KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Thank you kindly! I am glad to work with 420 Magazine, Twilight Groups LED and PerfectGardens.com in this Grow Journal and Review!

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Here is the updated LED spectrum for the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light per COB array.

2nd type is FULL Spectrum with UV380nm 1PCS, IR730nm 1PCS,6500K 2PCS,440nm 4PCS,

460nm 6PCS,580nm 1PCS,610nm 1PCS,630nm 4PCS,660nm 10PCS. this have 30pcs diode

in EACH COB LED.

UV380 1PCS
IR730 1PCS
6500K 2PCS
440NM 4PCS
460NM 6PCS
580NM 1PCS
610NM 1PCS
630NM 4PCS
660NM 10PCS

theengineer, think of it like this, lumens for humans, par for plants. Lumens are a measurement of visible light & not what the plant sees or absorbs. PAR is the light that plants see & absorb & if you compare par figures then a good quality LED will out perform HPS.
I'm still on the fence frankly. I've said before that I've seen really good grows w/ LED, but never really an awesome grow. For the $, you can buy an awesome hood, digital/dimmable ballast, powerbox & dbl ended, high performance bulb. And most importantly, we've all seen amazing grows with that.
I like where it's heading, don't get me wrong. I'm pulling for the technology, savings & performance of LED.

Pulls up a chair with a drink and my vape....Rrrreeeeeeeaaadddyyyyyyy!!!!

What kinda lights werevyou veggin under John before you got the cob light set up? :volcano-smiley:

Previous to being placed into my soiless mixture in 1 gallon size pots the Hindu Kush #3 clones were kept under 23 watt 6500 Kelvin daylight Compact Florescent Light bulbs in my cloner then placed under the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light. The AK47x Alaskan Thunder was kept vegetating under 6500 Kelvin daylight Florescent tubes.

thanks for the reply, I think I'll investigate replacing my 600w HPS with one for the cost savings alone - I could drop 500w right away, but my only concern, and it's only based on no real experience of flowering with LED, and that is that it might mean lower yields/potency - am I right?

Just watch KJC grow with this LED!!! its awesommeeee!! My opinion is that this is the future of indoor for sure. LEDs are cooler....great light penetration.... Ive seen reaalllyyy grea trichomes on LED grown plants!!! Keep watchin! This is gonna be gooooood!!!!! :volcano-smiley:

Previous to being placed into my soiless mixture in 1 gallon size pots the Hindu Kush #3 clones were kept under 23 watt 6500 Kelvin daylight Compact Florescent Light bulbs in my cloner then placed under the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light. The AK47x Alaskan Thunder was kept vegetating under 6500 Kelvin daylight Florescent tubes.

Ok cool....thanks for the heads up on that. These are clones from you last grow?

The AK47x Alaskan Thunder and the 3x Hindu Kush #3's are from the same genetics as my previous grows.

I'm still on the fence frankly. I've said before that I've seen really good grows w/ LED, but never really an awesome grow. For the $, you can buy an awesome hood, digital/dimmable ballast, powerbox & dbl ended, high performance bulb. And most importantly, we've all seen amazing grows with that.
I like where it's heading, don't get me wrong. I'm pulling for the technology, savings & performance of LED.

I hear ya buddy, I've only just switched to LED for my current grow. The main factor for me was energy saving & easier environment control. I've got a new light arriving late this week which I hope will impress me & be close to HPS standards. The thing with growing with LED is you need to alter the style of grow to suit the light. Big 6ft+ plants will never look as good under LED

I've just fired up the HPS after a bit of a time out, and if someone can show me an LED equivelant, I'll be on it like a rash - I have hopes for this Spider Cob unit, fingers crossed it delivers...

Hi KJC! In your last grow you linked the glasses you use in your led room. Would you mind sharing again please?

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

look at you going very strong with another grow lets me say your nutrients very good product im using general hydroponics ass well to all new growers follow this guy you will learn something the way i did im still learning king john you keep growing i keep learning thats the motto:welcome::420:users its going to be a long journal

I use Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by grow room lighting.

https://hydrofarm.com Active Eye Growroom Glasses

Morning King....

I checked out those glasses and it says "sodium" lights.

Are they the same for LED lights?

Or is there a better pair for LED lighting?

I originally purchased the Active Eye Growroom Glasses to protect my eyesight from damage from the Ultra Violet and Infra Red wavelengths in the light emitted by High Pressure Sodium lights I use for flowering. I have found the Active Eye Growroom Glasses will also protect your eyesight from Ultra Violet and Infra Red LED light from the LED light panels as well. The Active Eye Growroom Glasses color is a little blue but you can see the leaves and read your plants health very well under the LED light panels.

432w_Spider_COB_LED_grow_light_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_005.JPG

so is 198w its maximum draw watts, or is this in veg mode?

The Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light uses 198 watts maximum draw with 120 volt 60 hertz.

Back
Top Bottom