Virgin Grower - Badboy Lights - Fox Farms - LST - Nirvana Seed

Re: Virgin grower. Using Badboy lights, Fox Farms, LST, and Nirvana seed

420Dexter,
Nice looking setup. The girls are looking very happy under those T5's, that's why I use them for my moms.

Steve thanks for stopping in. I am really liking these lights so far. I have been following several threads of yours or you are participating in including the 300 watt shootout and surfinstoned's 1440 watt led grow. Those lights lookpretty amazing, but I am still wallet shy to shell out the kinda money right now.

Looking forward to your 5.1 grow. that new light looks pretty amazing. which model is it?

A few update pics for the night. I watered the 6 kids with 3 gallons of H20 split between them. I didn't use any nutes just clear water with some molasses thrown in. There
i go following the herd. But believe it will help the microbes living in the soil.

one of the plants is showing some purle stemming on some of the side branching. Not sure if this is something I should be concerned with or perhaps its just a genetic thing. I'm open to any feed back anybody might have. Pics are below

Purple branch
IMG_014617.JPG

Close up of purple branch
IMG_014313.JPG

I count at least 10 tops on this one. I am really hopping for female
IMG_014411.JPG

The Nirvanna babies
IMG_015013.JPG

IMG_014913.JPG

One more healthy teen
IMG_014510.JPG

You should be able to tell sex on the one with 10 tops, might have to look with a magnifying glass though. They are going to be monster bushes when you flip them, looking very nice.

To answer the other question, the light is the Advanced Diamond Series 800w unit, it is a beast! They aren't cheap, but are worth it IMHO. After a few more grows you'll have the funds I'm sure though.

+reps on the setup and first grow.

It's been a busy weekend here. I fed the kids with a full does of Growbig and Big bloom on Saturday. Today I transplanted the nirvana Seeds from their 4 in germination pots to their 5 gallon veg pots. I bought an AirPot to test and am using that on the AK48. They appear to have taken to the transplant ok.

Also, an update on the Foothills filter. I came home from work on Friday night to find the fan on the filter not running. I emailed them at 9pm and by 9:15 they had responded saying they stand behind their product 110% and to ship back the bad unit and they would replace right away. So on the down side, the house reeks a bit right now. But on the plus side, the folks at Foothills Filters really stood out with the exceptional service so far. I will update when the replacement unit arrives.

Here are some updated shots from this morning:
IMG_01529.JPG

IMG_015311.JPG

IMG_01544.JPG

IMG_015510.JPG

IMG_015613.JPG

IMG_015715.JPG

IMG_015813.JPG

IMG_01599.JPG

IMG_016014.JPG

Lookin good Dex, I can't wait to see how you AK48 turns out I have a couple beans, and have heard nothing but good comments on that strain. I wanted to try the air pots as well but I could not find them around here so I went with the Smart pots I found the 3 gallon ones for like 2 bucks on sale at a nursery.

looks nice Dex.

I just put 8 AK48 into germination yesterday. I'm going DWC, so it will be fun to watch yours too.

looks nice Dex.

I just put 8 AK48 into germination yesterday. I'm going DWC, so it will be fun to watch yours too.
Are you going to journal the grow?

Are you going to journal the grow?

Absolutely!

I would start now but a relative skated with my camera. I should have it this week. My light arrives this week too. Meh, I may start up the journal today/tomorrow with info and no pics just yet.

wow, the metabolism must have kicked in on these kids over the weekend. i just gave them 4 gallons of nutes on Saturday, and today they were bone dry . i gave them 5 gallons of h2o = molasses between the 8 plants this morning. I also lst'd a few of the branches around to open up the light.

Here are a few quick shots on the growth

IMG_01619.JPG
IMG_016410.JPG
IMG_016515.JPG
IMG_016310.JPG
IMG_016211.JPG

Looking very lush, have they all shown sex yet?

I'm really struggling to tell. when I think I have identified female pre flowers, a few days latter a new set of leaves emerges from the site. None of them are showing anything as distinct as what is shown here

I'll try to get some close up pics with something other than a phone camera to see if anyone on this thread can identify.

Very nice grow man. Ive been growin Nervanas gear since day1. Ive got Blackjack, Ak48, Powerplant, Raspberry cough and ICE growin now. You will like the ak48. They will smell just like Juicyfruit gum when they flower. The taste is not as fruity as Blackjack or Powerplant but it makes very nice rock hard buds in very short time. It tastes just fine to me and has a powerful kick and lasts long. Finishing for me in as little as 52 days with 3.5 - 4 quart mason jars per plant dry. I also use Foxfarms as well as subcools supersoil and some organic stimulators.

Checkout my grow thread. Ye olde perpetual garden. Ive got some ak pics in there I think.

Ye Olde Organic Perpetual Garden by Cona

Good job....especially for your first grow
Cona

I'm really struggling to tell. when I think I have identified female pre flowers, a few days latter a new set of leaves emerges from the site. None of them are showing anything as distinct as what is shown here

I'll try to get some close up pics with something other than a phone camera to see if anyone on this thread can identify.
If you have a pocket microscope you may be able to tell a little better. After my first grow I was able to tell pretty quickly, before they even started showing pistils. The male preflowers look like little claws, even when they are very small. Sometime the female preflowers will have just the hint of a pistil poking out, that is when the microscope comes in handy. They sell them at Radioshack for a few bucks.

If you have a pocket microscope you may be able to tell a little better. After my first grow I was able to tell pretty quickly, before they even started showing pistils. The male preflowers look like little claws, even when they are very small. Sometime the female preflowers will have just the hint of a pistil poking out, that is when the microscope comes in handy. They sell them at Radioshack for a few bucks.

I have 2 of those radioshack scopes. Hard to use for a old guy like me. I bought a 30 power jewlers scope with led lights. Way better for me. Doesnt get as close as the rc scope but close enuff to see amber trichromes and easy to use. Like 6 bucks at amazon. I would still get the RC 420 scope. Gets closer and good for younger eyes.

Cona

Back
Top Bottom