First Legal Grow in Colorado

I wish I had that much space and 1400 watts of HID's. Ought to be an impressive grow once you get going. You could definately pull some weight with that set up. The tough part is getting your mother stock chosen. Also, I'm wondering if we shouldn't count our mother plants as "mature flowering females". Of course we don't want to have to count them, but If Johny Law comes knocking and takes your 3 cubic foot sexually mature mother plant out from under your 18/6 lights that are artificially keeping it in veg to an evidence room. How long will it be before it flowers?
Just food for thought.

Well, that brings me back to the very first question I posted on this thread. "What size pots should I use?"
I can easily bring in another 'silent' partner. In fact, already have someone I trust 100% who knows about this out of necessity and would be happy to own some of the plants. I can very easily bring in a few more too, if needed. People who don't talk and really just don't care.

So we can flower 6 right now and easily take it to 9 or even 12. If we go with 6 it means 10 gallon pots and 6 weeks of veg. If we go with 5 gallons we have room for more plants and a shorter harvest time.

But which ratio is optimal for this set-up? I'm doing scrog for sure, and as best I can figure the ratio of plants to screen is a function of screen height/ veg time/ and pot size but its still a little confusing to know exactly how many plants in what size pots will fill a 24 sq foot screen.

And, since we're talking about Colorado here, I thought I'd ask about elevation. I'm not on the front range which is down at 4,500 feet in elevation, I'm in the mountains. Way up in the mountains.

Any heads-up you guys want to give me for growing at elevation?

I haven't abandoned you guys.... Just need some damn seeds.
I ordered them from a site that runs banner ads on the 420mag sponsors page on the 20th of December. At this time I won't mention their name, but just a heads-up that there's a potential scam alert coming. I'm down $100 bucks and back to square one. It's not the money so much as the time they've wasted.
Next time I'll research the seed company a hell of a lot better.

SCORE!!!!!
We bought some teens and are off and running. Man this looks great now. Temps and humidity are spot on and we just dropped them into 1 gallon pots. We have 3 strains a Durbin Poison, purp kush and white widow.
As far as the seeds are concerned, I ordered them from DutchSeedsShop.com and the experience was terrible. They were in constant contact with us till they got our money on the 20th of December. Then I heard nothing from them until the 3rd of January when they said they were shipped. As per their terms of service, I sent them a notice through the website and to the personal email of the rep. 21 days after they were shipped and haven't heard a word back.
Out $95 bucks and they won''t even return my email. I'm not saying that there a total scam, I'm sure some people have had better experiences, but mine sucked balls. Watch out!

So far so good...
There was a little yellowing on a couple leaves but it seems like that had to do with the shock of transport and transplanting. Even now that I look at these photos I can see a lot of new growth on all of them. Because we're only running the F5 right now the temp is a little lower than it will be when we go to the sodium, but we're holding at 70-72 degrees while running the lights 18 on and 6 off.
Our plan is to transplant to 10 gallon pots when they need it and then let them fill in the net 60% or more before we go to flower. Since we only can flower 6 we'll need to let them grow some to take advantage of the full 6x4 screen.
Lastly, I don't want to make this all about the seeds but I have to say that the webmaster of this site was awesome enough to forward my email off to them with a request for help. I still don't have them but at least he cares enough to try and help.
This is really a great community and I'm happy to be part of it.
Thanks guys.
:420:

Your photos haven't shown up I'm sorry mate, just blank boxes. Sounds like all's going well though, and glad the mods are helping out with the seed issue

When I get a few minutes (and some motivation) I'll upload them to another host and link them again.

Things are going great. The plants are showing some nice growth with new leaves showing up all over the place and a nice healthy green look. It even seems like most the yellowing we experienced from the transfer and replant is going away. They've only grown an inch or so in height but I suspect their root system is getting all the attention right now.

As far as watering goes, we've done a little extra this last week in order to help their shallow root system gain access to the moisture. But now we're basing the watering schedule off a dry 1-gallon pot of dirt and letting them drink most the water. We plan in watering about every three days till the water runs out the bottom then letting them dry out, etc.

I also assume I'll need to introduce nutes in about 2 weeks. Hopefully the (newly uploaded) pics and some feedback from the community can help me decide exactly when I need to do that.

We do plan on using 10 gallon puts but I'm hearing a lot about Aero Pots. Seems like they could be well worth the extra investment. Even an extra $10 per pot needs to yield one extra gram to break even.

I'd given up on the seeds but they did arrive today. The big problem is that their site says it should take 3 weeks for delivery and it took almost 6 so we bought clones instead.

SPIDER MITES!!!
Yes, we found spider mites today. SHIT! After doing some research, we decided to use some baking soda, vinegar and a little soap solution to spray on them, then 20 minutes later we sprayed them again with water. If this doesn't do it we were considering using a 4 to 1 solution of rubbing alcohol. I still need to do a little more research but we're hoping this will take care of the problem.

I'll let you know how things go.

When I get a few minutes (and some motivation) I'll upload them to another host and link them again. .

The photos cannot be hosted on an outside website they have to be uploaded to your gallery, and it is actually very simple to do , if 420girl has not already contacted you on the photos, I would recommend reading up on how to upload photos, Peace OG

I'd given up on the seeds but they did arrive today. The big problem is that their site says it should take 3 weeks for delivery and it took almost 6 so we bought clones instead.

SPIDER MITES!!!
Yes, we found spider mites today. SHIT! After doing some research, we decided to use some baking soda, vinegar and a little soap solution to spray on them, then 20 minutes later we sprayed them again with water. If this doesn't do it we were considering using a 4 to 1 solution of rubbing alcohol. I still need to do a little more research but we're hoping this will take care of the problem.

I'll let you know how things go.

Sns makes a good product for this SNS 209

The photos cannot be hosted on an outside website they have to be uploaded to your gallery, and it is actually very simple to do , if 420girl has not already contacted you on the photos, I would recommend reading up on how to upload photos, Peace OG

I was looking for a place to upload in the Ui and couldn't find one so I just assumed I'd have to host them elsewhere. Thanks, now that I know where to look I'll get right on it.

Otherwise all's going well. The mites got their asses kicked but I can still see some eggs laying around so a couple more treatments ought to do the trick once and for all. I also cleaned the hell out of the room from floor to ceiling and sprayed every surface with rubbing alcohol.

Good deal on the mites , just keep after them for 9 days three days apart, spray wait three days and spray again, wait three days and sray again that is the hatching pattern of the eggs. As for the picks just click on the gallery Icon on the upper left of where all the other stuff is at the toop with the adds and go down to add photos and it will walk you right through i. BTW I hate pests of any kind have been dealing with f/gnats myself so best of luck look forward to some pics, OG

Today was day three so I watered them some, applied another round of spray, rinsed them down well then watered them the rest of the way to help flush out any residue. Yesterday the bugs were clearly dead but this morning there were signs of them again so I instantly hit them.
We're also seeing some burning from the lights so I raised them a bit to give the leaves time to heal and grow back. Otherwise they look good and healthy and are showing a lot of growth. Not much taller than when I got them but a lot more bushy.
I imagine in the next week or so I'll have to start thinking about adding ferts. I'm just glad I can nip this bug problem in the butt now, rather than later when I have colas. That would suck.
Also, I want to guarantee that the bag of dirt I had in the room isn't infested so I put it out in the cold. Will that kill them?

As for the picks just click on the gallery Icon on the upper left of where all the other stuff is at the toop with the adds and go down to add photos and it will walk you right through i. BTW I hate pests of any kind have been dealing with f/gnats myself so best of luck look forward to some pics, OG

SUCCESS!
RckyMtnHigh Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
Rather than linking them all Its probably easier to just give you the link to the gallery.
Enjoy

SUCCESS!
RckyMtnHigh Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
Rather than linking them all Its probably easier to just give you the link to the gallery.
Enjoy

Looking good so far glad you got the upper hand on the mites. Just a suggestion, on the photos , when you are making a post on the bottom left is a tab that says my photos, click it and insert them right into the post, the gallery is awesome but more will get sen if in your posts than scrolling through a whole grow cycle, Peace OG

Next time I'll rotate these pics b4 I upload them. sorry about that, but they show pretty well what we're looking at. I have 6 plants and here they are.

DSCF31711.JPG
DSCF31701.JPG
DSCF31691.JPG
DSCF31681.JPG
DSCF3167.JPG
DSCF3166.JPG

Here's the set-up

DSCF31722.JPG

DSCF31731.JPG

What do you guys think? Tomorrow morning we'll do our 3rd bug treatment and we're starting to think it could be time to do our first feeding as well based on some of the yellowing we're seeing on the lower leaves. You can also see some slight burning on the upper leaves but we raised the lights and it seems to have stopped.

I'd really appreciate as much feedback as you guys are willing to give. I think that one more bug treatment and a moderate feeding will put us where we need to be. I see eggs on the leaves but only very small dead bugs.

Thanks
:passitleft:

That's a very neat idea with the screen over the bath, keeps drainage and run off simple.

Not an expert on bugs I'm sorry but agree you could possibly think about a feed: the yellowing of the leaf with the veins staying dark green looks a bit like a Mg deficiency so some nutes may help

Fed them some of the pure blend pro grow today. I followed the ratio on the bottle and made one gallon which I split between all 6 pots.
:morenutes:

-We also did our 3rd mite treatment today. -Fingers crossed that we won't see them come back but will remain vigilant regardless.-
:wood:

If anyone feels like adding their opinion on the subject, we're currently contemplating 1) when to transplant to 10 gallon pots and 2) the best way to start trimming the leaves and training the branches for scrog. If you know a trusted article/thread or want to add your opinions we'll read it with great interest.
:nomo:

This site has great similes!:cheer: lol

Back
Top Bottom