes and see what happens! Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

I can't talk to those specific Nutes or how many ml per liter but can say you are right that you should start at 1/4 or 1/3 strength and work your way up. My Nutes schedule is feed, water, water. Hats one bushy plant, looks good!

Definitely will start slow and just keep it at a minimal for now, can overburden the poor plant. Really glad with how it is coming along by only using tap water and keeping an eye on it daily. Today marks day 23 from seedling and still loving every minute of it :grinjoint: Thank you for the kind compliment, I also can't believe the plant is this bushy, I did a bit of topping and a bit of defol with some fan leaves that had the heat stress on them, hopefully within the next week I can start training the plant even more and lay it out exactly how I want it.

Thank you!! I will definitely print out this chart and keep it next to my grow space to see how it handles it. :Namaste: I was sitting there today mixing the PH up and down, at one point the PH was off the chart into the red :thedoubletake: Got it to about 5.5 after some fiddling but will just add those nutes and see what happens! Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

No worries mate. I dunno if I was lucky but local tap water has really good ph and after I added those biobizz nutes and measured the ph (with one of those liquid ph tests from aquaristic shop) the ph was around 6, so that was kinda cool. The plant will let you know if you're feeding it too much nutes tho, and you can quickly adjust the dosage.

Edit: oh dude I just remembered, I was actually using vinegar to adjust the ph of the water, worked like a charm :), but since you have those ph up/down chems u'll be fine ;)

No worries mate. I dunno if I was lucky but local tap water has really good ph and after I added those biobizz nutes and measured the ph (with one of those liquid ph tests from aquaristic shop) the ph was around 6, so that was kinda cool. The plant will let you know if you're feeding it too much nutes tho, and you can quickly adjust the dosage.

Edit: oh dude I just remembered, I was actually using vinegar to adjust the ph of the water, worked like a charm :), but since you have those ph up/down chems u'll be fine ;)

LoL vinegar :laughtwo: When awesome ideas work just as good as using store bought stuff, I will go fiddle some more tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. Tonight is killing me slowly, 4 hours of sleep working from 23:00 till 07:00 :surrender:

Good morning to you all :welcome: nothing much to report, forgot to actually put up pictures of how my light fixture is so will quickly do that. Leaves that has marks on them haven't really improved however they will be taken off in a few days to help with training the other branches. Also gave first feeding with nutes, can confirm the stuff smells awful :laughtwo: Hopefully the plant likes it more than I do.

Haha I love your PVC pipe setup Pat ! I was actually thinking about redesigning my light setup a bit myself, but will probably do it next grow, i'm only running 4x 32W bulbs in my small grow space ;), so I hope it'll be enough for my girl. Excellent work mate, keep it up

Thanks man :high-five: it should be more than sufficient for your plant, my other grow I had only two 23w bulbs on a plant, however was doing two plants with a total of 92w :rofl::rofl: None the less I still got some bud from it and was an awesome learning experience!
IMG_20160426_164008.jpg

Not the best of nugs but this was from the one plant grown with 46w

Damn man, that is quite surprising :), I've seen some great results with CFLs but hats off man ;). My last years grow was a disaster, started under 70w hps, but with no experience what so ever I ended up just putting the girls on my balcony, it was 4 plants and I had so many problems with them through out their lives lol, including spider mites, so I ended up with like 60 grams of dried stuff from 4 plants ! But I definitely picked up some great experience and this year I've decided to actually get help here. This place is great tho :thanks:

Damn man, that is quite surprising :), I've seen some great results with CFLs but hats off man ;). My last years grow was a disaster, started under 70w hps, but with no experience what so ever I ended up just putting the girls on my balcony, it was 4 plants and I had so many problems with them through out their lives lol, including spider mites, so I ended up with like 60 grams of dried stuff from 4 plants ! But I definitely picked up some great experience and this year I've decided to actually get help here. This place is great tho :thanks:

LOL not as surprised as I was, untrained plant, weak ass light and still gave me buds to smoke :rofl: 60 grams is quite good though, my aim for this grow is about 45g dried so hopefully I can do it. Now we both must just get these bloody issues sorted out and grow some fine ass plants :high-five::Namaste:

Thanks Pat! And no problem man. I'm excited to see how she turns out.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Me too! First time training a plant and first time using nutrients. I put in a lot more effort into this grow and just hoping everything works out fine. Do you have any grows going on at the moment?

I actually just started some seeds. The strain is Durban Relief (Durban poison X Pre-98 Bubba). They're still in the soil and haven't sprouted yet. This is my first grow, but I am confident i can produce some very good medicine.

I actually just started some seeds. The strain is Durban Relief (Durban poison X Pre-98 Bubba). They're still in the soil and haven't sprouted yet. This is my first grow, but I am confident i can produce some very good medicine.

That sounds sweet man, are you from Durban though? :high-five: Hope they sprout in the next few days, you should start a journal! What type of setup you running?

Back
Top Bottom