Can u tell by lookin'

Tecumseh

Being new to growing the herb I was wondering. Is there a visible difference between the herb that we smoke and hemp used for other purposes? I ask because I have a plant grown from a freebie seed that looks sorta different. The flowering bits just look much less dense than all of my other plants. I'd include a pic but, it's dark out now and if there is no visible difference, it would be pointless anyway.

Also, the plant in question is growing outdoors, is 5 feet tall and although many female flowers are visible, there are no visible trichomes. I have 2 other plants outdoors that are shorter and ARE showing trichomes.

Has anyone ever known a seedbank to send (THC-poor)hemp seeds as freebies? It seems to me like this would be kinda shitty thing to do. I try to believe in the honesty of folks until proven wrong.

Okay, here's a picture. I was just being lazy earlier. This is the plant I'm wondering about. Note the lack of trichomes.

freb.jpg

And this is one of my other plants, which is about a foot shorter. Lots of trichomes.

gct.jpg

So, I'm thinking this may be just plain ole hemp or maybe just inferior herb. Any opinions?
Perhaps I've answered my own question. A lack of trichomes would be a visible difference. It at least lets you know that the herb is worthless for smoking. I'll keep it and watch for trichome development. Maybe it just needs to mature more. We'll see.

Interesting tecumesh, Its definately a female something or other :)
Even if it is hemp, its gunna develop a lot more than that i.e. it will engorge and fill out somewhat, it may only be when this starts happening that the trichomes will start forming.
Keep an eye on it for the time being,
All the best

Ya I'm with green here!! One of my last sativas did the same thing and it filled out ok!!! Not quite like the others but ok!!! Keep watching it amigo! She still looks healthy as a horse!!! Shell fill in a bit for you!!! And that other girl look amazing bro!!!

Back
Top Bottom