When is the earliest I can harvest? Pics included

Well I took like 7 or 8 smaller rips so I wouldnt cough my lungs out. Feel cold and tingly. A bit of that "baked" feeling and I think I feel a high coming on.

LMFAO@JimmyC thats whats up man . Thanks for uploading the pics as u did A+++ :) . Glad to know i can take a few buds off here and there while im waiting for my baby girl to complete her flowering or at least most of her flowering!!
How was the taste ? was it really harsh or just a bit ? I really dont care about the taste i care about the effect but I am curious to know .
Hey how did u dry urs that came off anyhow ? u said for 2-3 days ? im gonna try a few different methods of quick dry though the weeks.

it was quite harsh. Thats why it took me so many hits to smoke that bowl :D.

At first I was baked, then i got kinda paranoid, then I started to feel good, now I am just riding the wave.

Awesome, seems we all learnt something today from you, Thanks. And it sounds like its gonna be possible for me never have to buy weed again. (at least that was the idea when i started growing)

What about the drying ? how did u go about that ?

Well even if you harvest at the right time you still can grow enough for yourself.

Weed is better the longer it sits around (up to a point) The more cure it gets the better it is.

Like my stuff will dry slow for 15 days (guess) then end up curing for a minimum of a week or two before any serious amounts are smoked and probably be cured for months before its really smoked.

BTW I am not very high anymore, just a bit, and I have a urge of the munchies lol.

Well as you can see it was just a small scraggly bud that weighed about 1/5th a gram dry. I just pulled off the leaves then let it sit on top of my cigar box for like 3 days. Because the bud was so small it was dry.

Hey Jimmy - if you do pull a plant a little early, does extra curing time help to counter the issues that might arise from an early harvest? I might be pulling my outdoor plant from our garden about a week or two early since my other vegetable plants that its mixed with are wrapping up their cycle and the ganja plant is still green and plump looking. Kind of looks out of place, ya know? This is NOT due to wanting to smoke it right away, it's really just a minor security issue and pulling her a little sooner might be worth it to me. It's not likely that anyone can or will see it it's just that paranoid thing that us growers seem to have. :)

Curing really just helps with the taste and smoothness. The extra potency mostly happens during the drying phase. The cure can raise the potency a bit and does, but its more for flavor.

If you harvest early there is no way to get those 1 or 2 weeks of bus production back.

I know what you mean about the plants looking out of place. Ive spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars this year on trees, flowers and bushes for my backyard both to make my yard look nice but I strategically place everything to add camo to my yard and my weed. I can only hope I have been doing a good job with it as its something I think about all day every day.

If you harvest 1 or 2 weeks before its time, make sure you do still give it a week or 2 of flush time. The buds obviously won't be as big or have quite the potency. but they should be good sized and have pretty decent THC content if dried and cured right. Keep in mind the high will be almost all head high at that point and very small body high.

Jimmy from the look of your pics you are infested with spider mites or thrips one or the other most likely mites. Spray your plants and try to finnish them off stress free. Just a friendly observation, cheers

Nah they are free n clear Prime, well now at least. The Og kush definitely had a little bout with them for a good 3 days or so. Crazy how that many bites can happen over the weekend.

Its always been a happy plant though.

DSCN6079.JPG
DSCN6091.JPG
DSCN6094.JPG
DSCN6088.JPG

Re: Noob with an intro and some pics. Couple questions too....

Curing really just helps with the taste and smoothness. The extra potency mostly happens during the drying phase. The cure can raise the potency a bit and does, but its more for flavor.

If you harvest early there is no way to get those 1 or 2 weeks of bus production back.

I know what you mean about the plants looking out of place. Ive spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars this year on trees, flowers and bushes for my backyard both to make my yard look nice but I strategically place everything to add camo to my yard and my weed. I can only hope I have been doing a good job with it as its something I think about all day every day.

If you harvest 1 or 2 weeks before its time, make sure you do still give it a week or 2 of flush time. The buds obviously won't be as big or have quite the potency. but they should be good sized and have pretty decent THC content if dried and cured right. Keep in mind the high will be almost all head high at that point and very small body high.

Thanks, that all makes sense. I'm gonna try to at least give her another week which means I'd be about a week early for my strain which isn't too bad. I have one more nute session and then it's straight water for the flush. I'm also gonna be very slow and methodical with the dry and cure. I'm sure I'll be happy.

Yeah if your plant flowered for at least 7 weeks it should be good. Maybe not fully matured, but still pretty good with a lot of head highs.

So today I took a piece from my baby and she is only in the first month of flowering. I got a great high , which didn't make me lazy or sleepy. did give me the munchies :)
Did the quick dry method of putting the buds in some foil and sitting it on top of my ballast for 3hrs flipped it around a few times and it dried and smoked very good not harsh at all too me.
Thought this maybe would help somebody that was in the need to smoke some of their plant before its done.

Relaxed Lee, Oh yeah , im gonna start taking buds off per week until i think my meds are right . As I was reading from some other older growers that cant see that well , they usually start taking off a bud 4 weeks after flowering and every week after that until they get the high they r looking for , then harvest her.

But I mixed some of my goods with some other already welly cured goods and honestly i dont taste any harshness at all like that (smoking with glass pipe) and I think its kinda normal tasting . Here is some new updates of my baby girl . Eye candy for us potheads :)

32r.JPG

34r.JPG

re: When is the earliest I can harvest? Pics included

Haven't done it yet, but w8 4 the smell to come in, n the bud to fatten... or anytime after the first half of the flowering cycle...
You not Harvest your plant until it is at least 56 days old 63 is the norm. You are just in the beginning of Bud stage

Back
Top Bottom