When to Flush

Personally I don’t care if you flush or not - makes no difference to me. But consider that NO other crop in the world is flushed, not even top shelf organic foods.

So tell me how pouring water over the rootball removes nutrients from your buds? Its impossible - it can’t remove nutrients from your buds, the plant takes up what it takes up.

So I operate from a simple premise - if it is a pain in the ass to do and there are zero benefits as in it doesn’t work - then why do it? But if it makes you feel better then by all means have at it

This is the offsite link from InTheSheds article in the his link for No Flush Club #2 Flushing link but if you’d like to join in the conversation there are 2 links on InTheSheds page No flush club 1 & 2
Shed post 12685 then jump down to the post 12685

Is when leaves turn yellow and start dropping off the right time to flush?

it doesn’t make sense to starve a plant that’s trying to finish up.

starves your plant in its most crucial (and hungry) time.

Not to single you guys out at all because most of what you said is true IMO. I just wanted to dispute that bit I put in bold. That’s a bro-science statement itself that started getting passed around here a lot last year.

It’s a blanket statement that might be true in the case of people who like to harvest early. But it’s not true for the plants that reach flowering maturity, and definitely not true in my grow. Therefore it’s not true as a general statement.

If you leave your plants to reach flowering maturity, as the OP appears to do, most strains will finish up on their own. Their leaves start to yellow and drop. They almost stop drinking completely. In DWC it’s easy to see how the feeding rate declines. You can throw as much nutrient at them as you like but it will be wasted. You can’t starve something that’s not hungry.
Anyone who tells me a plant like this is ‘at its most hungry time’ is out to lunch, IMO.

Does this Malawi look like it’s at its most hungry time? Not to me. If it did, I’d leave it longer....

im flushing my hp pro mix grow..

i did two 5 gallon flushes of each plant over the last week ... if 80% 1st flush 80% 2nd flush tonns of ferts left .. no starve plant
clean it up and taste better ..
read that also - flushing no im-pack really - but but if you do flush any were from 1-7 days is the max any more negativity influences terpens... One can feed plant while flushing also !!!

Not to single you guys out at all because most of what you said is true IMO. I just wanted to dispute that bit I put in bold. That’s a bro-science statement itself that started getting passed around here a lot last year.

It’s a blanket statement that might be true in the case of people who like to harvest early. But it’s not true for the plants that reach flowering maturity, and definitely not true in my grow. Therefore it’s not true as a general statement.

If you leave your plants to reach flowering maturity, as the OP appears to do, most strains will finish up on their own. Their leaves start to yellow and drop. They almost stop drinking completely. In DWC it’s easy to see how the feeding rate declines. You can throw as much nutrient at them as you like but it will be wasted. You can’t starve something that’s not hungry.
Anyone who tells me a plant like this is ‘at its most hungry time’ is out to lunch, IMO.

Does this Malawi look like it’s at its most hungry time? Not to me. If it did, I’d leave it longer....

It wasn’t a blanket statement. It was about soil, and I only grow autos. I should have mentioned that, though I’m sure someone could still find something wrong with that statement. I should just start out every sentence with “For me........” because that’s what I mean.
For me, cutting off all food because a plant doesn’t want nitrogen anymore doesn’t make sense in the last 2 weeks.
I’ve grown in and out of soil for 30 years and all flushing ever did for me is leave me wondering if I should keep feeding them.
The first autos I grew got a 2 week flush and they came out less dense and tasteless compared to doing it the other way.
The auto plants I grow in soil now get fed to the end, and they come out alright. That’s all I really know.
Do whatever works for you and cut off food if you want, but I’m not the bro scientist you’re looking for.

I’m not the bro scientist you’re looking for.
I’m not looking for any. And as I said already I wasn’t really pointing at you. So I probably shouldn’t have quoted you if it bothers you. Just singling out that statement about plants needing the most feed at the end. From what you said below, we are on the exact same page as far as I can see.

The plant will take what it needs and leave the rest.

I’m not looking for any. And as I said already I wasn’t really pointing at you. So I probably shouldn’t have quoted you if it bothers you. Just singling out that statement about plants needing the most feed at the end. From what you said below, we are on the exact same page as far as I can see.
Sorry friend I didn’t mean to sound pointed.
I totally understand what you meant, and you grow great weed.
I think also there is a bit of confusion between flushing, and just not feeding anything but water. I do agree that there are situations that call for both, or one of those- and for me I just have to read the plant. Sometime (like in the case of my wedding cake) I fed less overall and had no problem with salt build up, some other plants are quite the opposite.
I’ve never had 2 gardens act exactly the same, as hard as I try, so really I should be more strain specific too.
Peace on earth and good growing vibes toward all.

Thanks Goody and I shouldn’t have quoted you because it made it seem like I was addressing you when really I wasn’t. I wasn’t even wading into the ol’ flushing debate. Personally I don’t do much of anything you could call flushing. But ‘flushing’ is more than one thing- so debating it can be sort of pointless when people are arguing about different things, from the point of view of different growing styles etc...zzzz. Making me sleepy just thinking about all the arguments. I just know my plants don’t feed much at the end.

Personally I don’t care if you flush or not - makes no difference to me. But consider that NO other crop in the world is flushed, not even top shelf organic foods.

So tell me how pouring water over the rootball removes nutrients from your buds? Its impossible - it can’t remove nutrients from your buds, the plant takes up what it takes up.

So I operate from a simple premise - if it is a pain in the ass to do and there are zero benefits as in it doesn’t work - then why do it? But if it makes you feel better then by all means have at it

This is the offsite link from InTheSheds article in the his link for No Flush Club #2 Flushing link but if you’d like to join in the conversation there are 2 links on InTheSheds page No flush club 1 & 2
Shed post 12685 then jump down to the post 12685

i can taste the the difference so there is benifit .. i am the best biological experiement on the planet
and i say it taste better :) so smoke your salts ..

Hey Delta - Quoted from Sheds page

There was NO statistical difference in the nutrient levels in the buds after two weeks of flushing IN HYDRO! You read that correctly: in a 100% nutrient-free environment for two weeks before harvest, the dried buds had the same levels of N, S, P, K, Mg, and Ca as the buds that were fed.

No worries man, I’m using living organic soil so no chemical salts

Back
Top Bottom