Welcome To The Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular

Hello awesome people. I've been a bit scarce for a while as things are really busy here and, I've fallen behind on basically everything. Tomorrow is 1 September and that means I drop some beans for my summer grow. Hoping to grow some proper trees this year as I now know the property better and most importantly where the sun is best. Today is as spring as it gets. Warm and sunny. Good vibes.

Normally I plant straight into the soil but, my bully is now able to jump the fence and has destroyed most of the veggies in the garden. I can't plant there yet. So, I will be germinating in polystyrene cups and move to bigger pots and as soon as I've built a better fence, I'll prepare and transplant into the veggie garden as that gets sun all day.

Here are the strains I'm going to grow. Some are tests from the last seed run which will be going to the Shedster and Virgin ground for winning the of the year competitions. I have not forgotten you guys. Some will be to isolate certain phenos for a seed run. 50% of the harvest goes to my edible business and the rest goes into me :)

Here is what I have planned:
3 x Double Wild Durban regs
3 x Mozambique landraces regs
2 x Holly's Harvest x Malawi 2 (Holly's Malawi) fems
3 x Transkei landraces regs
2 x Holly's Harvest fems
2 x Miss Sticky green fems
2 x Miss Sticky back crosses regs.

I'll be growing organically with minimal additions besides some worm castings and dolomitic lime and some bone meal .
Before transplanting, I'll add some compost and dig that in too.

The wind here is about the same as the deck so, I'll be strapping them down in some sort of outdoor scrog.
In the tent I just have 7 mothers that are getting savaged by spidermites. Tonight I'll hopefully have time to spray them down.
As companion plants, there will most likely be some marigolds popping up from last season and I would like to plant some other goodies with bright flowers to attract the wasps and especially and hopefully, a couple of chameleons from the mountain. They are around, I just have not seen one in my garden, yet.

It's a perfect day so I'll be taking the kids to Llandudno beach ( my favorite beach in Cape Town) and that won't leave me much time for plants today.
Tomorrow is the day.
I'll be around to everyone's journals as soon as I get time to fart.
Have an awesome weekend wonderful people.
20240831_121950.jpg
20240831_121928.jpg

Here is the weather report and the destroyer of everything.
That sounds like a great line-up oof seeds Matt!

I'm especially interested to see the Double Wild Durbans and the Mozambiques.

What exactly is a Double Wild Durban?

The Destroyer looks like a pretty awesome character🥰

Sounds like you need to get your brix up to rid yourself of the mites.

Hello awesome people. I've been a bit scarce for a while as things are really busy here and, I've fallen behind on basically everything. Tomorrow is 1 September and that means I drop some beans for my summer grow. Hoping to grow some proper trees this year as I now know the property better and most importantly where the sun is best. Today is as spring as it gets. Warm and sunny. Good vibes.

Normally I plant straight into the soil but, my bully is now able to jump the fence and has destroyed most of the veggies in the garden. I can't plant there yet. So, I will be germinating in polystyrene cups and move to bigger pots and as soon as I've built a better fence, I'll prepare and transplant into the veggie garden as that gets sun all day.

Here are the strains I'm going to grow. Some are tests from the last seed run which will be going to the Shedster and Virgin ground for winning the of the year competitions. I have not forgotten you guys. Some will be to isolate certain phenos for a seed run. 50% of the harvest goes to my edible business and the rest goes into me :)

Here is what I have planned:
3 x Double Wild Durban regs
3 x Mozambique landraces regs
2 x Holly's Harvest x Malawi 2 (Holly's Malawi) fems
3 x Transkei landraces regs
2 x Holly's Harvest fems
2 x Miss Sticky green fems
2 x Miss Sticky back crosses regs.

I'll be growing organically with minimal additions besides some worm castings and dolomitic lime and some bone meal .
Before transplanting, I'll add some compost and dig that in too.

The wind here is about the same as the deck so, I'll be strapping them down in some sort of outdoor scrog.
In the tent I just have 7 mothers that are getting savaged by spidermites. Tonight I'll hopefully have time to spray them down.
As companion plants, there will most likely be some marigolds popping up from last season and I would like to plant some other goodies with bright flowers to attract the wasps and especially and hopefully, a couple of chameleons from the mountain. They are around, I just have not seen one in my garden, yet.

It's a perfect day so I'll be taking the kids to Llandudno beach ( my favorite beach in Cape Town) and that won't leave me much time for plants today.
Tomorrow is the day.
I'll be around to everyone's journals as soon as I get time to fart.
Have an awesome weekend wonderful people.
20240831_121950.jpg
20240831_121928.jpg

Here is the weather report and the destroyer of everything.
Those heads were made for butting. Beautiful natured animals are Bull Terriors. It's beautiful warm and sunny here and I am in bed with a virus!
I'm super excited for the Transkeis! Do you still have some Studly pollen or is that long gone?

That sounds like a great line-up oof seeds Matt!

I'm especially interested to see the Double Wild Durbans and the Mozambiques.

What exactly is a Double Wild Durban?

The Destroyer looks like a pretty awesome character🥰

Sounds like you need to get your brix up to rid yourself of the mites.
I grew a DWD a few years ago on the mountainside. I got a pink pheno!
DSC_4140-Edit.JPG

Nice pink flowers how often does that happen. They are cool looking. :thumb: 🍋
I think it is a recessive trait so it's like a needle in a haystack to find. I think this but Matt knows more about the pheno hunt and breeding. I think it's great that the trait exists and could add a dimension to pheno hunting.

Wow thats a beauty! How was the smoke?
Sadly that plant and the LC 18 x Transkei both got seeded up pretty badly. I was lucky with the rest of the flowers that didn't catch pollen.

I just looked at my notes. DWD is Wild Lady x Wild Male, both from the St. Lucia region. That is very close to Mozambique.

There's nothing more freeing than farting on the beach, so I hope you enjoyed your outing!
Some are tests from the last seed run which will be going to the Shedster and Virgin ground for winning the of the year competitions. I have not forgotten you guys.
:green_heart: No Durban's please though. :)
I grew a DWD a few years ago on the mountainside. I got a pink pheno!
It was and still is a stunning pic of a beautiful plant in a gorgeous location. :welldone: Carmen.

Back
Top Bottom