When to start 1st day of flower count

I have to agree to disagree. The reason I ask is cause the owner of a hydro shop told me to stop wasting my time vegging 4 weeks he said just veg for 2 weeks and flip to flowering as that is when your plant grows the most. So to me that kinda makes the veg stage pretty inportant. Sorry to op didnt mean to hijack your post but I think if were all gonna get better at this theres gotta be solid answers from seed to veg to flower. Just my opinion and yes I know opinions are like buttholes everybody has one.
The hydro shop owner sounds like a total moron, certainly not someone who has ever grown a photoperiod plant. This is not opinion... this is fact:
A pot plant can not possibly flower at 2 weeks... most can barely do it at 4 weeks and 5 weeks is fairly common for the plants to finally reach maturity and even the ability to throw out pistils. Put a vegging plant into 12/12 when it is growing the fastest at 2 weeks old, and you will simply stunt it.

I have to agree to disagree. The reason I ask is cause the owner of a hydro shop told me to stop wasting my time vegging 4 weeks he said just veg for 2 weeks and flip to flowering as that is when your plant grows the most. So to me that kinda makes the veg stage pretty inportant. Sorry to op didnt mean to hijack your post but I think if were all gonna get better at this theres gotta be solid answers from seed to veg to flower. Just my opinion and yes I know opinions are like buttholes everybody has one.
here is the quick /short answer about veg times ….. it is best if you wait until your plants are showing signs of sex as when they do that they are telling you that they are ready to bare fruit ..which will shorten your transition time . Note if you switch before then they will still bare fruit . This is from growing from seed ...clones is another ball game .

The hydro shop owner sounds like a total moron, certainly not someone who has ever grown a photoperiod plant. This is not opinion... this is fact:
A pot plant can not possibly flower at 2 weeks... most can barely do it at 4 weeks and 5 weeks is fairly common for the plants to finally reach maturity and even the ability to throw out pistils. Put a vegging plant into 12/12 when it is growing the fastest at 2 weeks old, and you will simply stunt it.
I almost beat you …!!! I just didn't throw in the moron ..lol

Again I have to agree to disagree the guy is a straight pothead. He grows like crazy and supplies alot of the growers with growing supplies out here in California. He has clones and seeds in the back of his shop so apparently he must know something.

here is the quick /short answer about veg times ….. it is best if you wait until your plants are showing signs of sex as when they do that they are telling you that they are ready to bare fruit ..which will shorten your transition time . Note if you switch before then they will still bare fruit . This is from growing from seed ...clones is another ball game .
Maybe he is talking about clones but thats what he told me and I was like WTF cause I always end up going about 6 weeks before I switch to 12/12.

Again I have to agree to disagree the guy is a straight pothead. He grows like crazy and supplies alot of the growers with growing supplies out here in California. He has clones and seeds in the back of his shop so apparently he must know something.
see he could be thinking of flowering a clone as you can do that as soon as that sucker is rooted good . But He basically told you to flower an immature plant and that is what brings it into question . Maybe we are missing some of the conversation ….but that's almost like telling someone to harvest when the trichomes are clear because they will turn milky in the dry/cure. its a red flag IMHO

Maybe he is talking about clones but thats what he told me and I was like WTF cause I always end up going about 6 weeks before I switch to 12/12.
maybe so... because there is not a strain out there that can flower 2 weeks from popping out of the ground.... clones yes... you can send a clone to flower the day it puts out roots.

I need to learn to type faster ….

maybe he was high when he told me this because he did say specifically to stop wasting my time vegging 4 weeks when I can do 2 weeks and get a quicker turn around for my small grow. Maybe I will swing by tomorrow and talk to him again and if he tells me some lies I will hit him in the mouth.

There was a small article in Hightimes Magazine in the 90's that discussed flowering cannabis before maturity .If I come across it I will post it . It had to do with the plants hormones and hormone levels .

maybe he was high when he told me this because he did say specifically to stop wasting my time vegging 4 weeks when I can do 2 weeks and get a quicker turn around for my small grow. Maybe I will swing by tomorrow and talk to him again and if he tells me some lies I will hit him in the mouth.
tell him the truth ,tell him that you mentioned flowering at 2 weeks (which to me is at the end of the seedling stage) and you where talking to people about it and they had a fit !! Now when he says "I meant clones" which im hoping , then you tell him that's what they thought you meant . :)

There was a small article in Hightimes Magazine in the 90's that discussed flowering cannabis before maturity .If I come across it I will post it . It had to do with the plants hormones and hormone levels .
So your saying this guy may know some shiznit that we dont?

So your saying this guy may know some shiznit that we dont?
no im not … this article was about the plants ability to produce flowers and the measurement of yield per volume of plant.as well as thc content

did you find it informative?

is it small enough to copy and paste or to take a screen shot of and post the pics?

Also Good Job putting in work !!!!!

WHEN DOES VEG END AND FLOWERING BEGIN?

Great question, you smart cookie! The vegetative state typically lasts from 2-4 weeks, with some growers preferring to transition to flowering at the earliest opportunity and others waiting so the plants can become as large, strong, and hardy as possible before they begin producing buds. The take home here is that once you hit a point in veg where your plants seem strong and sturdy, you can switch to the 12-12 light cycle and induce flowering.
Expect rapid growth when you begin the 12-12 light cycle. You will see your plants nearly double in height in a short period of time. This period of intense growth is known affectionately as the “flowering stretch.”

I think its pretty much a 2 week veg but since there is a transition phase that would actually add a week or 2 to the actual veg time.

WHEN DOES VEG END AND FLOWERING BEGIN?

Great question, you smart cookie! The vegetative state typically lasts from 2-4 weeks, with some growers preferring to transition to flowering at the earliest opportunity and others waiting so the plants can become as large, strong, and hardy as possible before they begin producing buds. The take home here is that once you hit a point in veg where your plants seem strong and sturdy, you can switch to the 12-12 light cycle and induce flowering.
Expect rapid growth when you begin the 12-12 light cycle. You will see your plants nearly double in height in a short period of time. This period of intense growth is known affectionately as the “flowering stretch.”
That's not the article I was referring to ..I will see if I can come up with it .

That's not the article I was referring to ..I will see if I can come up with it .
Yea I figured it wasnt the same but that makes sense as to why he would say veg for 2 weeks. I will look around more but not gonna make it a full time job. Im just trying to get all the stages correct cause I wanna grow some lemon juice but the seeds arent cheap so I wanna put my 199% in to it.

I think its pretty much a 2 week veg but since there is a transition phase that would actually add a week or 2 to the actual veg time.
yes going from seedling stage directly to 12/12 wuld be like a two week veg and start of flower with no stretch and the transition/stretch stage is more symbolic of vegetative growth .

what I was referring to that was in the article had to do with the plants hormonal set by pretty much skipping a vegetative growth pase under vegetative light conditions and reaching maturity .

Back
Top Bottom