The Mega Crop Thread

Nice right up @MrSauga
Really gives a good breakdown on the use of MC!

I’ve recently been chatting with a friend who runs MC v2 and he also runs BE. I want to try and introduce it in the future at a smaller dose so I may be picking your calculator head sauga!

Fantastic journal that I’m sure many will benefit from!

I don't have the Bud Explosion product. But I have some GH Liquid KoolBloom (0-10-10) left, and vast quantities of Terpinator (I don't remember the NPK, but it's potassium sulfate). Would one (or both, in combination) work in its place?

EDIT: Terpinator is 0-0-4.

On the 500g bag of 9-6-17 I got a couple of weeks ago from them it shows:

N: 9%
P: 6%
K: 17%
Ca: 5.6%
Mg: 2.3%
S: 1.9%

On their website it shows:

N: 10%
P: 7%
K: 18%
Mg: 2.4%
S: 2.1%

Everything else like boron, copper, iron, etc. are the same. So maybe what's listed on their website is V3.

So with the V2 mix, and my tap water... I'm guessing that I should add Epsom salt for more magnesium to get the ratio up around 3:1. Luckily, the sulfur content in the V2 mix is lower than it is in the V3 mix, so the sulfur in the Epsom salt shouldn't be a problem, right?

On the 500g bag of 9-6-17 I got a couple of weeks ago from them it shows:

N: 9%
P: 6%
K: 17%
Mg: 2.3%
S: 1.9%

On their website it shows:

N: 10%
P: 7%
K: 18%
Mg: 2.4%
S: 2.1%

Everything else like boron, copper, iron, etc. are the same. So maybe what's listed on their website is V3.

i'm with you on this. what i'm getting out of this and other sites is 9-6-17 is probably v2 and 10-17-18 is v3, with v3 being packaged in the v2 bags.

they probably figgered the formula didn't change enough to warrant a label change outright. further, the v2 and v3 versions reduce, or entirely negate, the need for their bud explosion and sweet candy additives.

The difference i see with MC is they actually seem to be trying for an all-in-one, where most others are content with providing incomplete lines requiring additives to be truly successful.

i wound up with the 9 - 6 - 17, but i got it late in the run, and have no idea if it is v2 or v3, though i strongly suspect it is v2.

So with the V2 mix, and my tap water... I'm guessing that I should add Epsom salt for more magnesium to get the ratio up around 3:1. Luckily, the sulfur content in the V2 mix is lower than it is in the V3 mix, so the sulfur in the Epsom salt shouldn't be a problem, right?
I use mollases, cuz it's not so hot and...well...mollases.

i'm with you on this. what i'm getting out of this and other sites is 9-6-17 is probably v2 and 10-17-18 is v3, with v3 being packaged in the v2 bags.

they probably figgered the formula didn't change enough to warrant a label change outright. further, the v2 and v3 versions reduce, or entirely negate, the need for their bud explosion and sweet candy additives.

The difference i see with MC is they actually seem to be trying for an all-in-one, where most others are content with providing incomplete lines requiring additives to be truly successful.

i wound up with the 9 - 6 - 17, but i got it late in the run, and have no idea if it is v2 or v3, though i strongly suspect it is v2.
I call it v2.5 it's not a rework, more of a tweak really.

I use mollases, cuz it's not so hot and...well...mollases.

glad you added this baron.

i use molasses myself. i generally just add it on the water side.
i was thinking it should be mild enough to not interfere, but still add a bit of what i'm after.

When I talked to the Mega Crop guy he said that MC is a combination of all of their products except Gravitron.
He highly suggested not mixing anything with MC because it shouldn't need it and you run the risk of burning your plants.

Some people like to have more control over their grows and don't like using a one part nutrient,so that is why they sell the seperate products. They can mix up their own tailor made concoction with the individual products to hit their ideal numbers.

seems a sound theory.

for the extra mag i run a 2-0-0 product. get some extra N, but i can actually use it.
i run .5ml / L ro, which is a half max dose. started there as a complete guess and it has not caused any problems.

Some people like to have more control over their grows and don't like using a one part nutrient,so that is why they sell the seperate products. They can mix up their own tailor made concoction with the individual products to hit their ideal numbers.

hi Vg.

years ago i used to get my nutes custom mixed from a hydro shop. that is exactly how they did it. it was long before the multitude of liquid products arrived.

used to come in a couple different baggies with a photocopied set of instructions lol

hi Vg.

years ago i used to get my nutes custom mixed from a hydro shop. that is exactly how they did it. it was long before the multitude of liquid products arrived.

used to come in a couple different baggies with a photocopied set of instructions lol
Hi Bluter :love:
I used to mix raw components for fertilizing my planted fish tank.
I've often thought about doing that here for cannabis. I think that I should learn how to be a better grower before I get into more advanved techniques though.
The raw components are dirt cheap in bulk from what I remember.

Nope, but they’re pretty active on other forums.

:passitleft:
I think I know of one of them. Could you DM me some forum names so I can check it out later? I know we aren't supposed to refer to them on the open forum.

Nope, but they’re pretty active on other forums.

Here’s what I read about it:

Actually, probably our next product to add will be a Mega Crop 2 part. The part 1 will be similar to Jacks Hydroponics/Masterblend formula in NPK (5-12-26) + trace + silica + other goodies to make it a little better. The Part 2 will be just Calcium Nitrate as standard. We are trying to make the price the same or lower, so we can basically soak up all the current Jack's loyal growers. Having the 2 part allows for extensive customization of NPK ratios, to fill anyone's needs/desires (so no complaining about ratios or anything like that). Also, having the 2 separate parts works a little smoother for fertilizer injectors use (less need for filters), but does require 2 separate injectors for each part.

So look out for this, possibly even late 2019. Still working out a lot of details about this and not confirmed though!

They’re coming out with a new 2 part formula “maybe by the end of the year”.
thanks for dropping in Dr

i guess that's that then lol.
so long as they keep it fairly complete, and don't go down the million plus product line rabbit hole.

invested in nearly 10kg of the stuff so i'm jamming with it for a bit .. :rolleyes:

mom has a couple bushes in the yard not doing so well. told her she could mix some MC up and give it shot since i got so much lol

Back
Top Bottom