Waywardwayne's Kiwi OG + Thin Mint Kiwi Get To Know Me Journal

Waywardwayne

Hi all! So this will be a slow starting journal. Because I’m starting after the start I’ll be playing catchup.

Strain/s: KIWI OG & THINMINT KIWI
Genetic Makeup: UNKNOWN
Pot/Bucket Size: 10 gallon
Tent Size: OUTDOORS
Grow Space: yes
How Many Plants: 4-6
Environment: Sourhern Canada aka Maine
Stage: seedling/vegging
Medium:30% Perlite 30% foxfarm 30% coast of Maine
Lights: sun
Nutrients: To be determined
Room/Tent Temperature: varies
Relative Humidity: varies
Watering: As needed
Media/Res PH: 5.6 - 6.5
Pests: aphids/thirps
IMG_8660.jpeg

IMG_8700.jpeg
IMG_8537.jpeg
IMG_8424.jpeg

So I’d like to get to know everyone and allow the forum to get to know me as well. This journal should serve two purposes, first showing my process and progress growing the plant we all love. Also as a way to meet new people here who have more experience who are willing to give a hint or tip here and there! I need it.

I’ve grown a handful of times without the blessing of state law but I’m totally legal now. I’m originally from Florida and have been in Maine just under two years. As the journal progresses you will see pics of my cabin and set up here as well as obviously the plants! I don’t mind critiques or criticism at all, I encourage you to say what’s on your mind regarding my technique or whatnot. Don’t be shy with me I don’t learn anything that way.

This isn’t the thorough journal I wanted to start but I figured I had better start it anyway.

Thanks all for stopping by, looking forward to sharing what I got going with everyone!

, Wayne

IMG_8444.jpeg

Ok so first off I use the paper towel method to germ. I soak a paper towel in water and fold it over a few seeds. In this grow they all popped after 24 to 36 hours. They only have to crack for me and it’s good to go in soil. The first few pics are the first week in soil for these ladies.
IMG_8444.jpeg
IMG_8434.jpeg
IMG_8491.jpeg

I put them in a 2 or 3 gallon planter slip. Before they go in their final growing containers.

The next few pics are one week from sprouting. Give or take a day or two.

IMG_8513.jpeg
IMG_8512.jpeg
IMG_8527.jpeg

The next few pics are of week 1-2ish. You can see they bulled up those first leaves nicely.

IMG_8539.jpeg
IMG_8570.jpeg

I’ll add more tomorrow because I don’t want to give it all away and then don’t have anything else to post 😎

IMG_8568.jpeg

IMG_8576.jpeg

IMG_8713.jpeg

Also a kiwi baby. Along side a hopeful transplant. The transient is sour patch kids and we aren’t gonna talk about it unless it survives. It’s only a few days in.

The thin mints kiwi will be moved any day into its own pot. You can tell the thin mints kiwi vs the kiwi og by size. The thinning are still basically seedlings as they only popped last week as far as I remember. Ill be keeping track of days more closely now so the journal has better information.

Highya WW,

Good start to the year. I didn't expect too much at first, then you learn a lot, and your harvest will be top shelf product! I'm guessing you're using organic nutes? I, too, am in Maine, midCoast. Love it here. I also grow outdoors, organic, in ground. Hope you have a great year! Happy Smokin'

Highya WW,

Good start to the year. I didn't expect too much at first, then you learn a lot, and your harvest will be top shelf product! I'm guessing you're using organic nutes? I, too, am in Maine, midCoast. Love it here. I also grow outdoors, organic, in ground. Hope you have a great year! Happy Smokin'
Hey! I’m down east up near Calais. Man arent we lucky. The weather has been nearly perfect for growing. Little windy but that’s ok. Haven’t used nutes on anything yet but I gave them some seed sprout tea hoping that would hurry their grow along. Ive got one in the ground but it hasn’t been doing well,

IMG_8718.jpeg

A maple tree grew it leaves and blocked her sun for a few hours and I don’t think she liked it. Going on three or four weeks and super slow.

Neem is great in veg and Captain Jacks Deadbug is spinosad, which will work in flower. The instructions on spinosad say no more than 6x in a season for what it's worth.

Monterey's version instructions are here:

The neem was great and also messed up the plant. But it was my own fault. When I was spraying the oil separated somewhat and was thick on the leaves and I got them sunburned for it. The have come back around now but I know that oil was hot on those leaves. I need to get a clear sprayer I can see inside so I can tell what’s going on in there. Thanks for the tips on the deadbug, I hope I won’t have to use it. The bugs have been very minimal.

The neem was great and also messed up the plant. But it was my own fault. When I was spraying the oil separated somewhat and was thick on the leaves and I got them sunburned for it. The have come back around now but I know that oil was hot on those leaves. I need to get a clear sprayer I can see inside so I can tell what’s going on in there. Thanks for the tips on the deadbug, I hope I won’t have to use it. The bugs have been very minimal.
It helps if you spray neem very early or very late, when the sun won't heat it up. Also, the colder it is in the spray bottle the more it coagulates, so keeping it someplace warm (or leaving it in the sun for a few hours) helps there.

It helps if you spray neem very early or very late, when the sun won't heat it up. Also, the colder it is in the spray bottle the more it coagulates, so keeping it someplace warm (or leaving it in the sun for a few hours) helps there.
It was a huge mistake, the plants lost 3 or 5 leaves from it. They were so so then they were definitely dead. I took the plants out of the sun and rinsed them but it was still too much. This was going to be tomorrows entry 🙃 I’ll explain better then.

Back
Top Bottom