Does this plant look overwatered? Wilting?

SimeonToko

It’s a girls scout monkey F1 from Mephisto and it’s seems to be wilting from overwatering but because it’s not dramatic I can’t really tell? I gave it 8 cups of water Sunday morning ( 4/28 ) and this is a photo from today please help. Yesterday it seemed more perky but it seems to droopy today. Temps are 75-80 under an onboard S24 at 18 inches and about 550 par reading. The plant on the top left is the plant I’m speaking of the other on the bottom right is for reference. See how healthy and perky it seems. GSM ON TOP LEFT AND PPxC ( pink panama X chemdogging ) on right bottom

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1832.jpeg

they look ok. what's the media ?
i'm guessing it's just a big fat indica. they can be sensitive to water issues.

have you read up on watering yet ?

Yes I did read up on it today as I searched through the forum and found that link. The medium is FFHF with about 10% added perlite in it. If I’m being honest right after this picture I gave 2 cups of recharge ph’d water to see if it would help and since being watered a bit it seems to have perked up a little bit no much so it could be from the lights being on now for about 4 hours.

Here’s a picture from right now after lights on for 4 hours and 2 cups of recharge ( I will not water that plant again until I see actual droopy. Does that sound like a good idea?

you're not watering correct. you can't mini-water all the time without messing it up. get on a wet / dry cycle and water that way. if i have multiple plants i'll work keeping the majority happy and let them dictate how i feed/water.

if one needs a little more or less its pretty easy to adjust for it. normally they just have to live with what i give them.

they're doing ok.

you're not watering correct. you can't mini-water all the time without messing it up. get on a wet / dry cycle and water that way. if i have multiple plants i'll work keeping the majority happy and let them dictate how i feed/water.

if one needs a little more or less its pretty easy to adjust for it. normally they just have to live with what i give them.

they're doing ok.
Only the picture with the single plant I’m worried about. I only feed them on Sunday which was 4 days ago but the one plant never looked “perky” as to why I asked if “IT” looked over watered. I have a very small amount of recharge today to see if the plant would react to it because of the droopy look it has so the second picture is to compare the too plants. Here’s a picture to understand which plant I’m talking about and if it looked overwatered.

IMG_1860.jpeg

You plant looks OK. At this time there does not appear to be anything wrong with it. Actually both plants look OK.

...but the one plant never looked “perky” as to why I asked if “IT” looked over watered. I have a very small amount of recharge today to see if the plant would react to it because of the droopy look it has...
If you are worried that the one plant is over-watered then the last thing you want to do is give it more water to see if and how it will react. Adding some Recharge to the water ahead of time will not make it an OK thing to do.

Yes I did read up on it today as I searched through the forum and found that link. The medium is FFHF with about 10% added perlite in it. If I’m being honest right after this picture I gave 2 cups of recharge ph’d water to see if it would help and since being watered a bit it seems to have perked up a little bit no much so it could be from the lights being on now for about 4 hours.
Read the thread and follow the advice in it. I do not remember it ever saying in that thread that it is a good idea to keep watering a plant that is in soil that is already too wet.

Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

We can try look at this from another angle and maybe figure out what you are seeing. How much water are you giving the plants? How often are you watering them?

And, what are you feeding them? Recharge is not a fertilizer and it does not directly feed the plants.

Ok so you can understand what I said… I gave the plant 8 cups of water (nutrients) Sunday today being Thursday I ONLY gave 2 cup because I wanted to give recharge to the plant. I never said in that link it said “ if overwatered give more water “ thank you for your input tho I appreciate the feed back

you can't feed on a time schedule in that media. you'll have to do it by weight.
Yeah I understand that put it’s not practical to stick your finger a 1/4 in the soil to see if it’s dry because there could be moisture in the bottom. I ordered a moisture meter that should arrive today but I only wanted the question answered DOES IT LOOK OVERWATERED thats all lol

you can't feed on a time schedule in that media. you'll have to do it by weight.
I don’t have a scale for accurate of weighting the pot and I’m not good at weighting a pot on Sunday and remembering the weight in my head everyday until I think it’s lite. The question was does the plant look overwatered but thank you

You plant looks OK. At this time there does not appear to be anything wrong with it. Actually both plants look OK.

If you are worried that the one plant is over-watered then the last thing you want to do is give it more water to see if and how it will react. Adding some Recharge to the water ahead of time will not make it an OK thing to do.

Read the thread and follow the advice in it. I do not remember it ever saying in that thread that it is a good idea to keep watering a plant that is in soil that is already too wet.

Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

We can try look at this from another angle and maybe figure out what you are seeing. How much water are you giving the plants? How often are you watering them?

And, what are you feeding them? Recharge is not a fertilizer and it does not directly feed the plants.
Here’s the one I have access to while at work I can post better ones in a few hours

IMG_1855.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

DOES IT LOOK OVER WATERED THATS all

easy there. no need to be pissy.
judging by the first non blurry pic of the plant you posted now, i still say it looks ok.

possibly a bit over, but nothing i'd worry on a fat lazy indica. you look good. and the media doesn't look wet. in fact the opposite. you're entering a dry cycle or close.

bit puffy coming in but that's not outside for some indica phenos.

I don’t have a scale for accurate of weighting the pot and I’m not good at weighting a pot on Sunday and remembering the weight in my head everyday until I think it’s lite.

a bucket with the same amount of dry media is a good indicator. judge it against that. the lift method is what everyone defaults to over time.
it might take some time to get used to it if you haven't grown before. it will come. using a bathroom scale if you have in the meantime is a good way to get moving the right way.

The question was does the plant look overwatered but thank you

question was answered. you're puffy but ok.

I ordered a moisture meter that should arrive today

they can be notoriously inaccurate. the blue lab probes do work ok.

easy there. no need to be pissy.
judging by the first non blurry pic of the plant you posted now, i still say it looks ok.

possibly a bit over, but nothing i'd worry on a fat lazy indica. you look good. and the media doesn't look wet. in fact the opposite. you're entering a dry cycle or close.

bit puffy coming in but that's not outside for some indica phenos.

a bucket with the same amount of dry media is a good indicator. judge it against that. the lift method is what everyone defaults to over time.
it might take some time to get used to it if you haven't grown before. it will come. using a bathroom scale if you have in the meantime is a good way to get moving the right way.

question was answered. you're puffy but ok.

they can be notoriously inaccurate. the blue lab probes do work ok.
No I’m not pissy I didn’t notice the caps lol and I was only saying if I correctly identified it as overwatered rather then under watered. I am going to order a scale to weight it because I have anxiety of not being perfect when doing things like this. I also ordered a moisture meter for soil which should arrive today. Sorry if I seemed upset just was looking for a definite answer of whether it looked over or under watered. Cheers mate

I gave the plant 8 cups of water (nutrients) Sunday
OK, I had thought that you gave them Recharge on Sunday and now wanted to give more.

But, no matter how I look at what you have mentioned so far then it is a lot of water. Adding the Recharge in two more cups of water will not do any good.

The question was does the plant look overwatered
Yes it does look like it could be a bit over-watered. It does not look like it is out of control so I did not see it as a problem if no water is added for several days. My concern was that your message reads like you wanted to add more water to see what happens.

Thing is that I am not there to pick up the container or to stick a finger into the top layer of soil.

You do not need a scale to weigh the pot of soil. Pick it up for several inches and with some experience you will be able to tell if it is heavy or light. With some experience you will also get an idea of how wet the top inch or two of soil is just by using a finger.

No I’m not pissy I didn’t notice the caps lol and I was only saying if I correctly identified it as overwatered rather then under watered. I am going to order a scale to weight it because I have anxiety of not being perfect when doing things like this. I also ordered a moisture meter for soil which should arrive today. Sorry if I seemed upset just was looking for a definite answer of whether it looked over or under watered. Cheers mate
I just noticed the bottom info you gave about the bathroom scale and moisture meter. I did some research and ordered the xlux moisture meter which seems to be pretty accurate and I will order a bathroom scale. I don’t have more media to fill another pot and weight so hopefully the moisture meter and bathroom scale help.

I decided I’m not going to water until I see actual effects from being dry does that sound good?

No I’m not pissy I didn’t notice the caps lol
it's all good. unfortunate about the caps.

and I was only saying if I correctly identified it as overwatered rather then under watered.

i don't think you'll get it much better than it is now. and it is ok, just a bit fat and lazy. the newer leaves look a touch puffy, but i notice they are smoothing out over time.

a continuous over water will have the older leaves puffy as well.

I am going to order a scale to weight it because I have anxiety of not being perfect when doing things like this.

don't worry about not being perfect, and i wouldn't buy a scale if you don't have one.

I also ordered a moisture meter for soil which should arrive today.

i really don't want you spending unnecessary money. cheapest is a bucket that will hold the same amount of media. you will probably have no trouble judging it just from that.

Sorry if I seemed upset just was looking for a definite answer of whether it looked over or under watered.

all good.

edit : if you can - cancel the scale and probe orders. you don't need to spend on it.

OK, I had thought that you gave them Recharge on Sunday and now wanted to give more.

But, no matter how I look at what you have mentioned so far then it is a lot of water. Adding the Recharge in two more cups of water will not do any good.

Yes it does look like it could be a bit over-watered. It does not look like it is out of control so I did not see it as a problem if no water is added for several days. My concern was that your message reads like you wanted to add more water to see what happens.

Thing is that I am not there to pick up the container or to stick a finger into the top layer of soil.

You do not need a scale to weigh the pot of soil. Pick it up for several inches and with some experience you will be able to tell if it is heavy or light. With some experience you will also get an idea of how wet the top inch or two of soil is just by using a finger.
I understand those techniques for how to tell if it dry or still wet but yes I’m a new grower and don’t feel comfortable trying to do that as it would be hard for me to tell days later if the pot has become dry or if it feels like the same weight. I decided I’m just going to let the plants dry out until they show signs of being dried out so I don’t repeat the overwatering. Is this an ok way to be sure of not overwatering?

Back
Top Bottom