Ok Noob First Grow

re: Ok Noob First Grow

Thanks Kamy and Tacoma, Like I said it was crucial to put the airstones in the buckets. Now the feed up top and down under. I figured the roots would do well while sitting in the water as long as I airated it. Thanks to the advice from those on here too.

Things have definately turned the corner and are doing great.
Welcome aboard Tacoma... I will try to keep it interesting.

Aww sorry to hear about the setback but its just another bump in the road my friend. And you have shown us once that you know how to make a comeback. Wishing your ladies a speedy recovery.

Aww sorry to hear about the setback but its just another bump in the road my friend. And you have shown us once that you know how to make a comeback. Wishing your ladies a speedy recovery.

Uh Thanks Queen....But for once my shit is growing fine. I could not be much happier with them right now. Those were old pics kamy quoted...

Didn't you see the roots? I am proud of them roots...lol

Everything is :thumb: here

Saturday. Changed the water in all buckets. Roots look good in all buckets. Nice and white some buckets have more roots then others. Still feel like the airstones was best addition so far.
PH' to 6.0 after nutes PPM 264 Added 3.0ml Part A and Part B Plue Planet Nutients 2 part. I expect even better growth this week. Next week I will take it to 4ml....

overall happy

Sunday- Just took 8 clones from 3 plants and filled the clone machine.

The room is starting to look a bit crowded. I am sure it will look more crowded after these get roots and I put them in buckets...

They look like they liked the fresh water and nutes.

I have a question for the more experienced growers then myself....

When cloning, When you take the clipping and dip it in the root gel Do you stick it in the neoprene ring and put directly into the net pot or do you put a rockwool cube or rapid rooter in the netpot for the roots to grow to?

The video I saw on how to make the machine and the one on cloning show them using rockwool cubes soaked in water. I have rapid rooters and did put them in the net pots after dipping the stem into the root gel.

By the way, my clone machine seems to techniclly works great. I turned the pump down all the way and it is still almost spraying too much. I have had a couple exterior drips, but with some clamps and a 5# sledge hammer sitting on the edge of the box it seems to have almost stopped. I will seal the edges after I finish this batch of clones. I placed another plastic lid from a different box under it to catch any drips...

Hey did you ever get your humidity issue solved? I have been having the same problem. Once I forgot to put water in the humidifier but even after that I still get low humidity readings.

Roots look great!

I used root riot cubes (similar to rapid rooters) in a cheap double rooting tray thing with a cheap plastic dome and cfl's. I sprayed the inside of the dome constantly to keep high humidity and just barely kept enough water in each tray trough to keep the cubes moist. I used clonex also. and scraped the outside of the clone stem. I had 100% rooting very quickly on all 8 cuttings. Transplanted in less than 2 weeks iirc.

Hey did you ever get your humidity issue solved? I have been having the same problem. Once I forgot to put water in the humidifier but even after that I still get low humidity readings.

Nope same old issues. Someone told me to put wash cloths around the bucket tops... I have a pail full of water in the room and a humidifier going
24/7. Humidity stays around 25-30. I have seen it go to 39% once when it was 100% humidity outside.

Shit I have to deal with in the high desert SW...

Roots look great!

I used root riot cubes (similar to rapid rooters) in a cheap double rooting tray thing with a cheap plastic dome and cfl's. I sprayed the inside of the dome constantly to keep high humidity and just barely kept enough water in each tray trough to keep the cubes moist. I used clonex also. and scraped the outside of the clone stem. I had 100% rooting very quickly on all 8 cuttings. Transplanted in less than 2 weeks iirc.

Cool. Thanks Bman.

I made a clone machine and now I am going to make a different one. I made it with a 14 gal tub and it kinda leaks/drips a little. I found directions for one made from a 5 gal bucket. That will take up less room in my room and looks like it should work as well if not better, at least for my needs.

https://forum.---------.com/do-yourself/444974-lets-build-clone-machine-*step-step*.html

Since I have 5 gal buckets already this will fit much better and I have the extra parts already. I will let these root and then remake it.

I have a question for the more experienced growers then myself....

When cloning, When you take the clipping and dip it in the root gel Do you stick it in the neoprene ring and put directly into the net pot or do you put a rockwool cube or rapid rooter in the netpot for the roots to grow to?

The video I saw on Medical Marijuana Growing Videos, MMJ Card, Jobs at Weed Scene on how to make the machine and the one on cloning show them using rockwool cubes soaked in water. I have rapid rooters and did put them in the net pots after dipping the stem into the root gel.

By the way, my clone machine seems to techniclly works great. I turned the pump down all the way and it is still almost spraying too much. I have had a couple exterior drips, but with some clamps and a 5# sledge hammer sitting on the edge of the box it seems to have almost stopped. I will seal the edges after I finish this batch of clones. I placed another plastic lid from a different box under it to catch any drips...

Yes I am quoting myself...

Since noone answered this I am reposting...And adding another question to it...

Should I add an airstone to my clone machine? or is that not needed or wanted?

:thanks:

Yes I am quoting myself...

Since noone answered this I am reposting...And adding another question to it...

Should I add an airstone to my clone machine? or is that not needed or wanted?

:thanks:

In the clone machine nute tank yes. I don't think it would hurt too much. Might cause problems with algae growth on the edge of the foam created where it contacts the tank, also on the stone itself.

In the clone machine nute tank yes. I don't think it would hurt too much. Might cause problems with algae growth on the edge of the foam created where it contacts the tank, also on the stone itself.

I am confused now...

1) I was told no nute for clones.
2) They should only take about a week for the roots to show from what I understood.
3)Algae in a weeks time? If it might create algae I don't want it...

Please give me more details on your explaination JJ...:Namaste:

I am confused now...

1) I was told no nute for clones.
2) They should only take about a week for the roots to show from what I understood.
3)Algae in a weeks time? If it might create algae I don't want it...

Please give me more details on your explaination JJ...:Namaste:

Some people use a very diluted mixture to help the clones root. I think water alone works just fine. If you are not using nutes in the cloner I would not ad the stone.:peace:

Ok here is a pic of the veg room. I will wait to see if the clones root and then flip the 4 largest to flower. I could wait and veg all but 2 for a few more weeks but am getting anxious. SO again as soon as they show roots 3 or 4 will go to flower.

whole_room_12-12-11.JPG

I put a humidity dome over the plants and sprayed the inside of it with water. The clones looked perkier this morning.

Back
Top Bottom