Zkittlez, Skywalker & Kosher Kushes By CoffeeShopSeeds

New Name For Chunky Cherry Thai x Dos-si-do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Azi, I ordered some malted barley flower to see if I can shave a few days or a week from my flowering time on these candidas. Have you used it?
Hi Otter, I am also going to try this. Azi suggested it to me a couple of days ago in fact, and I've been looking it up. I'm interested to see that others on the site have tried it and been impressed with results. You'll no doubt report on your experiments. I look forward.

Hi Otter, I am also going to try this. Azi suggested it to me a couple of days ago in fact, and I've been looking it up. I'm interested to see that others on the site have tried it and been impressed with results. You'll no doubt report on your experiments. I look forward.
I will. I ordered it from Build a Soil so it should be here in a couple of days. I've heard a lot of things on this stuff, why not try it! Clackamas Coot hasn't sent me down the wrong path yet!
Started building the cages today. Pics when they're done.

I will. I ordered it from Build a Soil so it should be here in a couple of days. I've heard a lot of things on this stuff, why not try it! Clackamas Coot hasn't sent me down the wrong path yet!
Started building the cages today. Pics when they're done.
Ok good. I reread your original post and it said you ordered "malted barley flower" and I wondered if you really meant malted barley  flour since it's really the ground up seeds we want, but BAS works closely with Coot so I'm sure they'll send you the right stuff.

GETTING CAGEY UPDATE

It's time! Won't be long before these limbs are holding weight! I can't believe all the bud they have! I can't get in to trim like I want so they're going to be thick. I took off some more limbs today and some inner unlit small branches but you should see in there! I'm going to have to pick as I go to thin. One cage made, one to go. Tomorrow's another day! Hey we got some rain yesterday, maybe measurable! More please.

Sounds good! We're really looking to the oil! I didn't think of smoking it. Is there an advantage to that? I'm not averse! How do you folks use it?
The oil is good for internal inflammation but takes a couple of weeks of daily use to get any effects. My wife takes 3 capsules a day for a total of ~30mg CBD. Smoking the flower can give an instant calming feeling and takes the edge off an anxious THC high, but it doesn't provide the medical relief that the oil does over time.

The oil is good for internal inflammation but takes a couple of weeks of daily use to get any effects. My wife takes 3 capsules a day for a total of ~30mg CBD. Smoking the flower can give an instant calming feeling and takes the edge off an anxious THC high, but it doesn't provide the medical relief that the oil does over time.
We're both going to benefit from using it like your wife. I suspect my issue has lots to do with inflammation, her too. It's my diagnosis that she has more fear than a person needs so maybe the smoking can come into play. Hmmm. Me too when I watch the hearings for example. I get pretty excited for those hours! Haven't missed a minute! I certainly feel an adrenaline rush during those times. Probably not the healthiest thing, however I'm not dead yet! ;) :hookah:

Only thing to keep in mind is that having a constant stream of CBD circulating in your blood will change the way you respond to THC. My wife smokes a lot more flower than any of her friends and is never as high as they are on the same weed. But she keeps on with the CBD capsules because she's happy to be in less pain. It's a trade-off she's fine with.

I'm sure @HashGirl can give you info on how it affects her as well.

Only thing to keep in mind is that having a constant stream of CBD circulating in your blood will change the way you respond to THC. My wife smokes a lot more flower than any of her friends and is never as high as they are on the same weed. But she keeps on with the CBD capsules because she's happy to be in less pain. It's a trade-off she's fine with.

I'm sure @HashGirl can give you info on how it affects her as well.
That's fine. I like to get high. I need to feel better. Ms O may feel differently but I don't think so when we both start to feel better. That's the hope. Worth the try! I'm not can't spending $$ on store bought cbd. It costs a fortune to use like this!

JMS MADE UPDATE
TESTING 1, 2

Good day all! I've been making Jadam Microbe Solution for the purpose of seeing if spraying it on the Candida's will keep a layer of microbes on all leaf surfaces to help thwart off powdery mildew and bud rot, and who knows what else. I'll also thin it out and use it to drench them too. Azimuth has posted some great information and I got the recipe from him:
Mini-Me JMS

(Jadam Microorganism Solution)

The recipes used in Jadam were all written using amounts suitable for small farms. Since we gardeners operate at a much smaller scale, we have to adapt them for our purposes.

The original JMS recipe starts with 500 Liters or 132 gallons of water. It then adds 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) of leaf mold soil, 1 kg (2.2 lb) boiled potato, and 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) of sea salt. The mix then gets diluted 1:10 with more water before use.

Here it is scaled down for 1L or 1Qt, which is then diluted into 10L or 2.5 gallons to give to your plants

1 Liter / 1 Qt Non-chlorinated water (I use rain water)
1 Gram / 1/8 tsp Leaf Mold Soil or Red Worm Castings
1 Gram / 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
2 Gram / 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Dried Potato Flakes

Mix it all together, cover and let it sit near the plants you'll use it on so you will be culturing the microbes that will thrive in that environment. Depending on temperatures it will be done in anywhere from 2 days to a week or so.

I sometimes heat the potato flakes and a small amount of the water in the microwave, maybe 1min on high. It seems to help the flakes dissolve, although it works fine without doing that. I also often make half the amount depending on how much I plan to use.

The reason you need so little of the microbe ingredient is because of their ability to multiply. According to Master Cho, the microbes will double every 30 minutes or so. So even if you have the world's worst leaf mold soil or the world's worst worms which make the world's worst castings, the Eighth Wonder of the World, compounding, will come to your rescue.

Here's the math for every 1 microbe:
1 million after 10 hours
1 billion after 15 hours

It is recommended to dilute it 1:10 for use as a soil drench. For a foliar application, filter and dilute 1:25 and add a small amount of a wetting agent like aloe or an organic soap.

Today was the day it got some bubbles, about 2.5 days from making it. Here's what the process looked like.

Simple enough! Now they have a coating of microbes establishing themselves all over the plant. That's the theory anyway. Success stories from Bode and Azimuth over at Bud Rot and Mold vs Microbes got me interested.
This is a test.
My powdery mildew and bud rot season are coming and this hopefully will make a difference.
Thanks to Bode and Azi !
One question before start to reading the whole post.
Is that recipe actually works?

Thanks

One question before start to reading the whole post.
Is that recipe actually works?

Thanks
Hi Solareclipse! I believe it does in many ways. The microbial shield I'm trying for to combat powdery mildew is in test. My friend Bode has had good experience with it used that way so I and some others are trying it for that.
So I mix the ingredients and they bubble in around 24 to 36 hours I have to say yes microbes are being multiplied.
I've applied it twice so far keep in mind. The plants are a nice green, maybe nicer than without it. The test will be in a few weeks when my PM season comes, then bud rot season. Those two things are what I'm trying to help. Last year I lost half my outdoor plant to rot.
So I'd say stay tuned and we'll all know. I'll be surprised if they go more than first week in October.
Jadam farming principles seem strong to me though I have little hands on with it. This is my first.

Highya SO,

It's budrot weather up here lately. But the buds are.nt big enough to slow down airflow yet. In another couple weeks will be a different story. Do you check buds everyday during the budrot season? I used to lose quite a lot. Now since using Jadam's Microbe solution, I lose maybe an ounce total. And then I found mold resistant strains site that declared Super Silver Haze is mold resistant. So, I'm hoping to lose even less. Hope you're doing well. Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

It's budrot weather up here lately. But the buds are.nt big enough to slow down airflow yet. In another couple weeks will be a different story. Do you check buds everyday during the budrot season? I used to lose quite a lot. Now since using Jadam's Microbe solution, I lose maybe an ounce total. And then I found mold resistant strains site that declared Super Silver Haze is mold resistant. So, I'm hoping to lose even less. Hope you're doing well. Happy Smokin'
Hi Bode! It's a good day! I try to check every day in season, but you know how that is. Overnight can be a disaster when it's in full rot time. I swear most of last years loss was in one night, though I was clipping bad nuggs all along.

Highya SO,

I'm growing 2 White Widow x Big Buds. According to info I've read, White Widow is prone to mold while Big Bud is resistant to mold so I don't know what to expect from them. :hmmmm:

GETTING CAGEY UPDATE

It's time! Won't be long before these limbs are holding weight! I can't believe all the bud they have! I can't get in to trim like I want so they're going to be thick. I took off some more limbs today and some inner unlit small branches but you should see in there! I'm going to have to pick as I go to thin. One cage made, one to go. Tomorrow's another day! Hey we got some rain yesterday, maybe measurable! More please.
Nice bushes 😍 Wow

Back
Top Bottom