Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

This ought to be fun to watch. Looking forward Stunger! :Rasta:

Looking forward to your grow this season! :popcorn:

Great start to the journal, Stunger. It's nice and concise. Congrats on the birth of the babies you created. So exciting.

Sweet! A Stunger grow journal to follow from the start. Count me in. :popcorn:

Sorry I’m late. Your doorman wouldn’t let me in. He said I didn’t meet the Dress Code.

I had to duck home and change….🌸🌸🌸

A45BAAFB-E033-4FC8-B3C9-EE8D7EA4DDF7.jpeg

This ought to be fun to watch. Looking forward Stunger! :Rasta:
Thanks for dropping by GDB!
Looking forward to your grow this season! :popcorn:
Cheers Beez, I'm ready for it too!
Great start to the journal, Stunger. It's nice and concise. Congrats on the birth of the babies you created. So exciting.
Thanks Carmen, it'll no doubt be slow for while!
Sweet! A Stunger grow journal to follow from the start. Count me in. :popcorn:
You're most welcome HG!

Buddy, quick question.
How much height do you have to work with from the pot until they will be seen?
As we both deal with crazy winds wondering if growing them on a screen mesh flat or in a cylinder will work. I use both to keep everything contained, mostly for wind but they are stealthy too.
The idea being to weave them trough each space creating twists and crazy growth but restricting length and your plants won't move in the wind. At all.
Got some pics of a landrace mother I'm doing now, but don't want to post them on your shiny new journal.
I'll update my journal and tag you otherwise.
Wishing you an epic summer grow.

Buddy, quick question.
How much height do you have to work with from the pot until they will be seen?
As we both deal with crazy winds wondering if growing them on a screen mesh flat or in a cylinder will work. I use both to keep everything contained, mostly for wind but they are stealthy too.
The idea being to weave them trough each space creating twists and crazy growth but restricting length and your plants won't move in the wind. At all.
Got some pics of a landrace mother I'm doing now, but don't want to post them on your shiny new journal.
I'll update my journal and tag you otherwise.
Wishing you an epic summer grow.
Hi Lerugged, thanks for considering my wind challenged grow. I think at most I'll be able to allow about 2 feet for height from the lip of the pots, give or take as the 50L pots are a little bit taller than the 30L pots. The heavily LST'd nature of my training does help give bracing for the plants, altho seeing them getting pushing around in wind can be concerning. I also have to consider the overall 'matrix' of training with all the plants jammed up next to each other as the packed space definitely compromises access for garden maintenance. Cheers, and I look forward to seeing another great roof top grow from you.

Minor Update - 2 weeks since up-potting - now all topped

Greetings 420 enthusiasts!
It has been 2 weeks exactly since I up-potted the seedlings to their final pots. The stems have noticeably thickened which is good. So far I have only watered them thru their 'aeration chamber' down pipes, and they seem to be growing quite happily.

Mulanje x Purple Honduras/Panama

Mulanje x (Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje)

Mulanje Sherbert

After taking the individual pics I topped all plants about the 4th node. Usually I 'micro top' but this time I snipped them off leaving a small stalk. The stalk does help prevent stem splits later on, but in all fairness whenever stem spilts have happened I have found that they are repaired quite easily with some tape.

The lineup today after 2 weeks in final pots and being topped above the 4th node

Anyway, that's the state of play at this early stage. :ganjamon:

A minor update might sound sad but those plants look happy enough to be in A major! Looking great as expected. :cool:
Thanks Shed! It's always a bit slow at the early stages.
Omg, 420 enthusiasts!

You so classy Stung!

And you have an amazing beginning and I am really excited to watch your show :)
Thanks Tra! Hopefully I can keep the grow on track.

Update - 3 weeks in their final pots and they're beginning to find their legs

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! We're still at the early stages of this grow. Late last week I topped all plants above the 4th node, although 1 of the Mulanje HP's had grown 5 nodes so I rubbed off the 5th node shoots as I don't need that many.

I also sprinkled slug and snail pellets around the tiles in an effort to 'get' the slugs that had been chomping a few bites out of some of the leaves. It seems to be working with lots of dead slugs showing up on the tiles.

So far I have only watered via the Root Aeration Chamber down pipes. Yesterday, they got a yummy drink of worm wee (leachate from my worm farm). But there has been a odd patch of rain that should have given them a bit of top down moisture too.

The line up

2 x Mulanje HP

2 x Mulanje ME

2 x Mulanje Sherbert

So currently not a lot happening, but I am happy with their progress at this early stage of the grow. I am just pleased that we're past the tricky germination/seedling phase.
Thanks for dropping by, keep well, and may your own gardens be blooming! :ganjamon:

Great growth on the little ladies plants, Stunger!
I also sprinkled slug and snail pellets around the tiles in an effort to 'get' the slugs that had been chomping a few bites out of some of the leaves.
One benefit of the California drought- no more snails or slugs, not in my yard, anyway...
I am just pleased that we're past the tricky germination/seedling phase.
For me, that's the hardest part..I'm pretty sure I've killed more than I've sprouted... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom