Soil (420 Blaze it)

darkdragon2451

Hey i currently use 420 Blaze it soil. The Thing is i dont know how Long the nutrients in the soil Last for or If it will Last the whole plant(its Not in the description or in the bag)! I contacted the conpany that makes the soil but they didnt answer me yet. Is someone familiär with this Brand of soil?
1723855515115.jpg
1723855480315.jpg
1723855648325.jpg

1723855480293.jpg

Hey i currently use 420 Blaze it soil. The Thing is i dont know how Long the nutrients in the soil Last for or If it will Last the whole plant(its Not in the description or in the bag)! I contacted the conpany that makes the soil but they didnt answer me yet. Is someone familiär with this Brand of soil?
Looks like it's basically ProMix (peat-based, not soil) but with some random "NPK" mixed in. Definitely vague, and if the company won't tell you what the NPK values are then you're on your own. You don't mention how old your plants are, but if they're in veg and you start to see any hint of yellowing of the lower fans then it's time to start fertilizing.

Looks like it's basically ProMix (peat-based, not soil) but with some random "NPK" mixed in. Definitely vague, and if the company won't tell you what the NPK values are then you're on your own. You don't mention how old your plants are, but if they're in veg and you start to see any hint of yellowing of the lower fans then it's time to start fertilizing.
Alright thx for the correction. Yeah i find it weird too that they wont Text me Back what NPK are in there or even how Long it will Last🤷🏻‍♂️. So im Just gonna continue with water with a Bit pure zym and root growth or are These Minerals to much too? I dont have any Problems other then a Lil Bit White Specs but thats prob cause of water Drops that i missed. My plants are also Like 2 and 2,5
1723879016433.jpg
1723879016440.jpg
weeks old

Looking good so far! Just keep an eye on the lowers because growing plants are heavy N users so they tend to show a deficiency there first (yellowing lower leaves). Obviously keep an eye out for Ca or Mg deficiencies as well since the medium is unknown nute-wise.
Oh cool i didnt know that either! That will def Help me out way earlier with diagnosing deficiencies. Do you also know why the one (Sticky Orange XXL) is so short? She is has a lot of thickness going on but shes so tiny compared to the other one (Purple Punch) even tho shes about 4-5 days older😂 or is it cause of the Strain?
1723879686681.jpg

Oh cool i didnt know that either! That will def Help me out way earlier with diagnosing deficiencies.
You might find this chart helpful as well as you go:

Do you also know why the one (Sticky Orange XXL) is so short? She is has a lot of thickness going on but shes so tiny compared to the other one (Purple Punch) even tho shes about 4-5 days older😂 or is it cause of the Strain?
Different varieties can grow at completely different rates and even end up very different sizes, so as long as they're healthy they're doing their best for you!

I'm off to bed (12:30am here) so have a great evening/day!

The plants look like they are in small black pots. Then it looks like those small pots are buried inside the soil mix in the larger white pots or buckets. Is there a reason for this?
Yeah you See it right. Once i was a Bit to lazy to remove the Pot and Second some Roots already sticked through and i didnt wanna harm them this early. (They are Mesh pots so the Roots can easily Go Out from every Site)

Once i was a Bit to lazy to remove the Pot and Second some Roots already sticked through and i didnt wanna harm them this early.
I have taken plants out of small pots and have waited as long as 5 minutes before getting them into a new soil. When removing the plant if some of the roots break off I do not flinch. As long as the plant is healthy it will not have a problem and will be growing new roots within hours.

A couple of years ago I had to transplant a large plant. I pulled it out of the pot and chopped off half of the roots with a machete and then put it back in the same pot with new soil. Not a problem. Then a couple of weeks later one of the more active members of the group mentioned doing the same thing with his large plants.

I have taken plants out of small pots and have waited as long as 5 minutes before getting them into a new soil. When removing the plant if some of the roots break off I do not flinch. As long as the plant is healthy it will not have a problem and will be growing new roots within hours.

A couple of years ago I had to transplant a large plant. I pulled it out of the pot and chopped off half of the roots with a machete and then put it back in the same pot with new soil. Not a problem. Then a couple of weeks later one of the more active members of the group mentioned doing the same thing with his large plants.
Oh OK! I only knew that you can Cut Off Like 5cm of tomato/cucumber Roots If you replant them. That way they will grow much bigger and Produce more but idk If the same effect is Said for Weed plants!

Never had a problem with transplanting tomato plants. Cucumbers and squash are so much easier to just put a seed into the ground where I want the plant to spend the rest of its life.

There are limits but Marijuana plants can really take a lot and survive. People even harvest just about everything off the plant and then can get it to go back into a vegetating stage so they can grow it again. That does not always work but it does often enough that people keep experimenting.

Hey you two 👋🏻 @SmokingWings

So i finally found the Minerals thats in it (per Liter)

Salt: 1,5g
Nitrogen: 270mg
Phosphate: 200mg
Potassium: 360mg
It also has trichoderma, Lime and trace nutrients in it but its not mentioned how much

Can you conclude how Long the nutrients will Last with this information? And If so is this good for Seedlings or only for bigger plants?

Hey you two 👋🏻 @SmokingWings

It also has trichoderma, Lime and trace nutrients in it but its not mentioned how much

Can you conclude how Long the nutrients will Last with this information? And If so is this good for Seedlings or only for bigger plants?
I'm not sure how to calculate milligrams of nitrogen/L of soil, but the ratio looks okay for cannabis in veg while it lasts. If you have some regular non-nutrient soil to start your seeds in I'd go with that, and then transplant them when they're about 3 nodes tall.

And then just watch the lower leaves for signs of N deficiency and the rest of the leaves for Ca or Mg deficiency, and that will tell you when it's time to start adding nutrients to your water.

It is hard to relate to that way of reporting the measurement. I am used to seeing the amounts of the main or macro nutrients showing as a percentage. Most of the time it will look like 4-1-3 as am example meaning 4% Nitrogen, 1% Phosphorous and 3% Potassium.

On top of that when it is being used on a bag of potting soil the numbers are much smaller, something like .4-.1-.3 which would be 4 tenths of a percent, 1 tenth of a percent and 3 tenth of a percent.

It will be hard to figure out how long any particular nutrient will last since the size of the plant will have a major affect on that. Bigger the plant with more leaves then the greater the need for any particular nutrient. And, what is used to provide any particular nutrient will have an affect on how fast and how long that nutrient is available.

As an example, if they are using fish emulsion to supply the Nitrogen it will become available very quickly and the amounts will be absorbed and used by the plant a lot soon than if the Nitrogen comes from Chicken Manure which is considered a slow release.

There is a lot to consider if someone wants to get really involved with gardening. Eventually it becomes second nature to look at a bag of fertilizer or soil mix and take in the info without actually thinking about it. Sort of like riding a bicycle or being able to use a manual transmission or being able to bake a cake;).

It is hard to relate to that way of reporting the measurement. I am used to seeing the amounts of the main or macro nutrients showing as a percentage. Most of the time it will look like 4-1-3 as am example meaning 4% Nitrogen, 1% Phosphorous and 3% Potassium.

On top of that when it is being used on a bag of potting soil the numbers are much smaller, something like .4-.1-.3 which would be 4 tenths of a percent, 1 tenth of a percent and 3 tenth of a percent.

It will be hard to figure out how long any particular nutrient will last since the size of the plant will have a major affect on that. Bigger the plant with more leaves then the greater the need for any particular nutrient. And, what is used to provide any particular nutrient will have an affect on how fast and how long that nutrient is available.

As an example, if they are using fish emulsion to supply the Nitrogen it will become available very quickly and the amounts will be absorbed and used by the plant a lot soon than if the Nitrogen comes from Chicken Manure which is considered a slow release.

There is a lot to consider if someone wants to get really involved with gardening. Eventually it becomes second nature to look at a bag of fertilizer or soil mix and take in the info without actually thinking about it. Sort of like riding a bicycle or being able to use a manual transmission or being able to bake a cake;).
Alright so Back to the start of watching the leafes until i See Changes😂😂 luckily i got nutrients etc already there and can instantly start If they need something👌

... watching the leafes until i See Changes😂😂 luckily i got nutrients etc already there and can instantly start If they need something👌
There is a lot to be said for starting the fertilizing before signs of shortages show up. It can make a difference in size of plant and size of harvest. Some of the fertilizer companies will start their fertilizing programs based on the number of weeks of the plant, usually about the third or fourth week after the seed sprouted.

Waiting till the plant starts to show signs that it is time it might already be a week or so too late. I don't think that being a bit too late will really hurt much but as I keep growing these things I have noticed that being ahead of the plant does pay off at the end. Which can be said in general about growing any plant whether a colorful summer flower or a vegetable of some sort.

There is a lot to be said for starting the fertilizing before signs of shortages show up. It can make a difference in size of plant and size of harvest. Some of the fertilizer companies will start their fertilizing programs based on the number of weeks of the plant, usually about the third or fourth week after the seed sprouted.

Waiting till the plant starts to show signs that it is time it might already be a week or so too late. I don't think that being a bit too late will really hurt much but as I keep growing these things I have noticed that being ahead of the plant does pay off at the end. Which can be said in general about growing any plant whether a colorful summer flower or a vegetable of some sort.
Well they are growing pretty good so for now i have nothing to worry

You might find this chart helpful as well as you go:

Different varieties can grow at completely different rates and even end up very different sizes, so as long as they're healthy they're doing their best for you!

I'm off to bed (12:30am here) so have a great evening/day!
Hey👍 so basically she started showing some deficiency If im correct. I didnt see what it is tho from the list.
1725001678847.jpg

Back
Top Bottom