The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

The unedited version.

I had the exposure bracketing turned up a full 1 and 1/3 (or is it down?) for this. I was trying to wash out imperfections like the label edge. Make it brighter and more “spring” like.

It was brighter but you could still see the sticker edge.

Well done, thats a great shot

Thanks UA, much appreciated!:thanks:
I just held up a few Jilly Bean colas in front of my desktop computer photo trying to keep them from shaking (which was the hard part trust me) as I snapped the shot with my free hand which took more than a few attempts to get it right without any real signs of blurriness in the buds.
Not a lot of thought went into it like your work involves but it ended up okay I guess. I took the shot with my camera set on the "Creative Auto" mode and with the flash engaged to highlight the flowers themselves and not the background so much.
I also had the vivid color setting on for this shot so I wouldn't have to do any post production in my I-Photo program where I normally add a dash of color to my work, or in most cases that is.:ganjamon: Thanks again for the positive feedback!

Hope all is going well up your way today which after taking a peek at Google maps last night it would appear that you live in the boondocks way away from big city living if I'm correct. Lucky man!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks UA, much appreciated!:thanks:
I just held up a few Jilly Bean colas in front of my desktop computer photo trying to keep them from shaking (which was the hard part trust me) as I snapped the shot with my free hand which took more than a few attempts to get it right without any real signs of blurriness in the buds.
Not a lot of thought went into it like your work involves but it ended up okay I guess. I took the shot with my camera set on the "Creative Auto" mode and with the flash engaged to highlight the flowers themselves and not the background so much.
I also had the vivid color setting on for this shot so I wouldn't have to do any post production in my I-Photo program where I normally add a dash of color to my work, or in most cases that is.:ganjamon: Thanks again for the positive feedback!

Hope all is going well up your way today which after taking a peek at Google maps last night it would appear that you live in the boondocks way away from big city living if I'm correct. Lucky man!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thats crazy! I was thinking of how you did that, I like your way much better, simple is better. It looks good no matter how it was done. The right settings saves time. Worked out well, the flowers are highlighted with that lovely sunset leaf silhouette in the back.

I am in a decent city but in the middle of the wilderness lol. I have all the things an outdoorsmen would want within 30 minutes of the house. Price of a home is reasonable, traffic to work is light, and the water/air is clean. Cant ask for more.

Here's a solo shot of some organic sun room grown Jilly Bean nuggets w/420 Magazine sticker as a backdrop. :ganjamon:

It was a bit of a pain in the "A' as they say trying to take a flash photo of without having a reflection show up on the black sticker but I figured it out after taking a dozen shots or so.:hmmmm: It's all part of the learning process which I absolutely :love:.

The unedited version.

I had the exposure bracketing turned up a full 1 and 1/3 (or is it down?) for this. I was trying to wash out imperfections like the label edge. Make it brighter and more “spring” like.

It was brighter but you could still see the sticker edge.

I like the way you were able to keep the top leaf in focus for the most part and especially with the angle you shot the photo from which is no easy chore trust me.:adore: I just tried something similar with my Jilly Bean nugs. but gave up after numerous attempts.:( It's not quite as easy as some may think and you deserve props. for in return!:thumb:

I like the way you were able to keep the top leaf in focus for the most part and especially with the angle you shot the photo from which is no easy chore trust me.:adore: I just tried something similar with my Jilly Bean nugs. but gave up after numerous attempts.:( It's not quite as easy as some may think and you deserve props. for in return!:thumb:

I appreciate the love. Its all part of the fun of growing but its nice when you create something interesting. Getting high and getting creative.

I have messed around with that sticker too. Its tricky to get it not to reflect, especially straight on. Nicely done.

Its a fun thing to let the mind wander. Never know where it ends up

Kinda of a lazy growtographer to be honest lol.

Hey UA, this is true for me so much, I loves the "growtographer" gonna start using that.
...and I feel my eyes are out of focus most of the time, dunno what is going on.

And big thanks for showing some male plants back a couple of pages. I never felt I grabbed the capture of a male plant in any sort of satisfactory way. Good to see.

I forgot how much joy this thread had, so glad I passed this way today. :snowboating:

Here's a dried cola shot of my organic sun room grown Killer Purps-Pheno #1 after a good month and a half of curing & with a purplish colored ocean scene poster that I used for a backdrop. :blunt:

I also gave it one splash of color and than used my sharpness filter at 50% to bring it into focus which I have to do sometimes since I'm slowly losing my vision due to a glaucoma problem and why I have legal license to both consume and grow my own marijuana.:bong:
When my vision finally goes so will my hobby as a photographer I know so enjoy it while you can folks.:laugh:

I hear ya UA!
Without my eyes all of my hobbies like woodworking...photography...as well as my love for graphic design which I spent years learning how to do all go out the door.:(
At least I made it into my late fifties with no serious health issues and have years to go my doc. said before I lose my eyesight completely so I'll just make the best of it until that time arrives.
Maybe with all of this new wave technology at our hands they'll come up with cure for glaucoma someday although I'm not going to count my chickens until they're hatched as they say.:laugh:

Selfie, Makin Clouds....

_NGP7394 (6)1.jpg

Always looking to find decent seedling shots. Particularly multiple seedlings. But lighting and the general condition of the plant, soil, etc usually dictate the result. I have found my T5's that are probably around 6,500k give me some of the best light. Had to use my cheap diffuser to break some of that brightness on the leaf/water. The camera was having difficulty sensing how much light there was. Also manually changed the metering to point and centred the camera on the leaf tip to get some of the shots today.

This one, like many of my previous seedling shots, I like the framing of the seed tray on the seedling.

Here's a dried cola shot of my organic sun room grown Killer Purps-Pheno #1 after a good month and a half of curing & with a purplish colored ocean scene poster that I used for a backdrop. :blunt:

I also gave it one splash of color and than used my sharpness filter at 50% to bring it into focus which I have to do sometimes since I'm slowly losing my vision due to a glaucoma problem and why I have legal license to both consume and grow my own marijuana.:bong:
When my vision finally goes so will my hobby as a photographer I know so enjoy it while you can folks.:laugh:
I just love the purple background on this with the orange pistils. Those always work together.

Back
Top Bottom