Yellowed, and now some spots

A Light at the end of the tunnel :thumb:

48 hours into the stronger solution from above, and nothing new, illness-wise, to report. I think it is safe to say that the malady with which this little girl was stricken, while not far behind, soon will be. We should be moving to phase 2 within three weeks, I think.

With only the first of the series of "toppings" I have planned, it seems to have worked. Today, there has been ZERO increase in height (still 18cm). However, the base has reached a very woody (almost solid) 7mm and a surprising 20cm breadth, and that's after I trimmed (back to 18cm) some of the larger leaves last night to help stimulate new growth. I stand by the "Early Topping" rule, always will. Wider, than tall is a good thing for what I gave planned for this fighter.

There are still a few large leaf groups too close to the interior for me to comfortably snip out.

I think that I've posted enough pics in this thread, and with her on the mend I might start a new "Grow Journal in Progress" to chronicle the rest. If I do, and if you guys and gals out there want it, I will post the link to Volume 2 of her Biography here - - - -
Momma GDP: The story of one Grand Daddy Purple cannabis plant's journey into motherhood. A heart-warming tale of the ups, the downs, the life perils, and the triumphs. Follow along as a tender, young plant, in the grip of death, defies the odds to grow into a life-giving mother plant, giving of herself to raise her young, so that they may help heal those in need.

- Biography by: Jandre2k3
- Published by: :420: (Thanks for that)
Cheezy, I know. What can I say, I'm moved by her survival. :rofl:

IMO your plants aren't burning, they are deficient! I would increase your nutes a little and stop cutting off your leafs. Even if they are ugly they are still holding precious nutrients that your plant needs. Give it an all around npk and foliar with high k kelp.

IMO your plants aren't burning, they are deficient! I would increase your nutes a little and stop cutting off your leafs. Even if they are ugly they are still holding precious nutrients that your plant needs. Give it an all around npk and foliar with high k kelp.

Well, what's done is done, and as of my last post here, she's a healthy girl, and moving into phase two of her life. The Jungle Juice change-out really worked wonders, to help level out the pH spikes, and as such, it is staying in uptake range. We knew that she was nute deficient and we found that it was because of the erratic pH. No matter how huch more nutes your pour in, if you're in the "lockout" range of pH it'll do no good at all because there is NO UPTAKE and all you'll do is burn the roots... Once we got pH under control and the lockout stopped, nutes were gradually increased about a week or two later. With a sick, or stressed plant the LAST thing you wanna do is jump to increasing NPK without knowing the problem of the stress. If I had immediately jumped to the conclusion of just increasing nutes, I wouldn't still have this plant, because of the UNDERLYING reason for malnutrition.

Thus... we have a healthy plant. As noted above, we have moved away from the "Sick plant" stage and on to Vegetative, hoping for Perpetuation. If you will click on the last link provided, you will see pictures of a now healthy and almost recovered plant, that is already beginning to show signs of becoming a "tree". Thanks for playing.................. The game is already over.

Hello Jandre2k3,

I looked through your posts and didn't find an answer. Maybe just had a little too much medicine. :tokin:

What is the size of your resevior? When I started my first hydro grow, my first and biggest mistake was the reso was way too small. After increasing the tank the PH stabilized real quick. This will become more of a problem as your plants get bigger. Your goal is to have a less than .5 ph change in 24 hours.. The reason is if you adjust your PH more than that in a single "cycle", this can shock your plants. Just some food for thought

Welcome to the Hydro club!

CGs

Hello Jandre2k3,

I looked through your posts and didn't find an answer. Maybe just had a little too much medicine. :tokin:

What is the size of your resevior? When I started my first hydro grow, my first and biggest mistake was the reso was way too small. After increasing the tank the PH stabilized real quick. This will become more of a problem as your plants get bigger. Your goal is to have a less than .5 ph change in 24 hours.. The reason is if you adjust your PH more than that in a single "cycle", this can shock your plants. Just some food for thought

Welcome to the Hydro club!

CGs

This thread is no longer active, but retained for posterity. No more comments please
For part 2 of the GDP story click on "The Purple" in my Signature​

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m reporting this for moving to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm reporting this for moving to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

I don't need to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum, as there is no smoke report because this WAS a sick journal, and was closed as abandoned because she got better. She still lives in my Maternity Ward.

Why did you have this moved? This was in ABANDONED, and moved to abandoned, or so I thought.

And you know I have other journals and they are all, with the exception of The Challenge DIY in Journals in Progress.

Medicated so much you forgot who I am?

Dude, I'm sorry, too many windows open, I was trying to read and catch up and also do my job at the same time...I will re-report for Abandoned, again I'm sorry....

And of course I haven't forgotten who you are, only my location....I just stepped in, to see what condition my condition was in, and my condition prevented me from knowing my condition, and apparently my location....

:peace: and God bless!!

GT

And of course I haven't forgotten who you are, only my location....I just stepped in, to see what condition my condition was in, and my condition prevented me from knowing my condition, and apparently my location....

:peace: and God bless!!

GT

Your location should be conditionally conditioned with an air conditioning for your condition.

Back
Top Bottom