Dennise Growing Under A Znet4 In Soilless Medium With Growology

We love you Chin.....:circle-of-love:

Thank You Denise, you put a smile on my face this morning. I Love you guys as well, even GardenFarie.

Denise, I have been meaning to ask, how do you prepare your promix medium before you put plants in? I can't get the PH to equalize and I need to bring it down a bit. The pots are 6.5-6.6 and run-off is at 6.0. I didn't prepare the medium properly, so I think this is what's giving me some minor deficiencies, leaf roll, little tiny spots of yellow, plus I don't want any long term issues once I go to flower. The Growology is fantastic and for the most part they appear to be going gangbusters, but that can end quickly if I'm not attending to all of their needs. I hate bugging you about this stuff, but I'm trying to mirror what your doing and with the success you've shown, I know I'm on the right track.

Dennise, I suppose you can show some pictures of the male and fem beans here:circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
:passitleft: High Twilight.... Hit that and let me try and figure out what your talking about.......:circle-of-love:
Thank You Denise, you put a smile on my face this morning. I Love you guys as well, even GardenFarie.

Denise, I have been meaning to ask, how do you prepare your promix medium before you put plants in? I can't get the PH to equalize and I need to bring it down a bit. The pots are 6.5-6.6 and run-off is at 6.0. I didn't prepare the medium properly, so I think this is what's giving me some minor deficiencies, leaf roll, little tiny spots of yellow, plus I don't want any long term issues once I go to flower. The Growology is fantastic and for the most part they appear to be going gangbusters, but that can end quickly if I'm not attending to all of their needs. I hate bugging you about this stuff, but I'm trying to mirror what your doing and with the success you've shown, I know I'm on the right track.
I don't add anything to it but when I water I add 1 tsp cal/mag but other than that it is just ProMix with step 1 added at 1 tsp per gallon of medium then water with either step 2 or 3 (depending on where you are of course) and 1 tsp cal/mag....:circle-of-love:
I'm not having sloppy seconds :thedoubletake:
:high-five:.....:circle-of-love:

HAHA , I am high~~:lot-o-toke::roorrip:

:passitleft: High Twilight.... Hit that and let me try and figure out what your talking about.......:circle-of-love:

I don't add anything to it but when I water I add 1 tsp cal/mag but other than that it is just ProMix with step 1 added at 1 tsp per gallon of medium then water with either step 2 or 3 (depending on where you are of course) and 1 tsp cal/mag....:circle-of-love:

So if I'm understanding you correctly, before you place a plant into a big pot/final home, the promix is watered through with step 2/3 beforehand in preparation for the new plant? You don't check the PH or run-off of the soon-to-be-home of the incoming plant, before placing it into the medium? Just wondering? I had thought step 2 would bring the PH down enough, but that assumption was wrong and now I need to get some PH down to equalize medium and run-off before I can go to flower.

I have been amazed at the effectiveness of the Growology. I'm so glad I came across your journal because I don't think I would have made the switch from soil to soiless without your example. Thanks for showing everybody what's possible with these nutrients. I'll never use anything else for my Cannabis plants.

Hi Dennise :ciao:

Hope everything is well under the purple glow my friend. :)
:circle-of-love:

p.s. Will the Wild Thai be getting the re-veg??
I have a clone of her going now that will be potted up into a 5 gal pot soon. She seems to have rooted really well so I think I'm good with that and I do have a couple more beans of her.... The only re-veg I have done was by accident and that is the SBR I threw out in the backyard after chopping her due to spider mites....:goof:.......:circle-of-love:
I don't know's (but there needs to be a Black to Black bean in a paper towel) on third over there Fifi.

What Spimp said. Anything I can do you can do better. Did I say that right?
I love you too Broke Ass.... As soon as I get back I promise......:circle-of-love:
HAHA , I am high~~:lot-o-toke::roorrip:
:passitleft: Wake and bake time.......:circle-of-love:
So if I'm understanding you correctly, before you place a plant into a big pot/final home, the promix is watered through with step 2/3 beforehand in preparation for the new plant? You don't check the PH or run-off of the soon-to-be-home of the incoming plant, before placing it into the medium? Just wondering? I had thought step 2 would bring the PH down enough, but that assumption was wrong and now I need to get some PH down to equalize medium and run-off before I can go to flower.

I have been amazed at the effectiveness of the Growology. I'm so glad I came across your journal because I don't think I would have made the switch from soil to soiless without your example. Thanks for showing everybody what's possible with these nutrients. I'll never use anything else for my Cannabis plants.
I don't check it really at all unless there looks to be a problem and I really haven't had any pH issues when using the ProMix and Growology.
Thank you so much for the kind words but it is really easy to promote a product you believe in and I am thrilled I helped you make your decisions and that it is working for ya.......:circle-of-love:

Hi Dennise :ciao:

My experience with Growology regarding pH is this---
My tap runs extremely high most of the time. Like 8.5 high.
The step 2 literally brings the pH down to almost exactly 6.5.
The step 3 I usually adjust with pH drops to around 6.5.

It has been my experience that the more variables you can control, the better cushion you provide for your plants. I have ran non-pH'd and pH'd grows and the pH's have been far more trouble free. :wood:

I will say that I ran a 3 month reveg without pH-ing one time and the plant grew. It had the typical leaf damage associated with houseplants (few dead leaves, spotting, etc) but it grew and produced buds. Plants and soil somewhat can buffer the pH and if you have good tap water, issues should be minimal. But I do suggest pH-ing especially for newer growers.

Sorry for the tangent Dennise. :) I'm jealous of the Clone success! :woohoo:

Spimp I use purified bottled water for my girls. I won't even cook with the water here. The last water report I got stated there were only 9 contaminants in the tap water... REALLY! Only 9!!!!! I use it to bath in and that is about it and If I could find a way to use bottled water for that and not go broke I would. I don't know if that helps with the pH issues but if it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it so hopefully it will stay unbroke......:circle-of-love:

Got about the last update on the Wild Thai for waterings.... She is 73 days in flower and was watered with 1 gallon of purified water only. She will be chopped either tomorrow or Sat. Her trichs are completely cloudy now and a pretty good amount of ambers...:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:
DSC072872.JPG
DSC072881.JPG
DSC072891.JPG
DSC072901.JPG
DSC072921.JPG
DSC072971.JPG
DSC072982.JPG
DSC072991.JPG
DSC073001.JPG
DSC073011.JPG
DSC073031.JPG
DSC073052.JPG
DSC073062.JPG

As usual, perfection. I can smell that Thai now.
Ya know... Oddly enough she doesn't have much smell at all or I have gotten used to it. My fella can't stand to be in that room so maybe there is a bit of a smell and I am just used to it....:blushsmile:.....:circle-of-love:
I'll be sorry to see her go as she's such a beautiful specimen. Are you planning on re-veging her?
Garden is correct. I took a clone by accident but it lived so there ya go......:circle-of-love:
I think she said she has a clone.
Yep....:circle-of-love:

I would love to see you and your green thumbs do a re-veg Lady Dee.

Back
Top Bottom