Help! Does this look like hemp?

they are? first I've ever heard that before, in fact, I wouldn't even know where to go to get hemp seeds; where is it that you live?

The USA used to grow A LOT of hemp. Like everyone grew hemp 70ish years ago. The reason why I mention it is that it's a crop that was produced for fibers, paper and seed. A lot of feral hemp can be found all over(feral having mixed with ditch and outcropping etc) might not look like commercial single stalk hemp plants. Thats why I said that hemp can be used as an umbrella term to talk about ditch weed, feral hemp, hemp etc.

It isn't very likely but there are a lot of people buying acreages right now and finding TONS of feral cannabis everywhere. The seeds are easily distributed and as mentioned earlier can be found in bird seed mixes.

The only way you will be able to tell is when it's ready. The trichomes are a means of protection so every cannabis plant produces them to some extent. If they are filled with lovely THC9 and other cannabinoids is up to the tester to find out.

If you think at some point before it showed up in your yard you may have smoked a super sativa and tossed a seed, cool, thats good news. If not, don't be surprised if the smoke is no good.

Either way, you grew yourself a beautiful looking plant and should be proud :)

Also, in the last couple years people in the USA have been producing more and more acres of hemp. Most university greenhouse programs also have access to hemp seed. Hemp seed is not technically illegal because you can find it in health food stores and sometimes regular markets, but those seeds have been sterilized usually. Bird seeds may not need to be sterilized because they are not for human consumption.

ok so do you clean the seeds from hemp?.......cmon man ....looks like a reefer plant......sniff? you tell me...enjoy my friend:thumb::lot-o-toke::bump:

see and thats what i thought about the hemp seeds. now this is in the city and is in my backyard, we, i do not buy bird seed so if it came from a bird seed it would have been brought in by a bird or another animal and dropped there to grow, weather trichome production matters or not this plant is full of them and smells just like the stuff i usually buy, also idk if this matters because idk what hemp smells like but i can be across the yard and some days i can smell the plant from there so it does have a strong odor, the stuff i bought i can say looked like a sativa bud due to the fact that it was a longer bud in the sativa formation bein long skinny with a pointy end, now im not putting the fact that it might be a hemp plant out of the picture because its true that a hemp seed could have wound up here due to a bunch of different factors but ive lived here for 5 years and this is the first one to ever pop up in my yard, still keeping my fingers crossed thanks for the great input J189RFC

but i did find this after searching just now as of febuary 14, 2014

As the Washington Post reported Wednesday, a brief section buried deep in the 959-page bill authorizes colleges and universities to be authorized to grow industrial hemp for research purposes if they are located in a state that allows hemp to be grown and cultivated.

At this point, nine states allow hemp farming, the Post reported: California, Oregon, Montana, Colorado, North Dakota, Kentucky, West Virginia, Vermont, and Maine. An additional 11 states have hemp-legalization bills pending this year, according to the Post.

in conclusion to just those 2 paragraphs my state is not listed to allow hemp farming or allow colleges to do research also none of those states are around me but im not ruling hemp out

thanks J189RFC my fingers are crossed as well im glad everyone believes its a cannabis plant and not a hemp plant it really helps clear the head of negativity, anyway i cut a flower off today and am drying it now and will be testing it out either tomorrow or friday so i will fill everyone in with the results

here are some pics of the bud and trichomes i will be testing, now just a important question so i know when i smoke this if all the trichomes are still clear am i going to feel anything?

2014090995165618.jpg
2014090995170347.jpg
2014091095091925.jpg

smoke report is good i did feel the effects so dodged a bullet so to speak heres another picture for everyone to enjoy had a couple cool nights in a row 38 degrees F and another at 39F tonight so shes turning a nice deep purple no damage to the leaves or buds just really cool to look at after 9 whole weeks of green the start of week 10 shows purple :)

theres a pick for comparison as well :)

2014090195121533.jpg
2014091695162653.jpg

2014091695162723.jpg

Back
Top Bottom