Why do only some of the leaves reach toward the light??

Jahderp

image5841.jpg

First time grower and running into little problems so far. Nothing serious to my knowledge, but the leaves in the middle are reaching up towards to the light?? Growing in soil, been about 2 weeks, watering just a little in the morning and at night. 200 watt crystal clear 3780 lumens bulb. Too much water?? Wrong bulb?? Also had a weak stem using straw and rubberband to hold straight

3780 lumens for a 200 watt bulb sounds to me like an incandescent bulb. If so, then it is the wrong light and you would be much better off with a 30-50 watt CFL bulb which should provide nearly the same lumens for way less wattage. Ideally the Kelvin rating should be at or above 5000.

Wrong bulb, get the CFL. Also, the reason it seems to you that only some leaves are reaching for the light is because the small leaves in the center, those you think are the ones reaching up, look like that because they are growing, i.e. coming out from the middle, so naturally they look like they're reaching. You'll see in a few days that as they grow they're gonna start going to the sides to make room for the next set growing from the middle.

Also you shouldn't water it that much, every other day is going to be fine.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but if you think this was a problem then it's clear you need to do some research about growing before that plants gets too big because you can't keep it forever next to your bed.
Go through the stickies here, they explain a lot, also you might wanna try reading a few journals and threads.

Good luck and happy growing!!

hey guys just thought id share progress with you and get some feedback! ive switched to a CFL bulb, watering every other day, and ive also been putting a fan just close enough to give the plant a shake.

image5956.jpg
image5957.jpg

Back
Top Bottom