Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Here's a little auto ultimate action.... dutch passion autoflowers are top notch
20151024_170236.jpg

Atrain, thebeast,

This thread and what some members are able to do has started some rethinking about my growing approach.

I have a good size vege room with a 4x6 flower room whiten it. Everything is supposed to be perpetual. The vege side has about 700W of t5s and t8s and a 400 HPS in another area.

My question is, how far along would this lighting be enough to get good results? Another is, would switching to 12/12 of 1000W HPS in flower (bud) help the yield or would the extra daylight be needed?

I have been trying to get a mix of larger and smaller genetics going. The whole idea is to get some variety going.

My day and night temperatures run on the high side most times of the year. Problem?

The idea would be to add in one or two that would hopefully be keepers.

TIA

Best
canyon

An important consideration with small CFLs as well Atrain. A fact I exploited in unconventional ways in my first grow with these two strains I know from experience to be easy to cultivate and decent producers. If I could pull over 2oz off each in an open closet and using CFLs, think of what Atrain could have done with them. Oh yeah, he won POTM with the auto he grew at the same time. LOL!

Buddha Magnum Auto. In Living Organic Soil, under free-hanging strings of CFLs.

image20146.jpg

My first harvest.

Harvesting my dancing Buddha (Buddha Magnum Auto), Day 82 from seed. February 25, 2015.

image20238.jpg

Dry weight, 57 grams.-

THC Bomb Auto

image20141.jpg

The harvest of the Bomb (THC Bomb Auto), Day 86 from seed. March 1, 2015.

image20556.jpg

Dry weight, 70 grams.

image20143.jpg

Final harvest total: 4.5 ounces

image21431.jpg

The first run of an LOS no-till that only gets better with each cycle. Totally stress-free grow. It hooked me for life. :laughtwo:

Back before I discovered LOS I was preparing to go extremely low budget and forage for plants that could be used as effective fertilizers. Because I was planning to run autos I took the time to figure out how they would be best used for an accelerated auto grow. I thought this might come in handy here.

I was working with four different plants that I'd figured would cover the cannabis needs best.

Dandelion: potassium, phosphorous, iron
Nettle: nitrogen, potassium, calcium, iron, copper, sodium, sulphur, formic acid, ammonia, carbonic acid, magnesium
Comfrey x 2: nitrogen, phosphorous, calcium, iron, potassium
Burdock: potassium, phosphorous, magnesium

Life Needs

Seedling: water (good soil)
Pre-flowering: lots of Nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, trace (nettle 4, comfrey 3)
Flowering: higher in phosphorus and potassium (dandelion 5, comfrey 6, burdock 7)

Autoflowering schedule

Note: this is based on a schedule I found somewhere on feeding an auto, so where it says 1/2 veg or 1/4 bloom, etc., it's talking about how you'd feed with bottled nutes. I left that in to remind myself not to overdo the fertilization.

1 week (seedling) water
2week (begin veg) water
3 week (veg) 1/4 veg, unless soil had nutrients added, then water (comfrey)
- begin when there are two sets of leaves
4 week (pre-flower) 1/2 veg (nettle)
5 week ( first flowers) 1/4 bloom or 1/8 bloom + 1/8 veg (dandelion)
6 week (flowering) 1/2 bloom (comfrey)
7 week (flowering) 1/2 bloom (burdock)
8 week (flowering) water
9 week (flowering & harvest) water till harvest

Just some guidelines that may be helpful to someone. I never used this, because I found LOS and never looked back.

I have seen documentation of successful grows using only comfrey. Something to keep in mind.

Thank you Atrain. I've had that list stored in my iPhone for almost a year now, waiting for this moment in time. :laughtwo:

Great stuff in here! +reps to anyone I can give them to. :)

Something I read somewhere about raising autos is if they are on 24 hour light flowering can be delayed while the plant still grows in size then once they start flowering lower the hours to 20 or 18.

Has anyone else heard or know about it and does it make sense?

Planning to start my breeding run this week and figured I'd try that tho I'm not going for size so may stick to 20. Going to be using my old bank of T-12s. 8 4 footers mounted on plywood so the lights are closer together than if left in the shop light mountings. Going over to post pics in my grow thread now. I made a tent for my basement outside the grow room and it's chilly in there so may need to leave the lights on 24/7 to keep an even heat. Just 2x2s and panda cloth plastic..

Definitely using the feeding tactics laid out in here. :thumb:

:peace:

Old med what's up buddy.... here's my 2 cents on your situation.. if you need them on to maintain your temps 8n the 70s run 24/0.... they will do great I have seen a bunch of 24/0 grows.... since its only a seed and breeding project why waste your money on the power bill. If your temps don't get too low run 18/6 the entire grow. I just now switched to 20/4 and like stated I saw a slight yield increase... but if you turn back to the front page ALL of the autos in that post are 18/6. They'll get plenty enough light to develope nicely and be easier on your wallet. I'm heading over to sub on this seeds project good luck man

My largest yield indoors off an auto so far was from Buddha Seeds, Auto Syrup. I got 7.8oz dry. It was very stoney.

I can show a smoke report for it.

I just harvest 6 auto Mazars and I think I will get very close to 2lbs dry from them. Let me take a quick pick of one that is dry but not yet cured.

First, here is the Syrup review, which also shows the bud up close.

In the very beginning of this vid, we show the bud up close. We also review several other auto strains I grew. Just search "review" on the youtube channel.

[video=youtube;9PVRT3kXG_c]
[/video]

Here are some pics of autos I grew.

Euforia1.jpg

darkdevil.jpg

sour-diesel-auto.jpg

Let me get this mazar pic uploaded. It came out so frosty

Started my first auto/indoor coming up on the 4th day now. I've grown outdoors for about 8 years and wanted to try something new. I'm running 2 32w 6500k and 4 23w 5000k CFls. Would that be enough light till flowering kicks in?

Flowering is going to begin rather quickly, around week 3-4 in many cases. I'd say you have this plant covered for now. Atrain may think differently, so I'd wait to hear from him. I only made the magic work with autos once, but I did it with CFLs, and my experience says yes. Do you have them over the canopy or surrounding the plant?

Subbed
New grower here and started off with autos because I thought it would be easier. Got my seeds about the same time I found this forum. Buddy of mine that's an old school grower didn't have much good to say about autos but I thought I'd try them anyway. Imagine my surprise when I found some pics of some of the plants y'all have been churning out. I never imagined that an auto could produce so much. I'm nearing 5 weeks from seed on my grow (see link in signature) and so far so good, at least in my rookie mind. The info I've gathered from posts made by several in this thread has been invaluable, thanks for your contributions. Already trying to figure out what I'm going to grow next. Primarily looking for something for pain relief, the wife has fibromyalgia. Any suggestions? I think someone mentioned White Widow for pain relief on the 1st page. I had been considering Blue Mystic.

Started my first auto/indoor coming up on the 4th day now. I've grown outdoors for about 8 years and wanted to try something new. I'm running 2 32w 6500k and 4 23w 5000k CFls. Would that be enough light till flowering kicks in?
You should be good for now brother... just make sure you come up with some creative way to keep them super close and surround the plant... with cfl if it's not touching your good...

Back
Top Bottom