SimonDetroits Modified Stinkbud Grow

re: SimonDetroits Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow", Dinafem Bluberry Hash, G-13 labs NL/SK, DNA G

Hey man i just checkin out your grow and thought i would tell you good job on the comeback i would have been so depressed lol. +Reps bro

Thanks Bro and +reps to you too for taking the time to check this grow out. I shit my pants when I walked in that room and saw all my work down the tubes. I'm just praying the stress isn't gonna cause any Hermie related issues......knock on wood.:peace:

re: SimonDetroits Perpetual Aero/NFT Grow", Dinafem Bluberry Hash, G-13 labs NL/SK, DNA G

yeah man i feel you there i would cry lol but i have been fortunate enough to not come across many problems just small ones but the Deep Water Culture were rite there to help. I got two "Feminized" White Widows in a 5gal bucket but 3.5gal of water and using two 250watt fluoro's one 6400k and the other 2700k, the 2700k just put up today for last couple of days of veg and two little 42watt at 1600k for backlighting. So your bout 3.5 weeks into flowering with these girls how long you plannin on goin for?

Question: Why wouldn't you leave the ppm the same as the veg unit when transferring? Example say you take the ladies out of the veg with a ppm of 1200 why not put them into the flowering unit with a ppm of 1200?

Just wondering cause Im gonna attempt a closet grow sometime. :grinjoint:

Question: Why wouldn't you leave the ppm the same as the veg unit when transferring? Example say you take the ladies out of the veg with a ppm of 1200 why not put them into the flowering unit with a ppm of 1200?

Just wondering cause Im gonna attempt a closet grow sometime. :grinjoint:

The best answer I can give you is this......When you go into flowering from veg you are switching your nutes to a different recipe. Since different things will be in this "new"" recipe, you wanna take it easy at first to make sure your soon to be flowering plants dont get pissed at you.

yeah man i feel you there i would cry lol but i have been fortunate enough to not come across many problems just small ones but the Deep Water Culture were rite there to help. I got two "Feminized" White Widows in a 5gal bucket but 3.5gal of water and using two 250watt fluoro's one 6400k and the other 2700k, the 2700k just put up today for last couple of days of veg and two little 42watt at 1600k for backlighting. So your bout 3.5 weeks into flowering with these girls how long you plannin on goin for?
Not really sure how long these girls are gonna take. This is my first indoor grow. Plus I'm running 3 strains in each of my two flowering units? I'll just have to wait it out. Eventually once I get my 1000 wattligh up and get another flowering unit or two going I will start running 1 single strain per rack. As a matter of fact I just took 23 cuttings from the NL/SK so I can eventually run that solo.

Nice man get you a good variety goin im plannin on buildin a grow room out on my back patio so i can grow bout 7 or so and a variety.

Just found your thread Simon D. Looking good besides the almost coup d" etat of your plants (lol). Did pit recomend you to flush every week before changing nutes? What size can fan did you get for your 600 and 1000 watter?

424 cfl 6" to vent the fans. Band then I have a 10" 790cfm hooked up to a carbon scrubber. I'm excited for that 1000 watter!! Glad you found my journal. I follow pits nute amounts.

424 cfl 6" to vent the fans. Band then I have a 10" 790cfm hooked up to a carbon scrubber. I'm excited for that 1000 watter!! Glad you found my journal. I follow pits nute amounts.

Gotcha. Looks like I'm going to have to follow pits nutes top secret ppm levels for when I crank up my grow. Hopefully soon I will have 2 perpetual stinkbud systems (6 nft/aero units). I will be be testing Botanicare in one system and Dutch Masters whole Gold series in the other. I'll keep ya posted when I crank up my first journal.

Simon,

Great thread. Shit happens to everyone. Nice comeback, and remember, this is all learning experience as well. Don't get too caught up in the here and now of failures and setbacks, this experience will provide you with valuable perspective in the future.

I want to build one of those stinkbud hydroponcs for a greenhouse in the backyard I'm building. I wanna see how tomatoes, peppers and medicine will grow this summer.

Grown on, dude!

Gotcha. Looks like I'm going to have to follow pits nutes top secret ppm levels for when I crank up my grow. Hopefully soon I will have 2 perpetual stinkbud systems (6 nft/aero units). I will be be testing Botanicare in one system and Dutch Masters whole Gold series in the other. I'll keep ya posted when I crank up my first journal.

Sounds good Sky, I'm not married to the Botanicare line. However since I had all the info regarding specific amounts and how/when to mix......I'm glad I used the Botanicare line. Please keep me posted on the Dutch Masters in the stink system. Come back and see me towards the middle of next week once I get the 1000 watter and vent system in place.

Simon,

Great thread. Shit happens to everyone. Nice comeback, and remember, this is all learning experience as well. Don't get too caught up in the here and now of failures and setbacks, this experience will provide you with valuable perspective in the future.

I want to build one of those stinkbud hydroponcs for a greenhouse in the backyard I'm building. I wanna see how tomatoes, peppers and medicine will grow this summer.

Grown on, dude!

Thanks alot ! I actually have seen a few videos on youtube with people usimg aero/nft systems outside with vegtables. I was a bigtime Heirloom Tomato grower for years. There are actually quite a few simular traits that MJ and Tomato plants share. Pretty Cool. Are you using a kit to build the green house?:peacetwo:

Looking good. Is there any reason for getting the lumatek? I got all 5 of my 1000s with the xtrasun balast and daystar a/c hoods for less than 350 shipped each. I guess I am just cheap like that ;)

Thanks alot ! I actually have seen a few videos on youtube with people usimg aero/nft systems outside with vegtables. I was a bigtime Heirloom Tomato grower for years. There are actually quite a few simular traits that MJ and Tomato plants share. Pretty Cool. Are you using a kit to build the green house?:peacetwo:

No kit. Just googled pvc greenhouse and found plans. It's half built and then the weather turned crappy...and I got lazy. It's just a basic quanset hut style house. I don't have much room in the backyard. I was thinking about vegies and a few medicinal herbs; the kind that flower in about 8 weeks from seed (lowryder, etc.). We'll see. May I pm you for your plans?
Thanks,

I'm quite impressed Simon. Plants look nice and healthy. Ur doing well :slide:

I saw your system elsewhere i believe, but this is the first time i read it cover to cover.

well done , quite a narrow escape you experienced there.

Did you manage to find another job after all that?

No kit. Just googled pvc greenhouse and found plans. It's half built and then the weather turned crappy...and I got lazy. It's just a basic quanset hut style house. I don't have much room in the backyard. I was thinking about vegies and a few medicinal herbs; the kind that flower in about 8 weeks from seed (lowryder, etc.). We'll see. May I pm you for your plans?
Thanks,

Feel free to send me a PM, I'll get you the reference material I used to build mine. However I dont have any "real plans"

I saw your system elsewhere i believe, but this is the first time i read it cover to cover.

well done , quite a narrow escape you experienced there.

Did you manage to find another job after all that?

Thanks Vspec, I was a close one thats for sure. No job yet, but I'm staying busy. I gotta rich girl.;)

Looking good. Is there any reason for getting the lumatek? I got all 5 of my 1000s with the xtrasun balast and daystar a/c hoods for less than 350 shipped each. I guess I am just cheap like that ;)

Well I really wanted to try out a huge hood. The hood alone is like 225-240 shipped. So I figured with this $485 deal I was essentially getting a 1000 watt Lumatek Ballast and bulb for $250? I see your point. Thanks for checkin out my shit!:peacetwo:

Thanks Vspec, I was a close one thats for sure. No job yet, but I'm staying busy. I gotta rich girl.;)

half your luck :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom