Does this plant look overwatered? Wilting?

it's all good. unfortunate about the caps.

i don't think you'll get it much better than it is now. and it is ok, just a bit fat and lazy. the newer leaves look a touch puffy, but i notice they are smoothing out over time.

a continuous over water will have the older leaves puffy as well.

don't worry about not being perfect, and i wouldn't buy a scale if you don't have one.

i really don't want you spending unnecessary money. cheapest is a bucket that will hold the same amount of media. you will probably have no trouble judging it just from that.

all good.

edit : if you can - cancel the scale and probe orders. you don't need to spend on it.
I didn’t order the scale yet and won’t the probe is already being delivered today and only cost $11 buck so it’s not an issue. I’m going to give the plants more time to recover from the OW and will keep you posted on the issue

I understand those techniques for how to tell if it dry or still wet but yes I’m a new grower and don’t feel comfortable trying to do that as it would be hard for me to tell days later if the pot has become dry or if it feels like the same weight. I decided I’m just going to let the plants dry out until they show signs of being dried out so I don’t repeat the overwatering. Is this an ok way to be sure of not overwatering?

i'm going to default to the judge by weight and your own judgement method. honestly, just get a bucket that will hold the same amount of media and fill it with the dry media to judge.

if you are in 5 gal cloth it's perfect. just get a 5 gal plastic with lid and fill it. the heavier bucket almost always works out terrific against the weight of a mature dry plant in cloth. you don't need to be perfect. just happy ballpark.

edit : once you get used to the plant you can corelate whats going on with the timing and amount of droop as well. before that, straight weight by feel works the best.

i'm going to default to the judge by weight and your own judgement method. honestly, just get a bucket that will hold the same amount of media and fill it with the dry media to judge.

if you are in 5 gal cloth it's perfect. just get a 5 gal plastic with lid and fill it. the heavier bucket almost always works out terrific against the weight of a mature dry plant in cloth. you don't need to be perfect. just happy ballpark.
Ok so the only issue is I don’t have soil to fill another pot to be able to compare with or that’s a great idea to be able to judge by. I guess I will have to get experience and mistakes help you to learn so this is a learning experience. I feel like the added 2 cups of recharge may have helped but also reset the time it will take to dry out therefore I will let it dry out completely and by this I mean I won’t water until it shows signs of being under watered.

recharge doesn't do anything for a growing plant. it's more for soil conditioning for microbes etc. won't have an effect on watering or nute uptake. it's probably a happy accident.

Ok so the only issue is I don’t have soil to fill another pot to be able to compare with or that’s a great idea to be able to judge by.

that's a bit of a stumper. muscle memory is the best thing to go by. i would pick them up now, and judge the weight between them.
then do the same going forward twice a day, once morning, once evening. you will feel the difference. when the non puffy 2 are drooping during mid day, give them a lift and feed either that day or the next. that will be your "dry" weight.

edit : it actually takes them a bit drier than i like, but will give you a great base weight to judge. don't let them go so far in future watering.

recharge doesn't do anything for a growing plant. it's more for soil conditioning for microbes etc. won't have an effect on watering or nute uptake. it's probably a happy accident.
i don’t think that statement is totally accurate and if so then it adds to the fact of why it was used during watering and not nutrient feeding. Recharge does helps break down nutrients for uptake

Recharge does helps break down nutrients for uptake

your issue has never been nutrients.

in fact you are a bit n heavy .. nothing to worry and also very common in fat indicas and your nute choice.

edit : whatever you do leave the base nutes where you are as that is going fantastic. i wouldn't care about the recharge so much. it's often only used if you re-use media in between grows.

that's a bit of a stumper. muscle memory is the best thing to go by. i would pick them up now, and judge the weight between them.
then do the same going forward twice a day, once morning, once evening. you will feel the difference. when the non puffy 2 are drooping during mid day, give them a lift and feed either that day or the next. that will be your "dry" weight.

edit : it actually takes them a bit drier than i like, but will give you a great base weight to judge. don't let them go so far in future watering.
Ok so I will try this lift method daily until it’s seems lite.

in fact you are a bit n heavy .. nothing to worry and also very common in fat indicas and your nute choice.
I never said nutrients were a problem lol by what makes you say I’m “heavy” on the nutrients?

The recharge was done because it’s part of my cycle and I wanted to add it to the feedings. Plus there is benefits to using it undoubtedly.

Are my leaves to dark of a green? Is that why you said I look heavy on nutrients?

edit : whatever you do leave the base nutes where you are as that is going fantastic. i wouldn't care about the recharge so much. it's often only used if you re-use media in between grows.
Idk if this info helps but it’s a 50/50 hybrid not a 100% indica

Are my leaves to dark of a green? Is that why you said I look heavy on nutrients?

you're n heavy. as in the n of n p k. no big deal for an indica in this media. i load my plants up on n a little in veg on purpose.

edit : and yes they are a bit green and i love it.

Idk if this info helps but it’s a 50/50 hybrid not a 100% indica

those are heavy indica dom. and i mean heavy. you must have got a steep set of phenos.

you're n heavy. as in the n of n p k. no big deal for an indica in this media. i load my plants up on n a little in veg on purpose.
Well I’m only using calmag ( 2 ML ) FF big bloom ( 20 ML ) and FF Grow Big ( 5ML ) with 1/2 of stack blend as on the 4/28 feeding but it was 850 ppm

edit : and yes they are a bit green and i love it.
It’s also grown in fox farms Happy frog so maybe with the fertilizer in the soil plus the added nutrients it’s a bit N heavy

Well I’m only using calmag ( 2 ML ) FF big bloom ( 20 ML ) and FF Grow Big ( 5ML ) with 1/2 of stack blend as on the 4/28 feeding but it was 850 ppm

seems alot.. how much water is that being mixed with that and what does the mfgr recommended schedule ask for in that media ?

it sounds hot with nutes in the media. but i wanna stress they look good to me in the pics.

seems alot.. how much water is that being mixed with that and what does the mfgr recommended schedule ask for in that media ?
1 gallon as recommended. It calls for a 6 teaspoons of BIG BLOOM and 1 tsp of GROW BIG as for the CALMAG calls for 2 ML and the stash blend 1/2 tsp

it sounds hot with nutes in the media. but i wanna stress they look good to me in the pics.
Ok so I started the grow with the center being non fertilized soil but the outer portion has FFHF I just added nutrients to the feeding on 4/28. These plants are 22 days from seed or 18 days from sprout

It’s also grown in fox farms Happy frog so maybe with the fertilizer in the soil plus the added nutrients it’s a bit N heavy

i'm thinking something the same. but again you don't look anything terrible. it looks great to me but maybe a bit n heavy.
there's nothing in the pics i'm at all worried about.

that ppm level with a nuted soil has me ??? wtf though. i peak about 1120 - 1200 with a neutral media late flower and finish a little lower.

1 gallon as recommended. It calls for a 6 teaspoons of BIG BLOOM and 1 tsp of GROW BIG as for the CALMAG calls for 2 ML and the stash blend 1/2 tsp

i do everything is in ml/gal or ml/L with syringes if it's liquid and by g/gal or g/L if its a dry nute diluted. i'm not sure where to take that mix with tsp as a measure.

as a quick guess that looks like it's a flower schedule nute level. have you flipped ? not saying its wrong, it just seems a bit weird.

all i can say is they still look good to me in the pics.

i'm thinking something the same. but again you don't look anything terrible. it looks great to me but maybe a bit n heavy.
there's nothing in the pics i'm at all worried about.

that ppm level with a nuted soil has me ??? wtf though. i peak about 1120 - 1200 with a neutral media late flower and finish a little lower.

i do everything is in ml/gal or ml/L with syringes if it's liquid and by g/gal or g/L if its a dry nute diluted. i'm not sure where to take that mix with tsp as a measure.

as a quick guess that looks like it's a flower schedule nute level. have you flipped ? not saying its wrong, it just seems a bit weird.

all i can say is they still look good to me in the pics.
This is the schedule I followed for the fox farm trios. The PPM was before feeding not a run off measurement. I haven’t done a runoff measurement because I haven’t fed enough to get runoff yet.

I also started the feeding schedule at week 2

IMG_1866.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom