White Widow Auto: 75 Day Seed To Harvest

So the plant you harvested was a White Widow auto? Either way I loved to see those amber crystals. Whenever I grow a strain for my personal use I always go amber at least 15-20%. It suits my taste and needs best.

Yes! 2 White Widow autos. They turned out well for my first time ever I must say I am pleased with the results! I enjoy the smoke and the longer it cures the better it smells! Amazing flavours and very smooth !

I really am looking forward to making auto seeds! Going to be a fun adventure and another learning curve when it comes to these lovely plants!

You'll find that the plant smells a certain way at harvest. Then a little different when it's dry and going into the jars. Then you go through the "not so nice" aromas as the chlorophyl is leaving and the plant is curing. Then each week or so it will start to smell nicer and nicer. I personally don't smoke all that much. So for me it's a no brainer to wait through 5 weeks of cure to test the first bud.

And trust me I understand when it's your first plant you can't wait to try it out. I have some Hawaiian Mayan Gold in the fridge in brown lunch bags drying that I am dying to try. Going straight to cure without a sample bud might be tough. But I look at it like this. The sample bud is not an accurate representation of how the flowers will smoke after a 5 week cure. It could taste a lot different and pack a much more potent punch, and the flavor will almost definitely change.

I am definitely noticing the smell changing over the weeks now it is becoming much stronger and very pleasant! A few of my friends have commented how lovely and sweet it smells! The 2 widows have a very different smell profile so I’m excited to compare the 2 of them for smoke and potency wise in a few weeks!

I want to do a 6week cure and give a few friends and family sample baggies of both WW1 and WW2 to try and give me feedback on! But no samples or anyone until 6wks!

Atta boy. Make them want it!

Did you say you were going to try to make some auto flower seeds?

You going to be daring and try to create pollen of several plants at the same time?

You going to be daring and try to create pollen of several plants at the same time?

Haha no just one plant a gorilla shizzle auto and I would like to possibly pollinate itself and another auto flower I have to make a cross.

Not sure which ones I may cross yet but to start I just want to collect pollen from a gorilla shizzle and pollinate itself to get more auto seeds or the GS.

Not sure which ones I may cross yet but to start I just want to collect pollen from a gorilla shizzle and pollinate itself to get more auto seeds or the GS.

Well this is something I've heard from a couple reliable people. If you have two strains, in this case auto flower strains, you would want the Gorilla Shizzle to be the mom or receptor of the pollen in a cross. So if it were me and I could segregate the second auto flower plant (call it white widow) I would. I would apply the CS to both plants and try to make female pollen sacks on both. I would very carefully self pollinate both plants with their own pollen on one branch. And then several days later do the cross. White Widow pollen onto the Gorilla Shizzle, and Gorilla Shizzle onto the White Widow to make two crosses.

Well this is something I've heard from a couple reliable people. If you have two strains, in this case auto flower strains, you would want the Gorilla Shizzle to be the mom or receptor of the pollen in a cross. So if it were me and I could segregate the second auto flower plant (call it white widow) I would. I would apply the CS to both plants and try to make female pollen sacks on both. I would very carefully self pollinate both plants with their own pollen on one branch. And then several days later do the cross. White Widow pollen onto the Gorilla Shizzle, and Gorilla Shizzle onto the White Widow to make two crosses.

Hmm that’s a great idea beez! I do have the 2 tents now. I will think of my options and the best way to go about doing that! I was hoping to only separate 1 plant with the reversed branch of pollen sacks to keep the flower tent full then once I pollinate itself and collect pollen move it back to the tent and pollinate 1 other auto in the tent of another variety. I’m thinking either my Pink Grapefruit Auto or Purple Amnesia Auto. That would be a great cross !

Once you use the CS with success and make female pollen sacks you're going to be dangerous......LOL

Once you use the CS with success and make female pollen sacks you're going to be dangerous......LOL

Haha! Going to become a seed master like yourself, and I am very excited to try and create my own crosses! There is so much knowledge to take in but its great. The experience is priceless and very pleasurable!

Looking forward to years of growing and learning to come!

Back
Top Bottom