Farside05's 2nd Auto Grow Journal - Multiple Strains

OK, my 1st grow was a learning experience. Hopefully I learned something and this one will turn out better. Here are the particulars:

Strains = 2 - Sweet Trainwreck (Sweets Seeds), 1 - Ice Cool (Sweet Seeds), 1 - Rhino Ryder (Fastbud Seeds)
Soil = Pro-Mix BX + 20% Perlite
Container = 3 gallon Smart Pots
Grow Area = Indoor, 32" x 32" x 63" tent
Lights = 2 x Mars Hydro 300w LED (old version)
Nutrients = Full line of Dyna-Gro Products
Ventilation = 6" Duct Fan attached to carbon filter, 27" tower fan

Seeds went directly into the seedless mix on 12/7/15. Before I headed to work this evening I poked my head in the tent and both Sweet Trainwreck's and the Ice Cool looked like they were breaking ground. Maybe the Rhino Ryder will join the club by morning, in which case I'd call that Day 1.

This is the feeding schedule I intend to use for this grow. Of course it may change, or I may have to drop a week out of it depending on the speed things are progressing since the Trainwrecks can finish in as little as 8 weeks.

Feeding_Schedule.jpg

I can't say that there is any proven track record with that schedule, as of yet. But I can say that on my last grow, with just Foliage-Pro for the 1st 3 weeks, and using the every watering feeding schedule (watered/fed every 2-3 days) everything was going smoothly. When I went to an increased dose and tried feeding just 1 time a week, things went off the rails. Supposedly you can go start to finish with just Foliage-Pro and Pro-Tekt. If you have the time, and haven't heard it yet, google "Dude Grows Show Dyna-Gro Interview ". It's an interesting 34 minute podcast on YouTube.

Just to be clear, when I tried feeding 1x a week. That was a heavier dose of fertilizer once weekly, then just PH'd water on the other days. They needed some sort of liquid just about every other day. That was using Pro-Mix BX with an additional 20% Perlite (Peat based soil-less mix).

When I left for work tonight the Rhino Ryder still hasn't poked her head out of the ground yet. Hoping she's just taking her time and not a dud.

Day 7 (for those that sprouted)

The Rhino Ryder turned out to be a dud. Kinda gets one a little cheesed when you pay good money for a single seed, but I understand these things happen. I dropped a Dinafem Critical + yesterday to replace her. The other 3 are progressing (2 Sweet Trainwrecks and the Ice Cool). The Ice Cool was an unexpected freebie. Must say, so far I am impressed with her progress. She's got places to go, things to do, and no time to wait around. She's thirstier than the other 2 so they aren't dried out as much as I'd like before giving them Week 2 of the scheduled feeding. Might just give her a splash until the other 2 dry out a bit more (estimate another 2 days). My camera is not playing nice with my laptop right now. I'll try to get some pics uploaded later.

I would be a little pisses too cause I know I pay 8-15$ per seed for my grow!

Yeah, she was $12. Guess I've blown money on worse things. Wasn't expecting to get the Ice Cool as an extra free sample, so it worked out, but the wife was dead set on the Rhino and the reason I paid single seed price for it.

Anyway,

I checked the girls before I left for work and it seemed like they all could use a drink. The 2 that were the most moist in the AM had dried out more by late evening. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. So they got the 1st dose of the week 2 feeding schedule (1tsp K-L-N and 1/4 tsp Pro-Tekt per gallon). All 3 got 1 liter.

Ice Cool
nl_Ice_Cool.jpg

Trainwreck #1
nl_Train_1.jpg

Trainwreck #2
nl_Train_2.jpg

Group
nl_Group2.jpg

LMAO at myself. Just noticed the typo on the title of the table. Evidently I'm feeding my Pants instead of my PLANTS! Looks like I should fix that. I don't need any help making my pants bigger. I do that already by feeding me very well.

And now there are 4. Today is day 1 for the Critical +, day 10 for the rest. Looks like everyone is getting ready for another drink according to the chart based on their age.

Day 13

Couple days late posting pics and status. The Ice Cool continues to thrive. She's mine mess up. As long as I continue to treat her nice I think she's gonna be the prized plant of this grow. The Trainwrecks are a lighter shade of green than the Ice Cool. Everyone was getting a bit thirsty so the Trainwrecks and Ice Cool got their 1st taste of nutes (Week 3 of table). Hopefully a little nitrogen will green up the Trainwrecks and give them a kick start. Although the Critical wasn't quite into her 2nd week yet, I fed her based on Week 2 of the table. She may just catch the Trainwrecks since she seems to be off to a quick start too.

nl_IMAG1856.jpg

Day 15 - Merry Christmas

The girls are getting close to needing another drink. Probably will get one tomorrow. Although still not as dark green as the Ice Cool, the Trainwrecks are getting a bit greener, and the bigger of the two is showing quite a few tiny new leaves. The lights were at 24". Moved them down to 18". Have a feeling this party is fixin' to kick it up a notch.

Well shit. The Ice Cool didn't like that feeding schedule. She has some nute burn. The Trainwrecks were fed exactly the same and show no burn. They got another drink today. Backed the Foliage-Pro down to 1/8tsp per gallon from 1/4tsp.

Also decided to order some more lighting. Adding another 2 of the old style Mars Hydro 300 Watt LED's. That will give me 4, one for each plant. Will probably take about a week for them to get here. Didn't ask the wife for permission. Operating on the act now and ask for forgiveness later policy...lol

Back
Top Bottom