First Time Marijuana Growers - Northern Lights Closet Grow - DWC

Also as someone else already stated, definitely get a small fan in there for air flow. A little desk fan will help and not drop temps too bad.

Okay, I have brought my pH level to 5.8, or at least what my meter thinks 5.8 is. We will redo our foliar mixture before we feed with it so that it is the correct pH. All the support is very much appreciated!

So, another problem cropping up on the horizon - we are moving at the end of April. At this point I have given the idea of a mature harvest up... anyone have any suggestions for when I show throw her into flowering to make the best of a bad situation? This has been a great learning experience for us, and we will definitely be trying again.

If ur moving in April u may as well veg her til ya move then flip IMO. U could flip it NOW and if it were mature it'd flower out and get pretty close to done in time but she's not mature yet but who knows. Were it me I would either move it with me then bloom or kill it right now before I waste another cent on power or nutes on a plant I know I wont even be harvesting, but if ud care to learn well then that's a pretty low cost crash course for sure. That's hard to put a value on.
Were it one of my first grows I would have felt inclined to keep her veggin til after the move and flip. There's a lot to gain from sticking it out for sure.

Well the only issue I have with moving her with us is security... I had wanted to take at least a month to make sure my new landlord isn't the nosy type etc before I wanted to be growing there. If I flipped her to flowering right now would I actually be able to harvest any smokeable bud? What if I do it a month from now? 2 weeks?

I'd say if you flipped now you could maturely harvest atleast something by the end of April. If I were you I would flip it and see what happens. You should be able to get a nice cola outta her I'd say!

That's a good thought. I'd go with the above advice in that case. Landlords can ruin ur day renters history and ding ur credit lol

But just thought sometimes landlord will ask to show your apartment to someone before the end of the month so be careful with either choice!! I know I've looked at apartments that people were currently living in while them not home. Be careful for sure mate!

I hate flipping while having issues. If you flip while the plant is stressed it can cause a bit more stress. You should be back in the game within a few days. Check your PH twice daily and keep it humming close to 5.8. It should show signs of growth soon if the environment is all good. Once it shows signs of growth, flip (just my opinion. I would think things would turn around by Monday). It will continue it's veg in 12/12 for a short time, and you should still have an OK amount of flower time before you chop/move.

Do you drip all day or do you have a timer on your pump? Every thing is looking great! Best of luck Bud!

We don't drip, although we have been weighing it the help it would be.

We will wait for conditions to improve a bit and then flip her, then.

I don't think I remembered to say earlier, I think I see an air pump on the ground. It needs to get raised above the water line if it's still there. Turn the power off to the pump you'll see water come flowing out of the bucket through the air pump onto your floor. If it's raised, no worries.

I don't think I remembered to say earlier, I think I see an air pump on the ground. It needs to get raised above the water line if it's still there. Turn the power off to the pump you'll see water come flowing out of the bucket through the air pump onto your floor. If it's raised, no worries.

Yeah, I have heard that. At the moment the only reason they are on the floor is because their cords don't allow them higher with their cord still passing underneath the door. I guess we need another surge protector...

Use check valves. They usually come with the airpump. Little blue or clear Guy with an arrow pointing in one direction, if ur unable to elevate ur pump. This is something that should be taken seriously Rep for mentioning it joe

Okay. We will get it taken care of.

The pH is behaving oddly. I balanced it to 5.8 last night around midnight - I checked it again before I left work work aroun 9 am and it was up to 6.6, so I rebalanced. Just came home at 6pm and it was up to 6.5 again. Is this kind of fluctuation normal?

Can u monitor your ppm? I'd be willing to bet its just the plants eating more nutes than water. Causing a rise in Ph. But unwonted speculate too much as I'm not a hydro Guy.

Can u monitor your ppm? I'd be willing to bet its just the plants eating more nutes than water. Causing a rise in Ph. But unwonted speculate too much as I'm not a hydro Guy.

Yep, I'll second that. Nutes are acidic so as they get used up the pH can rise as the ppm/EC drops (likewise if the solution's too hot and the plant's using more water than nutes the pH will drop and the ppm/EC will rise).

You may be able to increase the nutes if that's the case but you need to get good EC/ppm readings to be sure the plant needs more. Given the pH issues you've had I would wait for your plant to recover from the recent problem and just keep the pH below 6 for a bit. Once she's recovered (the affected leaves won't get better, but new growth should look nice and healthy) then you can think about increasing the nutes if necessary. But in DWC you don't necessarily need very high nute concentrations.

Just wanted to put a quick update on here: We put her into 12/12 yesterday, so we will be changing to flowering nutes tomorrow. A lot of her lower bigger leaves are still showing a lot of yellowing but it feels like now or never. I have been pH balancing every day to 5.8, usually it gets up to 6.5 or so within 24 hours. My ppm is pretty much staying above 700... keep waiting for it to fall. The new growth is very green and lovely, though. Will have pictures and a proper update soon!

Back
Top Bottom