White specks on my 3 week old plants

I'm going with trichomes not mite damage. Mite damage the white spots are much larger and when they are present, there's not "wondering" if you have mites.

You can see the adult mites with the naked eye on the underside of the leaves.

IF you worry about pest infestation, look into what's called an IPM regimen.

IPM = Integrated Pest Management

Sooner or later we all get a pest or 2. The 2 legged ones are the hardest to get rid of. lol

Is this an auto flower? I’ve noticed on autos that trichromes form on the leaves closest to the stem very early in veg and flower. Here is a pic of my auto that is about a month old. Even though this one is flowering and yours isn’t just yet, I think it’s absolutely normal.
image.jpg

OMG - my first grow I was so freaked out about what I thought were mites. Get a decent microscope and I bet dollars to a donuts Trichomes, I had / have one that tons of ppl recommend but for me it was just too painful to use. Plus I don't think I bought it until about when I started flowering.

That's when I saw leaves have trichomes also hell they are all over the plant stalks top underneath leaves. Even after all the reading i was doing I don't think I came across it.

Then the panic about terpenes for days awesome smells of goodness and then gone...panic again, the terp profiles are dynamic, maybe to most its a given. Same when curing got hay smell flashback to my teens and homegrown of the 70's.
I am so amazed how natural some take to growing for me, well I tend to complicate. 2nd grow under my belt and more mistakes and lessons but each effort produce decent yields and nice produce.

So much patience required not my strong point! If it is pests there's plenty of info. PPL always want pics to help so grow journal and if you can get a reasonable scope to take pics and post you will be golden!

Spider mites - Yer welcome and now can you please scratch my back cause I'm itchy as a mofo. naked eye they look like black dots but they crawling slowly.

By the time you see this. You have a major problem. They've been active for several weeks already.

Damage from mites:

antas_plaga_blog_full.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.QMGkU5Spcw.jpg

Spider mites - Yer welcome and now can you please scratch my back cause I'm itchy as a mofo. naked eye they look like black dots but they crawling slowly.

By the time you see this. You have a major problem. They've been active for several weeks already.

Damage from mites:

antas_plaga_blog_full.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.QMGkU5Spcw.jpg
This looks like classic Thrips. Classic classic. But still a bug you need to get rid of. What the original poster is looking at isn’t the same as this picture you posted. They look quite different.

Yeah I know - I posted pics of what REAL mites are for the un-informed and non-initiated.

Could be thrips in the 2nd pic but its close enough. They both are Chlorophyll sucking fvcks.

Cept mites reproduce much faster and thrips can't fly for shit so a fan works.

The other good news with Thrips is they actually eat mite eggs after they get tired of cannabis. Mite eggs, Something that are immune to most organic mite treatments.

Back
Top Bottom