Whats wrong

lauragg

420 Member
Hi all,hope ive posted in the right place,im only growing 1 plant under a mars hydro ts1000,this is my first attempt,its an auto flower,i looked at it this morning and all the leafs are curling,any idea what im doing wrong,
thanks for any replies

20240814_122345.jpg

20240814_122350.jpg

Welcome to the forum @lauragg !

Curling leaves are often a sign of either too high temps or too much light. Have either of those changed for you since you started noticing the curling?

Or has anything else changed in your feed, water, or environment?

Hey lauragg,

Oooh, sorry to hear about plant problems. Turns out our crystal ball is in the shop for repairs :laugh:

Just kidding of course but helps to know more details for an accurate diagnosis. Take a look at this link and help us to help you….>>>> How to ask for grow support

What kind of grow media? What size container? Are you using nutes? Which ones and what dosage? How often do you water? How long do you wait between watering sessions? What’s your temp & rh?

Welcome to 420!

Hi all,hope ive posted in the right place,im only growing 1 plant under a mars hydro ts1000,this is my first attempt,its an auto flower,i looked at it this morning and all the leafs are curling,any idea what im doing wrong,
thanks for any replies

20240814_122345.jpg

20240814_122350.jpg
Welcome to 420magazine my friend :welcome:
Just curious what have you been feeding her?
If it’s not heat like Azi :ciao: mentioned it could be too high ppm’s.
But I think it’s a heat/rh issue. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

thanks for the reply's as said im new to this,its grown in soil-pelite,the temp is 24c the humidity is 62% ive just started feeding her the attached pic nutes at the dose it says,light is on 75% 15l fabric pot,ive just ordered a ph meter as i was given one that didnt work properly

Screenshot 2024-08-12 1.24.21 PM.png

Light stress, high temperatures and wind burn are all really the same thing - the leaves are drying out way too quickly
Do you have a fan blowing directly at the plants? The fan should circulate air in the tent, not blow like a wind on the plant
Agree with other growers ^^ that it doesn't look lute a nute issue is the main problem

light is on 75%
How high from the canopy? Note that the bottom leaves aren't cupping and curling

thanks for your help,the light is 16-17 inch away,its 98%of the top leafs that are doing the botom leaves look a little droopy and yellowing
Ok so how about you try dropping the lamp to 50% to see if there is any improvement in a couple of days?
See what it does to your temp/RH

thanks for the reply's as said im new to this,its grown in soil-pelite,the temp is 24c the humidity is 62% ive just started feeding her the attached pic nutes at the dose it says,light is on 75% 15l fabric pot,ive just ordered a ph meter as i was given one that didnt work properly

Screenshot 2024-08-12 1.24.21 PM.png
How much bio booster did you use?
.4ml/l?
Or more?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

2ml to 2 ltr
I think that’s part of the problem.
That’s 3x the amount of P&K recommended.
I find higher P&k will cause cupping and curl.
Read the instructions it says .25ml/l you used 1ml/l.

A good flush with plain water will help remove some of the extra.
Might need an environmental adjustment aswell but I think it’s the feed. :Namaste:
Way way too high.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I think that’s part of the problem.
That’s 3x the amount of P&K recommended.
I find higher P&k will cause cupping and curl.
Read the instructions it says .25ml/l you used 1ml/l.

A good flush with plain water will help remove some of the extra.
Might need an environmental adjustment aswell but I think it’s the feed. :Namaste:
Way way too high.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
will do,thanks for the help

thanks for any replies

20240814_122345.jpg

20240814_122350.jpg
I think your light is to bright. There is an app on iPhone called photon. You can use your phone to check ppfd & DLI. You just have to use a piece of printer paper to make a diffuser. You just wrap it around the top of the phone. You want to be around 700-800 ppfd. Can go up to 1000 through next 3 weeks. Co2 needed if light is stronger than that. Leaves are curling in to try to hide from the light. Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom