Super Silver Haze, Amsterdam Genetics: 60x60cm 2x2ft, DWC, 250w HPS, T.A. GHE, ScrOG

MGD plants are fkd cause if it
I doubt that the cause was Epsom, may be the application. I had it from a previous grow and its not the first time I used it. The specs are getting less now, plant starts looking good again, I cant see any ill effects.

Then, I also use bleach in the res at times, so I'm just weird :p

Re Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) - I invite you to take a look at any number of the popular fertilizers (designed for hydroponics) that provide Mg, and you will likely note that magnesium sulfate is in the listed ingredients. Some may use magnesium nitrate, but most use magnesium sulfate. And 1 to 2g/gal is highly unlikely to be toxic.

I doubt that the cause was Epsom, may be the application. I had it from a previous grow and its not the first time I used it. The specs are getting less now, plant starts looking good again, I cant see any ill effects.

I don't have problem what people does or don't do. It's just the sulfur in it that's the problem for me. And if you don't out right amount per plant and I mean exactly the right amount u have issues and crap. It can cause so much havic on plants it's unreal. Reason farmers stop using it back in the 60s it was so hard to control. And if u just mis calculate or make one mishap puff. Plant is in horrible trouble. Not only deff in many other nutes. U have to be exspert just about to use it. And telling people to use it never done before. Is to risky . Especially all hard work they been doing. Should come with warning label.
But people do what they want. Not my plants. Just dangerous to use is all .

I don't have problem what people does or don't do. It's just the sulfur in it that's the problem for me. And if you don't out right amount per plant and I mean exactly the right amount u have issues and crap. It can cause so much havic on plants it's unreal. Reason farmers stop using it back in the 60s it was so hard to control. And if u just mis calculate or make one mishap puff. Plant is in horrible trouble. Not only deff in many other nutes. U have to be exspert just about to use it. And telling people to use it never done before. Is to risky . Especially all hard work they been doing. Should come with warning label.
But people do what they want. Not my plants. Just dangerous to use is all .
There is no sulfur in there. Sulfate is not sulfur.

Epsom Salt
1645552911425.jpeg
What Is Epsom Salt? Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate. It's a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It gets its name from the town of Epsom in Surrey, England, where it was originally discovered.
Key words: chemical compound. It's a sulfate after combining sulfur, magnesium and oxygen. It's not sulfur.

Nut sure how sulfur would be relevant to the Epsom Salt discussion, as it is just an ingredient in the sulfite sulfate, and to my knowledge, sulfite sulfate does not break down to sulfur.

Even the articles out there often get that wrong it seems.

1645559766794.png

1645559717214.png

Epsom salt work just fine with plants, and contains much need nutrients.

As has been said previously, with any product- too much can cause harm.

JR Peter's nutrients (Jack's), actually requires it.

Many growers, myself included have used it, without negative effects, when used correctly.

Nut sure how sulfur would be relevant to the Epsom Salt discussion, as it is just an ingredient in the sulfite, and to my knowledge, sulfite does not break down to sulfur.

Even the articles out there often get that wrong it seems.

1645559766794.png

1645559717214.png
Precisely!
No one adds sulfur powder in hydroponics. I even use sulfuric acid as my pH down with no issues.

Nut sure how sulfur would be relevant to the Epsom Salt discussion, as it is just an ingredient in the sulfite, and to my knowledge, sulfite does not break down to sulfur.
Just to point out how ridiculously easy it is to make a mistake here .. I said sulfite when trying to talk about sulfate .. so yah. :eye-roll:

It's Just a risky thing to use and not mess up.. as u can tell yourself in the pictures. And you used it before says it .
Best growers farmers and all will tell u u can't make a mistake with it. Why farmers stop using it .

Back
Top Bottom