Silverfox’s First Shot At Making Seeds 2020 Journal

Moving the plants around and one of the taller plants fell against the tent I got it packed down and stabilized but in not happy but there’s not much I can do but hope it didn’t do too much damage. Other than that not much to report. I’m going to up pot them and move them into the 4 x 4 this weekend

Looks like you need some water trays under your pots?? Keep the floor as clean as you can. Which means we gotta take plants out and clean and put plants back in.

Its parta the whole.

GL with your breeding projects.

Like Cris mentioned. I'd start doing clones and reverse the worthy. You can run clones for many years I've been doing it. Then when I get seed I keep them in my vault.

Eventually I get S1 seeds without doing much anything regarding breeding. What those chemicals are doing is stressing the plant to reverse itself. Which plants will do anyway since its part of the genetics. The chemicals just kinda force the issue.

We can get similar result from environmental stress as well. Either on purpose or otherwise. For example last summer my AC went out and temps were in the 100-105F for several days in the flower room. I got S1 seeds on a few plants. Not a lot but enough 10 seeds is a good haul and the weed is GREAT too. You cant smoke the plants that were treated with STS or CS that stuff is poisonous to humans.

Just throwing that out there. I have the ingredients for STS and have never used it. I have plenty of S1 FEM seeds from most of the genetics I've ran over the years.

Your worry about seed futures I think is a legit worry. With Monsanto getting into the Cannabis game anything could happen.

GL with your grow and GL with your breeding projects.

Thanks @bobrown14 I’ll look into some trays. I had some but we moved them into the greenhouse this spring and never got them back lol

Hey @Silverfox125 ... nice setup ... and it's great to see you taking the leap into pollen chucking.

I'm going to learn as much as I can in my next grow about pollen, seeds, and cross-breeding.

I'll definitely be using regular seeds ... all natural and the best chance of capturing and retaining good genetics from what I have read.

At some point in the near future, I plan to cross a few strains that we find make good medicine ... and some other crosses just for fun.

Looking forward to your next update ...

ttyl

I’m excited to get one under my belt. I figured the first run is to learn the process. Learn the timing of the male flower. Then hopefully build off that and get better every time at selecting. But it’s mainly for fun. I never plan to sell any seeds but will gladly give them out to beginners so they can spend their money on the important stuff at first like lighting

I present the most messed up looking tent I’ve ever seen. But with some love I’ll get them back to full health soon enough

I will admit I messed up putting these in my regular veg tent in an attempt to save money on the electric bill for another month. I waited too long to transplant and had issues with two damaging some roots that had grown through the container.

I have changed procedures to run this tent start to finish next time and eliminate these timing mishaps.

I digress. I’ll get them healthy I promise.

those gangly berry mix plants had the most dense root system it blew me away.

C94838FC-4756-4808-95D8-2BCB565647B1.jpeg

I sent the PO very late today for a new series 3 250 watt light that I will put in this tent and use the hid as needed until I can get another one for this tent and be fully complete in my upgrade to @Budget LED from the HID equipment that got me this far.

my electric cost will be less than half of what it was with this same Setup before making the upgrade

That’s my fix for the issue. this tent will be able to run seedling to flower and it will be independent of the perpetual tents.

:green_heart: Silver

Good morning everyone!

I’m back at work.... Struggling through the morning so I thought I’d take a quick break to update.

recovery seems to be coming along for the two that need it most.

I’m looking for seed recommendations from seedsman. I currently have chemdog from Humboldt and some northern lights in my cart but I know it can’t be true chemdog since it’s regular seeds and that’s a clone only strain so who knows what it actually is.

Does anybody have a strain that they really enjoyed from seedsman that come in regular seeds?

thanks!

What do u prefer

Indica or Sativa

Amnesia Haze is a great sativa, Jack Herer as well

GDP and Mendocino Purps are two of my favorite Indica

For straight CBD, Candida is epic, and am trying Dr Seedsman and Pink Kush CBD Auto as well

Do u grow for medical or pain?

Back
Top Bottom