A root drench will stop the hydrophobia. You likely have dry spots in there.
I did the 1x drench with them at the same time as the others. The new growth looks really good on them but there's even less real estate to check with the meter given all the hydroton in them, so kind of hard to tell.

The lift the pot method seems to be the go-to for them.

Turns out they actually make a 8.35" wide by 5" deep net pot that looks like it'll fit the buckets perfectly and I'd just have to drill out the hole for the footer. The bucket would be big enough to allow air flow all around but also keep the mess contained and I wouldn't have to modify the bucket at all.

I think I'll order a set and try it.
Ok, the project got green lit and I ordered the net pots. I'll trick them out next weekend and have one ready for next plant up. I'm mixing a new batch of soil today and I usually have it cook right in the container I'm going to plant in, but I'll leave it loose and add it when the build is done. Leaving it loose might be better anyway since I can mix it occasionally and get more air into the mix, much like I do with my compost pile.

And the build is literally drilling one 3" and two 1" holes and using a soldering iron to make holes in a set of pot supports made from plastic cups. Probably a good 10 minute project all in.

I'll bet these work even better than cloth pots since there are literally a ton of holes everywhere (not sure how you weigh holes so maybe not literally), rather than fabric, still with holes but too small to see.

Ok, the project got green lit and I ordered the net pots. I'll trick them out next weekend and have one ready for next plant up. I'm mixing a new batch of soil today and I usually have it cook right in its final place but I'll leave it loose and add it when the build is done. Leaving it loose might be better anyway since I can mix it occasionally and get more air into the mix, much like I do with my compost pile.

And the build is literally drilling one 3" hole and using a soldering iron to make holes in a set of pot supports built out of plastic cups. Probably a good 10 minute project all in.

I'll bet these work even better than cloth pots since there are literally a ton of holes everywhere (not sure how you weigh holes so maybe not literally), rather than fabric, still with holes but too small to see.
If you can get more surface area thats breathing, then you can beat cloth pots. 👍👊

If you can get more surface area that's breathing then you can beat cloth pots. 👍👊
Cool. This version will be all about the air, and will be a good comparison to the immediately previous round of the old, but new again, design.

They say it's almost impossible to over-water a cloth pot because of all the air pockets so between that and a constantly available water supply down low this could be very interesting.

It's still going to be housed in a bucket so won't be open to the air, or at least good air  flow, but I'll have my dual air injectors to help keep air down low. And I could alter the design once I see how it works to expose the net pot for maximum effect.

But one step at a time.

Cool. This version will be all about the air, and will be a good comparison to the immediately previous round of the old, but new again, design.

They say it's almost impossible to over-water a cloth pot because of all the air pockets so between that and a constantly available water supply down low this could be very interesting.

It's still going to be housed in a bucket so won't be open to the air, or at least good air  flow, but I'll have my dual air injectors to help keep air down low. And I could alter the design once I see how it works to expose the net pot for maximum effect.

But one step at a time.
And you can control moisture with proper top and bottom watering👍👊😊

I don't know who "they" is, but believe me it is very easy to overwater cloth pots because all the soil in them.

I don't know about any "air pockets", but I imagine that is a feature of any medium that is not properly wet through.

You're mistaken here imo, and one needs to guard against overwatering cloth pots just as much as any other kind of pot.

I don't know who "they" is, but believe me it is very easy to overwater cloth pots because all the soil in them.

I don't know about any "air pockets", but I imagine that is a feature of any medium that is not properly wet through.

You're mistaken here imo, and one needs to guard against overwatering cloth pots just as much as any other kind of pot.
You do. Your aeration choice and carbon choice have a huge bearing.

Drip irrigation. For less than 60$ all of my plants are top watered on a consistent basis without the violence of top watering and none of the time it takes to water slowly.

We really should be pushing this on folks more. I’ve never seen growth like I’m seeing and I know it’s because the container isn’t being violently rearranged while I spend hours watering daily. Not to mention this alleviates issues of dry pockets, overwatering, etc.

Drip irrigation. For less than 60$ all of my plants are top watered on a consistent basis without the violence of top watering and none of the time it takes to water slowly.

We really should be pushing this on folks more. I’ve never seen growth like I’m seeing and I know it’s because the container isn’t being violently rearranged while I spend hours watering daily. Not to mention this alleviates issues of dry pockets, overwatering, etc.
Isn't it the ultimate luxury? Who cares if it's better for the plants lol. It's better for me!🤣

RVDV Clones - Day 14 of Flower.
20240601_144317.jpg

#3.

20240601_144322.jpg

#1.

Clone #2 - Day 1 of Flower.
20240601_144329.jpg

The extra 13 days of veg made a big difference, but she may stretch too tall too. Time will tell.

20240601_144352.jpg

RVDV Clone 4 still in the veg tent. 1 more day. Mutey is ripe. The last spot opens.😊

20240601_144408.jpg

Still getting greener but no new growth acceleration yet.

20240601_145227.jpg

Mutey came ripe today on Day 61.

20240601_151052.jpg

One cola trimmed, but today is really busy so likely I won't finish until tomorrow, then I need to pull the clones out, clean the whole tent, and reload all 4 clones into the flower tent.

I got most of Ikky's lowers trimmed but not quite all. She is sitting outside in the back yard waiting.

Another hour of trimming on her and I can chop and hang.

I'll grab some pic's tomorrow when I finish her up too.

Incredible Amigo :adore: :adore: :adore:
I'm gobsmacked every time I see them.:yahoo:
Hope your weekend is going well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

So here is a breakdown of what each clone will cost on a 1st run basis using Gaia Green, and I calculated it at 2gals/pot, not 1.66 because I mix it by the gallon and use the leftovers elsewhere.

Perlite and The Answer costs get cut in half for every run that they get recycled.

EWC is free as I farm my own castings.

Per pot
36ml Fertalive = $00.50
The Answer = $00.72
Perlite $03.63
Gaia Powerbloom $03.57
EWC = Free
Used soil = Free
Dolomite $00.30
1 tea $00.60
1 seed 10.00
$09.32 plus the seed
$19.32 total
$17.14 per pot on the recycle.

So if I get 2oz/plant it's 10 bucks an ounce plus electricity.

10gal pots average 7 oz of cola only no larf yield so that greatly improves seed costs.

$60 a plant for 7oz in 10gals= $8.57/oz and electrical costs the same.

Small pot grows are hard and expensive, but Gaia Green Powerbloom is a cheap route to great easy organic weed.

Rev's mix is more, I haven't broken it down, and better for brix, but Gaia works very well for a low maintenance grow.

To anyone starting out I have to give it a recommendation.👍👍👊❤️

It gets you into the game for $20-50 a plant, seed included. $7-10 per oz. And thats no larf, primo colas only.

But Rev's is better😊. For 5 months of your life, it's worth the extra money.

Hey Gee, water stick question. I put mine in a glass of water and it reads 7 thinking it should read 10. Does yours do that?
I don't think you're supposed to put them directly in water. Mine comes with that warning on the package.

Back
Top Bottom