KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Subscribed,Thanks for the invite KJC + REPS FOR A GREAT START . . . . . :passitleft:

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

You sure know how to start a journal off on the right foot! Thanks for the invite John, subscribed. I'm new to LED tech and am wondering, what are the major differences between these COB lights and regular led panels? I'm assuming the cobs are obviously much stronger than the smaller led diodes. But does that cause extra heat or same as a regular panel? I'm also wondering about the PAR for these lights

You sure know how to start a journal off on the right foot! Thanks for the invite John, subscribed. I'm new to LED tech and am wondering, what are the major differences between these COB lights and regular led panels? I'm assuming the cobs are obviously much stronger than the smaller led diodes. But does that cause extra heat or same as a regular panel? I'm also wondering about the PAR for these lights

The difference between conventional LED and COB LED is the Chips On Board LED's pack multiple LED's together into 1 single chip and produce intense illumination instead of single LED's. The full spectrum 2nd style of COB that I have chosen has 30 small LED's packed together onto 1 chip array. A large heat sink is placed on the back of the COB LED chip to cool the LED array. Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer is set at 80° Fahrenheit and 50% humidity and does not run the inline exhaust fan often to cool the Seed Cabinet.

You can see the individual LED's of the COB LED under the lens

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-08-12_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-08-12_-_007.JPG

I believe that a Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light would compliment a 0.6 L x 0.6 W x 1.6 H grow area. My Hindu Kush #3 have grown well under the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light placed 13" above the canopy.

thanks for the reply, I think I'll investigate replacing my 600w HPS with one for the cost savings alone - I could drop 500w right away, but my only concern, and it's only based on no real experience of flowering with LED, and that is that it might mean lower yields/potency - am I right?

My previous experience with using LED light panels to vegetate and flower cannabis were good results. I believe that LED light panels can produce more resinous cannabis buds then buds grown under High Pressure Sodium lights. I feel that a high gram per watt efficiency is possible when using LED light panels.

I am being slowly convinced, but find it hard to understand how 19,000 lumens can equate to the 90,000 of an HPS lamp!

I know it's not all about that, but it's difficult to let go of what you've been taught...

theengineer, think of it like this, lumens for humans, par for plants. Lumens are a measurement of visible light & not what the plant sees or absorbs. PAR is the light that plants see & absorb & if you compare par figures then a good quality LED will out perform HPS.

theengineer, think of it like this, lumens for humans, par for plants. Lumens are a measurement of visible light & not what the plant sees or absorbs. PAR is the light that plants see & absorb & if you compare par figures then a good quality LED will out perform HPS.

awesome, this is what I was after; have you a chart or something to demonstrate this? not that I doubt you, but if I understand the figures, I can make an informed comparison; I'm a man of hard facts & logic :Namaste:

I don't have anything at hand mate but just google par or par vs lumens & look into it. Most LED manufacturers will give you a par reading on their lights. The thing you need to bare in mind with LED is the par falls off dramatically as you move outwards in the footprint so more small panels will give you a better coverage than one large panel. Also look at the wattage draw as an indication of it's power, this Spider isn't 432w it's more like 200w & some of that runs the fans & gets lost in the power pack.

awesome, this is what I was after; have you a chart or something to demonstrate this? not that I doubt you, but if I understand the figures, I can make an informed comparison; I'm a man of hard facts & logic :Namaste:

Engineer,

And check in my signature. TwiLight's journal is there and should give you some more valuable information on their light.

Back
Top Bottom