When should I take clones from my plants?

Hi. New member here. New to cloning as well. Will be switching to 12/12 in a couple of weeks. Should i clone now? And do i feed as i would a normal vegging plant? Thanks much. Peace.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area new to the forums.
But since yhe talk is clones if I take 2 clones off 1 plant then force 1 clone to pollinate and take that pollen and put it on the other clone u think it would produce hermie seeds? Since it's Basically the same plant?

I'm raising a girl from seed. I bought a feminized seed and plan to raise this to become the mother plant and I will use it for cloning. Question, should you wait the two months recommended by Jorge's book before you take clones or just go by the size and health of the plant and not worry to much about age.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The bottom growth has newer hormones which are better for cloning is what I'm reading.

You should take clones when the plant your taking the cutting from is 3 to 4 weeks in veg

Hi I'm new to the forum and a first time grower I'm currently growing in a window I live in SC so sunlight is pretty good was wondering if anyone had any pointers or suggestions

They will not be successful receiving light through a window. You either need to get them under the sun, or under a grow light. They are going to stretch like crazy

I planted 2 northern lights seeds last week. 1 sprouted roots up and it died before i caught it. I know its to late to throw another seed in but how long should i wait before i cut a clone off the sprout that didn't die? I really want 2 plants at harvest so i need this clone as soon as humanly possible

There are a couple of schools of thought on this one. Firstly there are those who clone early to determine the sex of their plants and then there are those who wait until the donor plant is sexed before they clone.

If you subscribe to the first method then grow the plant vegetatively until it has at least five internodes before you take a clone. Make sure you label the clone the same as the donor plant to avoid confusion.

The second method requires you to take less cuttings as you already know the sex of the plant but it will be slower as the plant has already entered the early stages of flowering and any clones taken will first have to root and then secondly revert back to vegetative growth.

The bottom line is clone early and often to ensure you preserve the genetic line you are happy with.

Here is a thought from another Edge member:

Contributed by Mzzmo

keep the clones for second harvest

Take clones from the ladies, after the seedlings are sex determined(female), bud out the ladies, and while this is happening, the clones will grow and be tall enough for the second cycle, clone from those just before you induce flowering.
I have a female clone outside in a pot . When do I need to bring her inside or what do I do if she's not ready to cure out

ive took clones and put them under the light in a propergater and its been like this for about 3-4 weeks and they still aint rooted can any 1 help.
The moisture content should be damp and not very wet since too much water may encourage rot. You also need to assess your light distance. Clones prefer soft and indirect lights with which it shouldn't be too harsh. Hopefully, they'll root soon!

Back
Top Bottom