What's the most money you have ever spent on weed?

Bob I thought that most labs (the kind that we send our bud to for THC and terpene levels) just sprinkle a little bud on a petri dish and see what grows up and do a rough average cell count. ‘Mould’ as a general term is basically a fairly useless test but maybe the thinking is that it might show some sort of overall cleanliness level (?)

I suppose you’re talking about government tests though, and they’d be treating it more as a pharmaceutical.

Ok, in regards to mold, be careful smoking bud you suspect of being moldy. It can cause fungal infections in your lungs. It’s not common, we are exposed to mold spores in the air we breathe everyday, but if the spore counts are high in the bud and your immune system is compromised by cold/flu etc, it can cause infection.

FWIW- from all the info I have been able to find that seems reputable, I gathered that there is no evidence of mould related issues being caused by smoking. Issues are (rare) allergic type reactions from very high spore counts, or more severe problems caused by the few truly problematic mould species like Aspergillus. But again I didn’t see any evidence of issues specifically related to ingestion by smoking it- which is something that seems to have been investigated a bit with tobacco. So whether or not you actually smoke the bud or just handle it- may amount to the same.

These mould related problems are very rare and mainly relate to people with immune deficiency (chemo patients, etc) or specific allergies.
Not that it really matters which route the spores would get into your lungs....

This is why we should buy government dope I guess
Thread drift.....:slide:

Bloody rights mate :passitleft:

If I’m wrong about my mould info/bias I’d love to hear about it. I mostly glean the information from agricultural articles and health reports. not so much on cannabis forums....

Bloody rights mate :passitleft:

If I’m wrong about my mould info/bias I’d love to hear about it. I mostly glean the information from agricultural articles and health reports. not so much on cannabis forums....

The only thing I can add to the mould discussion @Weaselcracker , comes from my Sister-in-Law who is an ER Doctor in Selkirk MB. She had a case of a kid with fungal lung infection that was eventually attributed to smoking mouldy weed he snagged from his parents.

BTW, she is also my biggest token buddy when we are together lol

This is why we should buy government dope I guess
Thread drift.....:slide:

Gonna take a pass on that! I agree with everything you wrote WC. I did a thorough dig into what is tested and the mold is the least of our worries. It may affect terpine production and flavor as well but not so much for health.

The chemicals sprayed to fight it on the other hand are VERY bad for us if they are not organic versions (bacteria).

Mold is actually a very common pest in a lot of fruit, flower and veggie production facilities. I had no idea how big it is and how many $$$$ chemicals there are out there to treat it.

The mold that is commonly called "bud rot" or Botrytis of course makes weed non-smokable (at least for me). Still wont hurt you. Might taste like ass tho.

I dunno I wouldn't know... I've never even seen it, whats this bud rot shit anyways? lol

The most per gram I've ever paid was like $25 in Vegas at a dispensary, I ran out of my homegrown and had to buy 4g's for $100 . Most I've ever spent at once was $1500 for a felonious amount of some amazing GG4 shatter that my buddy made, something around 3.5oz if I remember correctly.

Damn bro $25/g ... sum greedy bastids sheesh. Hope there was a happy ending to go with? lol

I always have trouble with those jars, I hate them. Just leave the lid off. The kids know how to get in anyways and no matter what I did, my children sniffed out my stash anyway.

Now they dont even puff. It worked. :rofl:

Fine print and disclaimer:
Please dont give your non-adult children weed without a prescription.

Once in Maui on vacation I was walking through a mall and sum dude whistled, I looked and he had a big pot leaf on his hat,so I followed him to further investigate. After going around the corner for some privacy he pulled out a fat sack of buds! I was like YEP. he said $60. I happily said okay. Got back to the hotel room to roll one up and get a better look. And it looked kind of weird but hey maybe this is what Maui wowie looks like. smelled like corn. My dad, my brother and me smoked a hog leg and felt nada. Ended up flushing it down the toilet. It was nasty. Then one day I saw a bag of fake weed in the back of a High Times magazine and thought yea that's the shit they sell to tourist. Got ripped off twice in Hawaii. Finally scored a pin joint for $25. It was real atleast. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Now the Jaimaca trip was the exact opposite. Had an ounce of good bud within 15 minutes of the plane landing in the airport bathroom. I highly suggest Jamaica mon :ganjamon:

My brother and my friend and I once when we were teeny boppers bought three joints off a long haired native fellow on the street in Victoria BC for $5 each. Got to the park and lit the first one up and it smelt like crap. It turned out they were just rolled up greasy hair with a tiny bit of bud in each end for show. :(
Oh sad sad day for the teenies amd our entire budget blown. What a cruel world! Of course we didn’t waste any time carefully collecting the few crumbs and sucking them back in a pop can pipe.

My brother and my friend and I once when we were teeny boppers bought three joints off a long haired native fellow on the street in Victoria BC for $5 each. Got to the park and lit the first one up and it smelt like crap. It turned out they were just rolled up greasy hair with a tiny bit of bud in each end for show. :(
Oh sad sad day for the teenies amd our entire budget blown. What a cruel world! Of course we didn’t waste any time carefully collecting the few crumbs and sucking them back in a pop can pipe.
:rofl: that's a good one. Nasty though. I don't even want to know where the hairs came ftom :rofl: . Waste not.

We were sad and pissed and might have even muttered a racist comment or two but at the same time had to admire his handiwork and business strategy. With our $15 he would have been able to buy a gram of dope to make lots more greasy hair joints. (He had lots of hair). Poor buddy was probably pretty desperate but then so were we :(

I got pretty lucky when I was a kid. Me and a buddy were walking down the sidewalk in our home town suburb. Walked past a bar it was after dark maybe 8pm and I found a whole zip of decent Mexican very few seeds. That was my first score! lol

I think I was like 12 yo at the time. Had to learn how to roll a joint. First I had to get papers which wasnt easy at 12yo. I think I learned how to do a pre-roll with a cig.

Back
Top Bottom