Semi-perpetual growing using two tents?

Saxplayer

So, theoretical question coming up.

If you had one small tent which is approx W32” x H32” x D20” (I just bought that for seedlings/clones, and one main tent 2x4. How best would you cycle these for perpetual grows?

I’m setting up DWC (bubbler) with maybe two pots in main tent (could run to three).

Thank you.
:cool: 🎷

How best would you cycle these for perpetual grows?
Timing is going to be important. The flowering is a fixed amount of time. Mostly it will be 8 to 9 weeks plus maybe one week for the change from vegetating to the start of flowering. Some strains can go 10 to 12 weeks and on rare occasions a grower has had to deal with 14 or more weeks from the start of flower to harvesting.

Probably best to have enough seeds to do several runs of planting to vegetating to moving to the main tent just to get familiar with the new methods. After that it should be safe to start experimenting with two or three strains at the same time.

I would think that photoperiod seeds/plants will be best. That way if the flowering period is taking longer than planned the other photoperiod plants can hang out in the small tent while waiting their turn.

I’m setting up DWC (bubbler) with maybe two pots in main tent (could run to three).

dwc locks a space up for most of veg and all of flower.

most perpetuals run seedling and veg in one tent/space while the other is dedicated to flower. by the time the flower room is finished the veg plants will be ready to flip.

dwc does not allow for easy movement of the plants from space to space.

dwc does not allow for easy movement of the plants from space to space.
Thats why I thought maybe if I grow the seedlings in the same size mesh pots and clay balls, they would be an easy swap into the bigger bubbler pots in the main tent. I thought maybe I could train them (mainline etc) in the small er tent first and just then swap them out into main tent..... if I can time it right that is!
Its a shame I didn't have room for another 2x4 instead of the bench-top size second one.
Oh well, early days, I'm still just a newbie yet. 😁

:cool: 🎷

That depends on how many plants you're planning to flower in your 2x4 at one time.

I grow in soil and flower in a 3'W x 3'H x 1.5'D space and run two plants at a time spaced about 6 weeks apart. I flower in 2 gallon SIP buckets.

I grow 8-10 week strains and typically run 10-14 days from flip to pistils, so call that 2 weeks. So, 2 weeks of transition plus 10 weeks of flower is 12 weeks, half of that is 6 weeks. If a plant finishes earlier than 10 weeks I can have a bit of a gap but that way I also have a bit of a cushion.

Doing it this way I can harvest every 6 weeks spreading the harvest duties like trimming time out as well, and can run 8 plants per year. I grow mostly CBD plants but I can sprinkle in a bit of variety as well.

If you crammed three plants in that 2x4 you could harvest every 4 weeks (12 weeks ÷ 3 plants) but that'll get pretty crowded in DWC or SIP.

As @bluter noted you'll need separate spaces for veg and Flower this way, but it is very efficient.

Back
Top Bottom